What's new

Rumor: Warriors have interest in trading for Ingles if made available by the jazz.

Oubre is still very noticeably unaccounted for.

What about a sign-and-trade of Oubre and Mooses Muddy for Bogey?

Is that possible? Or does being over the apron prohibited that?
I don’t believe teams over the apron can receive players in a sign and trade. Someone that actually knows should chime in.

Oubre is still very noticeably unaccounted for.

What about a sign-and-trade of Oubre and Mooses Muddy for Bogey?

Is that possible? Or does being over the apron prohibit that?

If that’s possible, I’d do that deal even if we are throwing in future seconds.

I'm not an Oubre fan at all. I just don't think he's very good to be honest. He's an empty calories type of player, he gets stats but I don't think he helps you win games.

The more everybody talks about this trade the more unlikely it seems
Jazz need Joe to make their run even if he is maybe 75%
Jazz give Warriors their missing piece and give them the better chance to win
Joe would have to agree to an extension but he's 33 and slowing down a slight bit
Warriors may not want to do that
Jazz with their core and adding Gay, Butler and a couple more players still have a great team

For those of you not convinced yet... let's do it this way:

Pre-Draft trade:

Jazz swap Joe Ingles for the 14th pick, Paschall, and Looney. Jazz draft a 3&D wing prospect that probably should have gone in the top 10. Kendrick Perkins sees he is going to the Jazz and can't pronounce his name. That would make perfect sense.

I think we all would have been super bummed to lose Joe, but excited about a top 10 prospect who slipped a bit (Moody) and a top 20 prospect who fell (Butler) and a young stretch 4 (Paschall) plus a back up center with playoff experience (Looney) plus 2 second round draft picks being the result of the draft both coming to the Jazz. Kooooooolaid!

Maybe it’s because I’m looking for it, but things sure seem pretty quiet on the Golden State, Detroit, and Cleveland fronts (all teams rumored to be interested in Ingles)

And we haven’t exactly been eagerly filling roster spots with minimum guys yet, suggesting maybe we may need roster spots for players received in a trade.

And Niang is still hanging around, suggesting maybe he’s included in a sign and trade.

Maybe paranoia, but something seems to be going on. Again, could just be that negotiations take time and teams are just waiting for other dominoes to fall.

Last edited:
We can’t take anyone in a sign and trade. Trading Bogey means we’d have to add Clarkson or Ingles and take back Wiggins too.

There are legit only two ways to do this deal:

Ingles and picks for Moody/Paschall/Looney

or

Golden St finds a 3rd team to sign and trade Oubre to who sends them back picks and/or player(s) while getting Ingles from us and sending Moody and Paschall to us.

Both of these deals are great. We are looking for a backup 5 so Looney makes sense there. Or we just take 7.7M salary cap savings in return.

We can’t take anyone in a sign and trade. Trading Bogey means we’d have to add Clarkson or Ingles and take back Wiggins too.

or

Golden St finds a 3rd team to sign and trade Oubre to who sends them back picks and/or player(s) while getting Ingles from us and sending Moody and Paschall to us.

Both of these deals are great. We are looking for a backup 5 so Looney makes sense there. Or we just take a 7.7M salary cap savings in return.
Does Oubre fit in Detroit? Things have been quiet with them.

or

Both of these deals are great. We are looking for a backup 5 so Looney makes sense there. Or we just take a 7.7M salary cap savings in return.
Could we do option 2 with Bogey if Oubre’s outgoing salary mirrors Bogey’s and GSW wants Bogey? That’s my preference.

He was terrific offensively in the Clippers series. We ran him into the ground the last few weeks of the season because Don and Mike were both hurt and he was our only ballhandler. That won't happen now that we added Butler to the roster.
Was it because he was run into the ground to compensate for injuries to our team? I’m actually unsure. If there’s question on whether he has enough in the tank to play at this level anymore, I’d strongly consider this trade. I love Jingles and his Manu Ginobli like ability to come off the bench and run the offense. I hope to see him retire a jazzman. But I’d be real interested to know how much he has left in the tank. How’s he looking in the olympics? I haven’t been paying attention.

Jingles will be 34 this fall. He’s not THAT old. You’d think he’d have another good year or two left before retiring. Right?

I’d much rather trade bogey than jingles if Jingles can still create off the dribble for 15-20 mins a night. We need to start using him smarter though. Need to play Hughes and Butler thisnyear. No more thibbs like rotations.