What's new

Rubio traded to Jazz

Seems that Jazz fans only remember the Honeymoon period George Hill (first 12-13 games here) where he couldn't miss, and everything he did made us think that he was the best point guard in the NBA, because he was. I appreciate that he played through injury, and I think he was a good player, but Rubio is a better team player, and a better defender. This trade is awesome for what the Jazz got and otherworldly when you consider what they gave. Rubio will shoot in the high 30's on threes here. I hated George turning down the Jazz offer of around 4 at 20, which even then was way more than he deserved. Over thirty, injured, years of evidence suggesting that your'e a good player but not great, and you turn down 80m guaranteed money, enjoy the lottery.
Lmao. You may have just accidentally revealed why I don't like Hill as much as the board in general does. I didn't have league pass until like 15 games into the season. I heard Hill was doing awesome, but wasn't seeing it night to night. Most of my Jazz viewing was Hill not playing, or being just decent.

Rubio is cheaper and I think we have a higher ceiling as a team with him over Hill (and only a slightly worse floor) I think he'll be awesome here, and the board will fall in love with him.

Starting line up: Rubio, Hood, Hayward, Favors, Gobert. Rubio will make our offense run. Lobs to Gobert, setting up Favors, and Hayward. Hood will have to step up and be the 2nd scoring threat with Hayward. We are losing George Hills scoring ability, for Rubio play making ability. He could make our team run even better or because of lack of shooting we struggle more that last year. It will be interesting to see what happens. He's never been a winner, but his heart and desire to win seem real.

These are pretty much my thoughts. I love this deal personally. I also think that Rubio's shooting issues can be improved upon and I'm sure Hayward had some inkling into this.

I think this deal gets better the more time passes. Rubio is cheaper, younger and at least for last year healthier. The money and toe issue were deal killers for me wanting Bell back. I don't see ever being the same player. Rubio is entering his prime just like Hayward. If Rubio can continue his shot then it is a steal. Just giving up a pick is a steal considering his ability as a passer.

Also now that the dust has settled, I really do think Rubio with 2 years left on his deal, is a GREAT stopgap for when Donovan Mitchell (or Exum) becomes ready to take over the reign at the PG spot.

Can someone with a little time break down our player by player contract situation for both this year and next based on our current roster?

One other thing I forgot to mention. Gobert is happy about this because I think he realizes his offensive production is about to go up. And if he's happy, I'm happy.

Can someone with a little time break down our player by player contract situation for both this year and next based on our current roster?

I'm curious where we're at as a team cap-wise now and where we'd be next year with this group. Plug in Hayward at the max for this year and next.

.... DL is effectively giving up Exum being a pg. This is my real concern. DL wants X cause he sees potential with his length and speed - but doesn't want him as a full time pg. A future sf or sg.... I just hate this thinking without giving him an extended run at it.

No. Pls stop.

Also now that the dust has settled, I really do think Rubio with 2 years left on his deal, is a GREAT stopgap for when Donovan Mitchell (or Exum) becomes ready to take over the reign at the PG spot.

But I don't get that.
Rubio will be in his prime then.
Are you just assuming that Mitchell (or Exum) will be an All Star by then? Despite not ever being given the chance to be the main pg...

I might be a homer..

But u sir are a hater...

I like Exum. I have a lot of hope.

I hate Exum homers. Your insistence to bend the light of everything into some distorted view on Dante Exum is ****ing annoying as ****. It's ignorant of so many things. Stop being a dumbass.

I like Exum. I have a lot of hope.

I hate Exum homers. Your insistence to bend the light of everything into some distorted view on Dante Exum is ****ing annoying as ****. It's ignorant of so many things. Stop being a dumbass.

Stop with your lame negging rep points. Lame.

The Exum homerism is based on a belief that he can be the difference maker. Not some friggin uncontrolled urge to bone him.

I'm curious where we're at as a team cap-wise now and where we'd be next year with this group. Plug in Hayward at the max for this year and next.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/utah-jazz/yearly/cap/

Great resource, updated as transactions happen. We are $7 million in the luxury tax with a Hayward $29 million contract and an Ingles $15 million contract (assuming we don't guarantee Diaw or Neto)

I think we are really going to try to find a way to move that Burks contract somewhere.

One more thing to sell Hayward on after this trade - every single key piece for the Jazz is either just entering their prime or still hasn't entered their prime. Rubio's timeline is much more in line with Hayward's than Hill's was. Compare this to Boston - both their best players are probably past their prime and will be going down. IT has been meeting doctors to determine if and when he needs a surgery which is happening over a month after end of the season, hip surgeries are no joke . Horford is on the way down and already suffered a step back last year compared to previous seasons. AND they will need to lose one more piece for them to even get Hayward. and will probably lose another piece next year.

One more thing to sell Hayward on after this trade - every single key piece for the Jazz is either just entering their prime or still hasn't entered their prime. Rubio's timeline is much more in line with Hayward's than Hill's was. Compare this to Boston - both their best players are probably past their prime and will be going down. IT has been meeting doctors to determine if and when he needs a surgery which is happening over a month after end of the season, hip surgeries are no joke . Horford is on the way down and already suffered a step back last year compared to previous seasons. AND they will need to lose one more piece for them to even get Hayward. and will probably lose another piece next year.

Surely the only way he goes now is if Ainge convinces him they are going to ship all their assets for AD. But no guarantee that deal gets done.

I guess we'll just have to take your word on that. The available evidence suggests otherwise.

But you said yourself you have high hopes for him?

The available evidence (according to you) means that this hope is unfounded.

OR

do you think I have the aforementioned uncontrolled urge?

Either way you sound like a hater in general. Lighten up.