What's new

Rubio next contract..

Depends on how he does, and how the Jazz do, this coming season. If he comes back to the form he had at the end of the last season, can hit his shots at a solid clip, stays solid on D, improves his play-making a bit since he is now more comfortable with the team, he could be worth that or maybe even more. I like him better at 3/45-ish, and if they do well and come together he might take a bit less to keep the team together and add a solid piece.

I think they'll offer him in the 3-year at $16M per range. It depends in large part on what the market is like for him. Kokoskov in Phoenix might like him, and they should have some cap space (even though they're paying Ryan Anderson and Trevor Ariza). A couple other teams will likely show some interest in him.

is a double edged sword. before this rubio wanst worth much. the way quin(or his system) used him. and his improved shooting, is making him more expensive.

but then again point guards are not in high demand. i hope he stays. i want the core8 to stay together 4-5 years

We can extend him during the year. My guess is that midway through the year there will be a conversation... his cap hold is $18M so anything he signs for under that creates some space for us. The most we can offer is 120% of his current salary, so if he won't take less than that then it's no deal. If he continues his end of season run my guess is the Jazz extend him at like 4/60-75M and he won't ever be a free agent.

If he goes on the open market his value range is kind of crazy imo. I don't see him as a guy that works perfectly in every system so the team acquiring him would have to have a need, adequate cap space, and feel good about how he'd work. If I was him and the Jazz offer something fair I'd take it quickly.

I hope it's $17, $16, $16 at most. I want it to be stagnant or declining.

Yeah the 16-18M per range would get it done I think. I believe he is absolutely head over heals in love with our team both collectively and as individuals, as well as with Quin who seems to be his muse of sorts. Hell, he’s basically stated as much. Maybe someone would offer him a tiny bit more but I don’t think he’s viewed as highly around the league, and I also think he really would take a little less to stay here.

I’d probably go 17.5, 16.5, 15.5, 14.5.

Reactions: SCS
I recall him saying to the spanish media something along the lines of "I've made more than enough money during my career, basketball is going to be central when I'm considering things on my next contract"

If things go well this year there's a high possibility that Ricky would sign a favorable contract with us.

I'll try to fetch the interview, it's on NBAManiacs or AS iirc.

I think he's worth about as much as Ingles is, so I'd want him on that kind of contract.

If we brought Rubio back for $14 or less for a few years, we would be title contenders. Based off market, he could probably get close to $20 if he plays like he did the 2nd half of last season. Another cut rate contract (Ingles, O'Neale, Crowder, etc.) just allows us to keep one of the deepest teams in the league.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/balo...ato-tengo-para-mi-mis-hijos-y-mis-nietos.html

“Siendo sincero, con el último contrato que firmé ya tengo para mí, para mis hijos y para mis nietos –indicó Ricky–. En ese aspecto no me preocupa, lo que sí miraré es el proyecto donde me sienta cómodo, donde cuenten conmigo para ser una pieza importante y para poder ganar los máximos partidos posibles”.

"Being honest, with my last contract I have enough for me, my children and my grandchildren -said Ricky-. That part doesn't worry me, what I'm going to look for is the project where I can feel comfortable, where they count on me to be an important piece and win the most games possible".

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/balo...ato-tengo-para-mi-mis-hijos-y-mis-nietos.html

“Siendo sincero, con el último contrato que firmé ya tengo para mí, para mis hijos y para mis nietos –indicó Ricky–. En ese aspecto no me preocupa, lo que sí miraré es el proyecto donde me sienta cómodo, donde cuenten conmigo para ser una pieza importante y para poder ganar los máximos partidos posibles”.

"Being honest, with my last contract I have enough for me, my children and my grandchildren -said Ricky-. That part doesn't worry me, what I'm going to look for is the project where I can feel comfortable, where they count on me to be an important piece and win the most games possible".

4/40 Ricky.

****ing do it, bro! Take one for the team and give us the flexibility to sign or trade for some stud.

Rubio has been a top-5 defensive PG. That may change with some of the young bucks coming up (Kriss Dunn, De'aaron Fox, etc.), but still, he's an important part of our defense. He's learning to play a bit off the ball and switch coverage. If he can hit a decent percentage of his 3s, get to the rim and get to the line some, he's definitely worth keeping.

It's going to be difficult to upgrade from him, Exum's health seems like a gamble, and the Jazz should really concentrate their cap space to bring in an athletic, 2-way forward with length. Basically, we need to morph Jae Crowder and Derrick Favors into one player who can shoot, and then make that guy a starter.

Rubio is worth WAY more than 14 mill. Exum got 11 and he's garbage

9.6 guaranteed and it’s based on potential obvi... look at what LaVine got... he ain’t worth that.

I do think money will factor in and if we sign a big free agent either Ricky or Dante will be gone... I think we choose between the two unless they both blow up.

If Dante showed some sustained flashes he could be the trade piece that nets us something at a bigger position of need.

9.6 guaranteed and it’s based on potential obvi... look at what LaVine got... he ain’t worth that.

I do think money will factor in and if we sign a big free agent either Ricky or Dante will be gone... I think we choose between the two unless they both blow up.

If Dante showed some sustained flashes he could be the trade piece that nets us something at a bigger position of need.

You get rid of Exum 100 out of 100 times for Rubio. Rubio did more for us last year than Exum has his entire career

Yeah the 16-18M per range would get it done I think. I believe he is absolutely head over heals in love with our team both collectively and as individuals, as well as with Quin who seems to be his muse of sorts. Hell, he’s basically stated as much. Maybe someone would offer him a tiny bit more but I don’t think he’s viewed as highly around the league, and I also think he really would take a little less to stay here.

I’d probably go 17.5, 16.5, 15.5, 14.5.

Yeah I think he'd take less to stay here. He had the best year of his career here. He finally made it to the playoffs. He seems to genuinely like his teammates and coaches. I have a feeling that he feels like he finally found a home. So I wouldn't be surprised if he took a slight discount to stay.

[✓] one of the best passers in the league
[✓] top-3 defensive PG
[✓] plus-minus wizard, elite bball IQ
[✓] makes teammates better
[✓] can take over games, score 30+ points
[✓] excellent rebounder
[✓] excellent FT shooter
[x] can shoot the ball
[x] consistent

two [x]s but he's been shooting it consistently for several months (longest such period in his career). we'll see about that this season
salary cap is increasing. some of the numbers posted here is absurd.
UTA will resign Rubio to $86/4 with him leaving some money on the table because he genuinely does not care about it.

Fans need to avoid getting stuck in this last offseason's value of players. Just because the bottom dropped out, doesn't mean it won't go back to it was before, when teams have money again. There's a reason why Utah didn't lowball their FA's this year, even though they could have. Would have looked really bad to the rest of their players, once values go back up, which they will.