What's new

Rudy is DPOY for the second year in a row

So...how many Players have won the DPOY three seasons in a row?

The answer: only one, Dwight Howard.

Gobert, game on.

How is that racist? I legit don’t get the joke

Because it was in Malcom X (skinhead does it)? It’s also been used by mafia, etc. Its straight up brutality but I don’t see the racist aspect. Never underestimate the ability of humans to define inhumanity. Saw plenty of crap like this in Iraq.

Because it was in Malcom X (skinhead does it)? It’s also been used by mafia, etc. Its straight up brutality but I don’t see the racist aspect. Never underestimate the ability of humans to define inhumanity. Saw plenty of crap like this in Iraq.

Brutality sure, it’s brutal death. Just barbaric. Racist? I simply don’t get the joke.

Isn't the DPOY title somewhat overrated considering that Jazz did not even made it to the second round of the playoffs? Shouldn't the DPOY be awarded to a player who keeps the opponent's best player in single digits or at least forces a terrible shot selection and shooting pct.? Maybe i am old and eyesight is bad, but watching only the 9-10 minute highlights on the Youtube - wasn't Rudy a non-factor during the Jazz-Rockets series?

Isn't the DPOY title somewhat overrated considering that Jazz did not even made it to the second round of the playoffs? Shouldn't the DPOY be awarded to a player who keeps the opponent's best player in single digits or at least forces a terrible shot selection and shooting pct.? Maybe i am old and eyesight is bad, but watching only the 9-10 minute highlights on the Youtube - wasn't Rudy a non-factor during the Jazz-Rockets series?
Yeah you're just wrong man. Aside from that DPOY is a regular season award, Rudy was spectacular the last three games of that series, as was the Jazz defense as a whole. It was our ridiculously poor shooting that did us in.

He also got a vote for MVP!

b86qv25vkf631.jpg

Penetrating and incisive highlight analysis

He wasn’t a non-factor. We didn’t lose that series because of defense — did you watch it?

All the votes for DPOY had been cast and counted before that series began...