What's new

Rudy Gay to miss some time?

Really hope he didn't lose what's left of his elite speed displayed in this clip. Pretty much has close to LeBron level of old man athleticism. He could be the piece that gets us the ring, and if he comes back healthy, fresh legs without skipping a beat that will be great to have in the playoffs.

Really hope he didn't lose what's left of his elite speed displayed in this clip. Pretty much has close to LeBron level of old man athleticism. He could be the piece that gets us the ring, and if he comes back healthy, fresh legs without skipping a beat that will be great to have in the playoffs.

He is definitely a playoff piece. He may have been the difference maker last year even. Definitely a strong pickup as long as he comes back from the surgery effectively. Big question mark there.

He is definitely a playoff piece. He may have been the difference maker last year even. Definitely a strong pickup as long as he comes back from the surgery effectively. Big question mark there.
Genuine question: is his recovery much of a question? It was my impression that this was fairly routine—even though there’s obviously a significant recovery timeline.

Genuine question: is his recovery much of a question? It was my impression that this was fairly routine—even though there’s obviously a significant recovery timeline.
It’s possible he had his foot amputated and the org is waiting to see if it will regenerate like a lizard’s tail before making any statements that he’ll be out longer.

I don't know. Sounds a little like what Bird had done and he slowed significantly afterward.

It’s possible he had his foot amputated and the org is waiting to see if it will regenerate like a lizard’s tail before making any statements that he’ll be out longer.
That would a long series of “day-to-day” pronouncements.

It won't.

Hmmmm. Welp, I hadn’t been worried. Now I am. Thanks for the heads up.
But… it’s Larry Bird we’re talking about. He put up 20/10/7 his last year on 46/41/93. And we’re having that guy replace Niang. I smell June around the corner.

I smell June around the corner.
The month of June has some fine smells. The smell of the water. The smell of the fish bait. The smell of an ice cold beer. Yessir, June has some mighty fine smells.

Last edited:
June has some fine smells. The smell of the water. The smell of the fish bait. The smell of an ice cold beer. Yessir, June has some mighty fine smells.
You're talking about your Mom, June, right? She does have some mighty fine scents about her doesn't she, that Mama June...

Last edited:
I'm optimistic. Joe Johnson was nowhere near athletic as Rudy, and he was huge for us at 35 years old. Let's hope he leaves it all out on the court for us this year just to get that ring. He showed last year that he can still hit some very difficult shots.

Gay updates straight from Jazz brass to teh harts of teh naos.