What's new

Rudy is DPOY for the second year in a row

I’m hoping for 18.0 ppg from Gobert this year. I’d say a little more like 18.5-19.0 but Conley’s a far better scorer than Rubio.

Maybe Conley will opt out next summer and we can reup him for 5/100. The back end will suck but the front end at ~20 will be great and free up cap space for one more legit FA target.

Maybe Conley will opt out next summer and we can reup him for 5/100. The back end will suck but the front end at ~20 will be great and free up cap space for one more legit FA target.

I think Conley's guaranteed for 20/21 as the conditions to invoke the ETO weren't met.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/utah-jazz/mike-conley-2532/

Contract Notes:
  • 2020 Early Termination
  • 2020 $22,426,383 guaranteed, becomes fully guaranteed if plays 55 games in 2018-19 or 2019-20 (@EricPincus) [Triggered now fully guaranteed, 2/9/19]

Because he cried for not getting something.

Crying for accomplishing something stems from a completely different emotion.
I guess I get that point. But I still find it silly. There is no reason to make fun of someone who tears up, its a bad look.

I assume if they did that deal it would start high and go down every year. That would make a lot more sense.

Great job Rudy! Well deserved!!

and PP _ucker, if you're 34 and look like you're 54 might want to zoom out a little on those social media pics...

I posted this elsewhere, but this is the more appropriate thread:

Woo hoo!! Way to go Rudy!! Well-earned and well-deserved.

* With a Defensive Box Plus/Minus of 5.1, Rudy led the entire NBA - ahead of Giannis (5.0), Myles Turner (4.7), and Anthony Davis (3.9).

* Rudy was 2nd in the NBA in Defensive Win Shares at 5.7 (behind only Andre Drummond at 5.9) (remarkably, Rudy was also 4th in the NBA in Offensive Win Shares -- putting him 2nd in overall Win Shares behind only James Harden and 2nd in Win Shares/48 behind only Giannis).

* With a DRtg of 100, he was also only 1 point per 100 possessions off the league's best starters (behind only Giannis, Noel, and Whiteside who each posted DRtgs of 99) (not to mention Rudy played significantly more minutes than any of them and had by far the best ORtg of all them at 133, giving him the best NetRtg of any player with starter minutes in the entire league at a whopping +33).

* Rudy was also 4th in TRB%, 6th in DRB%, 7th in ORB%, and 6th in BLK%.

I'm expecting perennial All Star/DPOY recognition for the next several years . . . .

Rudy is a very ironic situation. You don't get more old school than Rudy in the NBA nowadays but most "old school guys" don't fully appreciate him. They look at the surface level stats and don't see him as valuable as others.

Wow, this is a terrible take. Gobert was equally good even though the offense was bad. His defense was great. The Jazz have shut down Harden and Houston more than any team has ever in these playoffs.

I'm a Gobert stans, but he had 3 great games, 1 bad game (G1) and 1 meh game (G2).

Anyone see the MVP media voting anywhere I would like to see it. Kind of curious who voted for Gobert.

Giannis is definitely the MVP this year, its well deserved. I do think he ran out of energy and hit a bit of a wall against Toronto otherwise Bucks would have won it all. I think if they keep most of that team together they can and should be favorites next year. He had his worst game in the playoffs in the double OT game. I think Bucks also win the championship if they end up winning that Double OT game 3 when they were up 2-0. But they might have missed their chance. Its crazy how much one game can change things. I serious doubt Kawhi considers staying in Toronto if they dont even make it to the finals this year.

FU A. Sherrod Blakeley, Massimo Lopes Pegna, and Casey Stern who didnt vote for Gobert at all.
Shocking....Boston, New York, and another dumb douche East coaster.

It makes you appreciate some of the younger journalists coming into the game. They actually watch a lot of games, look at the clear picture of the stats and have dialogue with other basketball intelligent people. Most of the older douche nuggets probably got a tnt game or two and called it a year.

Last edited by a moderator: