What's new

Rudy Gobert has got to go

Rudy played good
Rudy played well.

And yeah, he did for the most part. The Jazz definitely played best with him on the court. He just totally goofed with that reverse layup attempt. I think that pissed Quin off so much that he pulled him even though it was clear the Jazz were better with Gobert in that game.

Does anyone remember a couple weeks ago when Gobert wasn't playing and as a result the jazz looked like one of the best teams in the league and were beating other teams by double digits every night? I do. Those were fun times.

STFU Sloanfeld. Terrible new character.

That Deron fell apart there doesn't necessarily mean his trajectory would've been the same here. What we know is what we lost and what we got in exchange, and the results here have been nothing to feel good about.

Just the fact that we got out of paying Deron a huge contract was a big win for Utah. As for his career path, Deron started going down hill his last year in Utah. Nagging injuries to his wrist and ankle I believe, and he's never been the same player.

Utah made a great move by trading Deron when they did, and the big mistake was trying to play for an 8th seed the last two years around Millsap/Jefferson. The year of the lockout when we had GS's top 6 protected pick was the year KOC really blew it, and I have no doubt it's the main reason he stepped down when he did, and why the Millers were open to letting DL build from the ground up. This team could've been set up with picks similar to what Ainge has done in Boston, possibly even better. Utah would've been the front runner for Harden and could've drafted Lilliard(and kept him next to Harden) also. Likely the team would've been right back to making the playoffs every year.

Playing for a couple 8th seeds really set this team back for years, and we're still suffering the consequences.

Just the fact that we got out of paying Deron a huge contract was a big win for Utah. As for his career path, Deron started going down hill his last year in Utah. Nagging injuries to his wrist and ankle I believe, and he's never been the same player.

Utah made a great move by trading Deron when they did, and the big mistake was trying to play for an 8th seed the last two years around Millsap/Jefferson. The year of the lockout when we had GS's top 6 protected pick was the year KOC really blew it, and I have no doubt it's the main reason he stepped down when he did, and why the Millers were open to letting DL build from the ground up. This team could've been set up with picks similar to what Ainge has done in Boston, possibly even better. Utah would've been the front runner for Harden and could've drafted Lilliard(and kept him next to Harden) also. Likely the team would've been right back to making the playoffs every year.

Playing for a couple 8th seeds really set this team back for years, and we're still suffering the consequences.

DWill lost his game when he lost his ability to keep his drive ahead of his metabolism - right around the year he was traded.

Every team's best lineup so far in the 17-18 Season - December Edition.

Utah Jazz: A.Burks, D.Favors, J.Ingles, J.Jerebko, D.Mitchell

Jazz, what is you doing? Their three most lineups are all huge negatives. The lineup of Favors, Gobert, Rubio, Ingles, and Mitchell is especially atrocious, posting a net of -31.7 over 86 minutes and a putrid 48% True shooting. Swapping Hood in for Mitchell(their most used group) isn't much better, posting a -11.2.

And so we're forced to dig a little deeper. The chosen lineup put up an incredible 141.5 ORTG on an amazing 72% True shooting. They have just 40 minutes together, though, while the starters have all played between 80 and 110 minutes.

There is not a single positive lineup using Gobert. Hopefully they figure that out soon because you kind of need your best player.

Best Offensive Lineup in the NBA: Utah Jazz- Burks/Favors/Ingles/Jerebko/Mitchell - 141.5 ORTG

Curious as to how big the sample size of this year's roster needs to be to show that Gobert is disposable/tradable for those who **** on the OP. Dat save facing though, eh?

Curious as to how big the sample size of this year's roster needs to be to show that Gobert is disposable/tradable for those who **** on the OP. Dat save facing though, eh?
The biggest problem with trading Gobert, is that Favors is an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year. And that makes it hard to possibly lose both of your starting front court players at the same time.

I love Rudy, and really think he needs to stay.

That being said I know it's a small sample size, but with how the team is constructed now, the Jazz are playing better without him. It's just obvious. Perhaps that would have changed in another 10 games or so, but things felt off with him in there.

Still, he's such a talent that the team needs to revolve around him and Mitchell.