What's new

Rudy not content with being "the team that's close every year."

well, i hope to see some offensive improvement from RUDY. I love his passion but he needs to get a jump hook or jump shot in his tool bag because in the playoffs dunking is more difficult.

Rudy has done his duty on defense again this year:

Lol, with everything that’s going on and the Korver trade is your biggest talking point.

Good god, do you wake up and just look for something to be pissed about...

Woke up, feel great, sunny day, Bill’s are paid, clothes clean...hmmm, birds singing, I’m employed... hmm

*************! A dog **** on my lawn.

Days a total ****ing waste! Honey! Find me a puppy to kick or a baby to punch!!!

Lmfao

Dude, you have over 37,000 messages on Jazzfanz. I would rather wake up angry everyday, than wake up and having the first thought in my head be to go to Jazzfanz and post about the ignorant voices in my head. This is of no disrespect to the other well decorated members of this site. Because most that have that many messages are contributing quality thoughts. But this dude is out of pocket. 37,000 posts of ignorance. Good for you.

Without Rubio, Rudy's dunks will be cut in half! Crowder is a ball buster on defense and does more little things to help us win than anybody else we could get for the money And he hits 3 pointers when needed most! Keep these two guys and just add a couple of dead eye shooters and we are back in business for a division title, home court advantage and advancing in the playoffs!

Unless Rubio is replaced by a point guard that is more efficient. Which I would think would be the goal for replacing him. Rubio gets eaten alive by the great point guards he defends. And seeing that the point guard is arguably the most valuable position in today's style of play, we're going nowhere with him. To hell with a division title, we need to go after the chip. Rubio struggles with Jamal Murray who struggles with Lillard. He struggles with Harden who struggles with Steph Curry. If he can't defend against B grade point guards, how the hell is he going to deal with A list? Regardless of adding other talent. You can't be successful and have a point guard that can't shoot the outside shot consistently unless he's a point forward type that is capable of driving the lane consistently and successfully creating opportunities for himself.

Rubio led our team in assists. Had to have a bunch of them for Rudy!

Assists are great, but he can't be relied on to shoot a wide open 3 and that's a huge problem! For Rubio's last 2 seasons with the Jazz, Utah's net per 100 possessions was only 0.5 points better with Rubio on the floor. Considering the 345 NBA active players that has taken as many 3's as Ricky Rubio, Rubio's effective field goal percentage ranks @ 345, dead last.

Dude, you have over 37,000 messages on Jazzfanz. I would rather wake up angry everyday, than wake up and having the first thought in my head be to go to Jazzfanz and post about the ignorant voices in my head. This is of no disrespect to the other well decorated members of this site. Because most that have that many messages are contributing quality thoughts. But this dude is out of pocket. 37,000 posts of ignorance. Good for you.

Hey guys, I’ve posted a bunch! The horror, lmfao. The inhumanity!

I love Crowder's passion and toughness (and contract) but to put things in perspective, according to Locke, he had more "wide open" 3's than any 4 in the NBA - and he shot 35% on them. You can plug A LOT of players into that slot and get equal or greater production.
Yet the Jazz are still wayyy better with him playing the 4 than Favors is. Better pay Favors tens of millions of dollars cuz that's the best we can do, darn it.

Hey guys, I’ve posted a bunch! The horror, lmfao. The inhumanity!
How dare you have a past-time you enjoy, you monster!

I only have 20k, so my life is obviously much fuller and richer than your pathetic excuse for a life.

Rudy and Donavan 100% walk. Thats my bet. You can quote me.

They both want to win. A few more years of mediocre trades and managing conservatively is going to wear on them. They are young and still full of hope right now. Wait til cynicism and the reality of the situation they are in sets in. Their good nature will turn to whats best for them. You are delusional if you think otherwise.

The only thing that saves this franchise and keeps them here is if the Jazz strike gold a 3rd time and draft a stud late in the draft, and he develops quickly. Odds of that happening? You guessed it. Slim to none.

Damien Lillard would have a word

Assists are great, but he can't be relied on to shoot a wide open 3 and that's a huge problem! For Rubio's last 2 seasons with the Jazz, Utah's net per 100 possessions was only 0.5 points better with Rubio on the floor. Considering the 345 NBA active players that has taken as many 3's as Ricky Rubio, Rubio's effective field goal percentage ranks @ 345, dead last.

Rubio is a great facilitator and hitting 3 pointers on a consistent basis is something that can and should be done with guys we need to add to our roster that would minimize the need for Rubio to even take that many of them!

Unless Rubio is replaced by a point guard that is more efficient. Which I would think would be the goal for replacing him. Rubio gets eaten alive by the great point guards he defends. And seeing that the point guard is arguably the most valuable position in today's style of play, we're going nowhere with him. To hell with a division title, we need to go after the chip. Rubio struggles with Jamal Murray who struggles with Lillard. He struggles with Harden who struggles with Steph Curry. If he can't defend against B grade point guards, how the hell is he going to deal with A list? Regardless of adding other talent. You can't be successful and have a point guard that can't shoot the outside shot consistently unless he's a point forward type that is capable of driving the lane consistently and successfully creating opportunities for himself.

Rubio is very capable of consistently driving the lane and successfully creating opportunities for his teammates, which resulted in our leading the league in dunks, as well as baskets made by pick and rolls and screens set! And who doesn't get eaten alive by Steph Curry and Lillard and Harden anyway? Despite that fact our defense is ranked in the top 10 or even top 5 from year to year and continues to improve.

From what I've seen between the Raptors and the Bucks series, the Jazz as constructed RIGHT NOW would beat either team in a 7 game series! Both teams are shooting turrible, throwing the ball all over the place and hit about 1 out of every 4 shots they take! Even thought they hit an occasional 3 pointer, the Jazz could match that.....and then triple there dunk success on these two pathetic defenses! Getting past the Rockets and GS would be our biggest challenge and we can beat either team when we play and execute properly! We add a couple 3 point shooters.....we could stay with either team in a 7 game series, especially if we had home court advantage!