What's new

Rumor: DMo to sign with Jazz if Favors misses extended time

My former most hated team, the Utah ****, stemmed from bear hugs, elbows that bloodied Matt Maloney's nose (Maloney was called for the foul BTW) and douch bags Matt Harpring and Kirilenko. A hatred I held for decades. Eventually the Mavs took that honor years later, and that hatred continued til Parsons left. This DMO fiasco has me heated. Now the **** are to blame? Whoa. The **** are number #1 again. I'm home, and it feels right. Juck the Fazz. :mad:

Dmo was my favorite player until now. I hope this clears out, because I don´t understand him.

I rooted for him because he was a good player for our organization and wanted to get better. Now, he is against our organization, and to me, with the information I have right now, it is unfair.

He is generating issues for him, the team and the FO. Don´t like buddy, I respect you are fighting for what you think is right, but this organization has to show its power.

Cant wait til we get Dmo tbh.

Voted the 1st option, not because I want him as a Rocket, but now because I don't want him playing anywhere else in the NBA EVER again.
Someone please call Trump and deport his *** back to eastern Europe.

if it wasn't screwing our salary cap situation, it would be epic just for the laughs we can get from clutchfans, but yah... I think we have to spend our money more wisely.

He could be a great trade piece though, especially if we get some partially guaranteed years on it.

But why would Houston ever let Donatas be a RFA again this year? If he doesnt show up they can just fine him all his game checks and let him stay home without having to pay him a dime. Especially since they know we want him.

His contract would still count against cap and tax. So Houston could have a huge problem.
I think staying away from the physical checkup is probably either a gesture so they have to set it up more often and to voice his frustration in the media or the standard contract doesn't clearly specify that having participated in a checkup is a condition to be cleared to play. If it's the latter he could just show up to practice and game nights and couldn't get fined a $.

His contract would still count against cap and tax. So Houston could have a huge problem.
I think staying away from the physical checkup is probably either a gesture so they have to set it up more often and to voice his frustration in the media or the standard contract doesn't clearly specify that having participated in a checkup is a condition to be cleared to play. If it's the latter he could just show up to practice and game nights and couldn't get fined a $.

https://cbafaq.com/blog/?p=381

Pretty sure your theory is wrong. Houston can sit tight and just let Dmo **** himself if they so choose.

Come here Dmo.

We might trade yo *** in a year, but come here anyways

Here we go with some calculations:

Utah has 13.65M in capspace. They can use this money to either give R&E to one or both(more likely one) of Hill and Favors or they can give some part of it to DMo.

Here's the cap situation in case we want to sign DMo(read in clutchfans they are floating 23M for 2 seasons guaranteed number. lets say it's true and the Jazz want to give him 12M in first year and 11M in the second year).

Contracts for 2017-2018:
Derrick Favors : 12M
Joe Johnson: 10.5M
Alec Burks: 11M
Dante Exum: 5M
Trey Lyles: 2.5M
Rudy Gobert: 21M
Rodney Hood: 2.5M
DMo - 11M
------------------------------
75.5M

That's WITHOUT Hayward (possibly around 28M) and Hill(Lets say 20M) and that is without Diaw(7.5 non-guaranteed, Neto 1M non-guaranteed, Joel Bolomboy 1M non-guaranteed, Joe Ingles 2.6M QO, 2 first round picks of about 1M each). I'm not including ANY of them.

If we want to keep Hayward and Hill we would be at 123.5M with 6 more roster spots to fill(or at least 6 more million in salary cap to fill). This would be way over the luxury tax(currently projected at around 122M). This is not happening! The Jazz won't choose DMo over any of our key players(Hill, Hayward, Favors). It just makes no sense at all.

The other option is to give him just 1 year deal, but then again... why would we choose that instead of relieving the money crunch we will have in 2018 by frontloading either Hill or Favors contract? Why would anybody choose 1 year of DMo(whose condition we don't know anything about), over making it much easier to keep our core long-term? Again, it makes no sense.

Last edited:
So the reports are DMo and his agent are mad because Houston hasnt agreed to the 6 million incentives that were on the Brooklyn deal. Seems that incentives dont have to be agreed to when you match a deal. It seems like BJ Armstrong is just an awful agent.

I was hoping we'd go after him this off-season if possible so I'm all for it. He just adds another competent player to an already very good roster. That can only be a good thing in my opinion.

https://cbafaq.com/blog/?p=381

Pretty sure your theory is wrong. Houston can sit tight and just let Dmo **** himself if they so choose.

So either his agent doesn't know what's up or was very sure Houston wouldn't match and took the risk with incentives anyways. Right now it looks then like they're trying to bend Houstonso they include incentives or play a waiting game in hopes that they void the sheet and let him return to RFA where they can work out another sheet with Brooklyn that's less likely to get matched.

So the reports are DMo and his agent are mad because Houston hasnt agreed to the 6 million incentives that were on the Brooklyn deal. Seems that incentives dont have to be agreed to when you match a deal. It seems like BJ Armstrong is just an awful agent.

Unless things have changed very recently, this is just wrong. When a team matches a deal for a RFA, it is literally the exact same deal.

edit: but I haven't been following this. If it wasn't a RFA match, then anything's possible.

Not when it comes to incentives.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

Think about how unique incentives could be. If Utah signed a RFA and put in something about reporting to P3 during the offseason, but the player we signed got matched by their original team. What if that team doesnt use P3? It's not like they are going to pay him to go use to a place they dont work with.

Why is this still a discussion? Dude signed a contract already, which was matched by Houston. Dmo and his agent don't have a leg to stand on. Tough ****, you can't sign a contract and then decide you don't like the details afterwards. That's the agent's job to figure out BEFORE you sign. BJ Armstrong sounds like he doesn't know what the hell he's doing, but that isn't going to get Dmo out of his situation. No matter what anyone thinks of Houston's management, nobody twisted Dmo's arm and made him sign a contract he knew could be matched. Suck it up and play basketball, moron.