What's new

Rudy Gobert 5 years, $205M

Happy to have Rudy back! Large price, but he does help winning, and it was a tough situation of what to do on this one. As far as the Donovan discussion, I tend to agree with Oneye, you watch all these other guys Rudy, Giannis, Bam, etc. at least post and say something about their extension, fanbase, and city. To my knowledge Donovan never said a word about being happy to be staying, or in regards to Utah or the fans here. Some of you don’t find that weird after how he’s acted and what he’s said since he got here? He said a couple things about being happy to continue playing with the guys but we all know how good Donovan is in regards to his image publicly and it does feel like he’s kinda told us what we need to know with his change in tune. I think the Jazz have about a 4 year window here, but I wouldn’t expect Donovan here beyond that. Hopefully they make something happen in the meantime.

Happy to have Rudy back! Large price, but he does help winning, and it was a tough situation of what to do on this one. As far as the Donovan discussion, I tend to agree with Oneye, you watch all these other guys Rudy, Giannis, Bam, etc. at least post and say something about their extension, fanbase, and city. To my knowledge Donovan never said a word about being happy to be staying, or in regards to Utah or the fans here. Some of you don’t find that weird after how he’s acted and what he’s said since he got here? He said a couple things about being happy to continue playing with the guys but we all know how good Donovan is in regards to his image publicly and it does feel like he’s kinda told us what we need to know with his change in tune. I think the Jazz have about a 4 year window here, but I wouldn’t expect Donovan here beyond that. Hopefully they make something happen in the meantime.
I don’t know, he trails only Giannis and Westbrook for size of contract, I think he better say something nice. Say what you want but he and his agent still held up the organization!

I don’t know, he trails only Giannis and Westbrook for size of contract, I think he better say something nice. Say what you want but he and his agent still held up the organization!
I mean yes, my point was just you didn’t see Donovan say much of anything in regards to his extension and that’s not like what he’s been for his first 3 years here. Rudy for sure got over-paid, I think you can argue Donovan’s contract worth up to $195 million is also an overpay when a team like the Lakers is paying the same for AD or Lebron. I guess I just agree it is weird Donovan really didn’t say anything at all or celebrate his extension in a way that gave the vibes “I’m so happy to be here”.

I mean yes, my point was just you didn’t see Donovan say much of anything in regards to his extension and that’s not like what he’s been for his first 3 years here. Rudy for sure got over-paid, I think you can argue Donovan’s contract worth up to $195 million is also an overpay when a team like the Lakers is paying the same for AD or Lebron. I guess I just agree it is weird Donovan really didn’t say anything at all or celebrate his extension in a way that gave the vibes “I’m so happy to be here”.
There was a video where he jumped in a pool with his clothes on. We weren’t in season then and wasn’t available to the media in an official capacity.

Yes undoubtably when directly asked about it he’s not stupid, he’s going to reasonably answer the question.
Yes sure...but it could also be not only a reasonable answer but also an honest one, couldn't it?
It's a matter of opinion....we don't know anything yet.
As far as I'm concerned, I like to think he is sincerely happy for Rudy, if you don't think so, no problem.
I respect your opinion.

Yes sure...but it could also be not only a reasonable answer but also an honest one, couldn't it?
It's a matter of opinion....we don't know anything yet.
As far as I'm concerned, I like to think he is sincerely happy for Rudy, if you don't think so, no problems.
I respect your opinion.
Why would you respect his opinion on this kind of thing. His whole troll shtick is about making a fuss over anything related to Donovan. Internet trolls are to be respected?

"Inductive inferences are invalid. Past performance is no indication of future performance, for logic indicates that just because it rained Monday, there is no guarantee it will rain Tuesday. We must hope, beyond reason, that the laws of nature are indeed invariant and that in important ways, Gobert's and Mitchell's past performances will signal future performances."

Twitter comments have been a hellscape today. Dudes showing their asses on all media platforms.

God damn Jazz please ****ing chip in the next three years.
Can you give me a broad summary of the landscape? I don’t twitter, but I’m curious

It's funny how some of yall see Rudy as some hometown loyalty story and Donovan as some sort of mercenary.

They both signed 5 year max deals with 5th year player options. Rudy got more money. Neither of them tested free agency. Neither of them made any irresponsible demands.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

Why would you respect his opinion on this kind of thing. His whole troll shtick is about making a fuss over anything related to Donovan. Internet trolls are to be respected?
Well, also behind an Internet troll there is a human being...and insulting other people it's not the kind of thing I'm used to doing and I was taught to do.

Only this..., I can disagree, start a debate but starting to insult and offend people only because they have a different point of view (even if is really weird and unlikely) nope...

And then, who knows what will happen? Nobody can predict the future. So I' convinced that there is no point in not respecting other opinion. If anything you can deeply disagree...

(Actually I had no intention of writing so much about that, but here we are :D...)

It's funny how some of yall see Rudy as some hometown loyalty story and Donovan as some sort of mercenary.

They both signed 5 year max deals with 5th year player options. Rudy got more money. Neither of them tested free agency. Neither of them made any irresponsible demands.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
What’s funny is how many people are adding you to their ignore list in a single day

Well, also behind an Internet troll there is a human being...and insulting other people it's not the kind of thing I'm used to doing and I was taught to do.

Only this..., I can disagree, start a debate but starting to insult and offend people only because they have a different point of view (even if is really weird and unlikely) nope...

And then, who knows what will happen? Nobody can predict the future. So I' convinced that there is no point in not respecting other opinion. If anything you can deeply disagree...

(Actually I had no intention of writing so much about that, but here we are :D...)
The ignore feature is great.