What's new

Rubio next contract..

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/balo...ato-tengo-para-mi-mis-hijos-y-mis-nietos.html

“Siendo sincero, con el último contrato que firmé ya tengo para mí, para mis hijos y para mis nietos –indicó Ricky–. En ese aspecto no me preocupa, lo que sí miraré es el proyecto donde me sienta cómodo, donde cuenten conmigo para ser una pieza importante y para poder ganar los máximos partidos posibles”.

"Being honest, with my last contract I have enough for me, my children and my grandchildren -said Ricky-. That part doesn't worry me, what I'm going to look for is the project where I can feel comfortable, where they count on me to be an important piece and win the most games possible".

This could be key, and if he comes back on a team friendly deal it could really turn us into contenders going forward. His and Derrick's future is really the big question mark this coming off season, I really don't see us making a push for a big name free agent. Anyway we can worry about that after we win the title this year.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/balo...ato-tengo-para-mi-mis-hijos-y-mis-nietos.html

“Siendo sincero, con el último contrato que firmé ya tengo para mí, para mis hijos y para mis nietos –indicó Ricky–. En ese aspecto no me preocupa, lo que sí miraré es el proyecto donde me sienta cómodo, donde cuenten conmigo para ser una pieza importante y para poder ganar los máximos partidos posibles”.

"Being honest, with my last contract I have enough for me, my children and my grandchildren -said Ricky-. That part doesn't worry me, what I'm going to look for is the project where I can feel comfortable, where they count on me to be an important piece and win the most games possible".

That sound you hear is his agent ******** his pants.

I love Ricky more than most, but y’all are overrating his defense.
His defense is just fine...it's his shooting that's a concern. On a decent contract, he'd be a good signing, but I really think Jazz need to slide Donovan over to PG and bring in a top-tier SG. I see Allen as a 6th man.

I like Ricky even more now.

He doesn't seem very motivated right now, but then it's preseason. I don't think his shooting percentage will be as crucial because we have more shooters now.

if he was extended at this moment, it would probably be George Hill contract money (20/19/18 over three years; such a bad contract in hindsight) if he stays with Utah. That would be a fair price given what we expect Rubio to provide (not as consistently good as what we saw in round 1 of the playoffs, not as bad as what we saw for swaths of last season, and this year's preseason).

Rubio is a pretty massive question mark for this core-- if he continues to progress, we will challenge for a WCF and maybe a championship (given the longterm contracts we have for Gobert, Mitchell, Favors, Exum, and Ingles). If he's inconsistent, especially with respect to shooting, we have to pin our hopes on the explosion of Dante.

if he was extended at this moment, it would probably be George Hill contract money (20/19/18 over three years; such a bad contract in hindsight) if he stays with Utah. That would be a fair price given what we expect Rubio to provide (not as consistently good as what we saw in round 1 of the playoffs, not as bad as what we saw for swaths of last season, and this year's preseason).

Rubio is a pretty massive question mark for this core-- if he continues to progress, we will challenge for a WCF and maybe a championship (given the longterm contracts we have for Gobert, Mitchell, Favors, Exum, and Ingles). If he's inconsistent, especially with respect to shooting, we have to pin our hopes on the explosion of Dante.

If he is extended this season it will be at a number that starts below $18M... his caphold is 18... so extending him for something more than that doesn't make a ton of sense. There is more risk in extending him (injury, poor performance) than letting him get to FA and risking losing him. I don't know that there is a huge market for him. He doesn't fit a lot of systems and takes some planning to make it work. I could see him getting anywhere from 12-20M per season depending on contract length and how he plays.

The Hill deal was different because we had space we could have given that year and received a discount. If I'm the Jazz I probably wait unless he does something in the 13-15M range to start with. I think we can wait until the trade deadline to do sign him... because of risk of injury you just wait until then. They might have preliminary discussions but I'd wait... maybe Exum emerges or its clear Ricky's shooting is too much of a hindrance to our offense.

This team is pretty pinned down to what we have now. There isnt really a spot to practically improve the roster outside the wild chance of landing a huge name.

I plan on enjoying Ricky at what they sign him at, and this group.

Reactions: HgH
I think the Jazz will need to wait and see how he does and how our other players develop. What happens if Allen or Exum exceed expectations? What happens if Ricky gets hurt again or starts clanking shots again? What does he want to bet paid? I hope he has a helluva season so the decision will be easy.

I love the arguments that are exposed...

Rubio
FG - 41,8
FG3 - 35,2

Mitchell
FG - 43,7
FG3 - 34

"Mitchell is awesome..." = "Rubio cant shoot..."

He is always underrated for playing in Minny with a chaotic system. I remember you. Rubio is 27 years old recently. It is a traditional PG. He can continue to improve because it does not depend on his physical. He is pure IQ and he is one pure team player. He is perfect for Jazz, and Jazz is perfect for Rubio.

36m for 2 years.

Reading this thread, i would love to see a thread titled "Burks next contract".

Rubio
FG - 41,8
FG3 - 35,2

Mitchell
FG - 43,7
FG3 - 34

He is always underrated for playing in Minny with a chaotic system. I remember you. Rubio is 27 years old recently. It is a traditional PG. He can continue to improve because it does not depend on his physical. He is pure IQ and he is one pure team player. He is perfect for Jazz, and Jazz is perfect for Rubio.

36m for 2 years.

Dutch?

Rubio
FG - 41,8
FG3 - 35,2

Mitchell
FG - 43,7
FG3 - 34

36m for 2 years.

I mean if he's as good as DM shouldn't we max him out... 2/36 seems awfully low.

So much of the Ricky situation depends on the next 30-40 games. Exum's play could be part of the determining factor one way or another. His value is pretty fluid... if he comes out and shoots well the first 30-40 games then I could see that value going pretty high.

Nothing between 13-20M per season would surprise me.

Rubio
FG - 41,8
FG3 - 35,2

Mitchell
FG - 43,7
FG3 - 34

36m for 2 years.

I'm pretty sure everyone loves Rubio at his career high 3 point % and fg% on career high attempts. Comparing him to a rookie tho? C'mon dude.

Not necessarily. Donovan is perfectly capable of playing the 1, paired with Exum, O'Neale or Allen (not counting AB since I think he's gone after this season). You could even have Ingles and Crowder at the 2/3.

But yes, I do think Rubio stays with Utah for near that price. And if we see his career-high percentages hold, combined with the expected progression for Mitchell, Utah could compete for a title. It's tough, because the Jazz are essentially facing what the late 90's Jazz did: a super team that is overwhelmingly favored to dominate again.