What's new

Rudy Gobert greatness - in simple infographics

Rudy Gobert will break Wilt Chamberlain's scoring record.

Gobert needs to work with Malone and Eaton, and those two should just work with Gobert and Gobert only.

If I want one person on this team that I'd invest in, Gobert is that guy. His potential is thru the roof.

Gobert needs to work with Malone and Eaton, and those two should just work with Gobert and Gobert only.

If I want one person on this team that I'd invest in, Gobert is that guy. His potential is thru the roof.
Why?
I know they are Jazz legends, but what makes anyone think they are great coaches? Eaton was big. He stood in the middle and blocked shots. He then tried to get down the court before the shot clock expired. What could he teach Rudy? As for Malone, it was a different era. Gobert is not going to score points by overpowering opponents and using his elbows like flying daggers. Now if Karl wants to show Rudy his bodybuilding regimen, I'm sure that would be ok. But Rudy can get that in many places. I trust the Jazz ARE putting everything they can into developing Gobert. Every coach they hired is a "player development" guy. In the off-season I'll bet he does a couple of stints at P3. Rest of the time he'll be working on strength and shooting.

Why?
I know they are Jazz legends, but what makes anyone think they are great coaches? Eaton was big. He stood in the middle and blocked shots. He then tried to get down the court before the shot clock expired. What could he teach Rudy? As for Malone, it was a different era. Gobert is not going to score points by overpowering opponents and using his elbows like flying daggers. Now if Karl wants to show Rudy his bodybuilding regimen, I'm sure that would be ok. But Rudy can get that in many places. I trust the Jazz ARE putting everything they can into developing Gobert. Every coach they hired is a "player development" guy. In the off-season I'll bet he does a couple of stints at P3. Rest of the time he'll be working on strength and shooting.

Agreed. Outside of height Eaton and Gobert are completely different players. I really want Gobert to work on his timing and positioning for blocks. I would also like to see a few isos on the block for him each game so he can get that experience. He can shoot over anyone. With practice and confidence, the sky is the limit.

Forget Eaton. There's too much emphasis on using former Jazz greats. How about All-time greats?

He should be working with Haleem Olajuwon. Haleem has worked with several young post players and would be a wealth of knowledge for a young player who has the physical and mental abilities that Gobert possesses.

Hell. . . while we're at it. . . the Jazz should have Favors, Kanter and Hayward work with him too.