What's new

Rumor: Warriors have interest in trading for Ingles if made available by the jazz.

Thee Idiotic Minivan K

The suggested trade in the article is Pascal, Looney, and Moses Moody. Not sure if that offer is rumored or probably the writers opinion.?

Thoughts? I don’t really want to trade him though, and doubt the jazz would make him available.

The suggested trade in the article is Pascal, Looney, and Moses Moody. Not sure if that offer is rumored or probably the writers opinion.?

Thoughts? I don’t really want to trade him though, and doubt the jazz would make him available.
Hate. I want to add some minimum dudes around what we have and re-evaluate at the deadline.

James Ennis would be a dream minimum guy right now. If we are swapping out Niang and Favors for Butler, Gay, and Ennis, I think we got better and should see what happens.

We need to stop kidding ourselves if they offered Moody in a deal for Ingles we’d be stupid not to take it. They won’t so no need to talk about it. It’s definitely just speculation I threw out that exact trade on here yesterday because it works salary wise.

If the Jazz like Moody at all (I don't know if they do; I was a little less impressed yesterday when I watched him a bit than I expected to be), they'd have to be silly not to give a Looney, Moody, Paschall trade serious consideration. Not saying they'd pull the trigger. But that's exactly the kind of depth we could use and gives us a good prospect in the pipeline. Joe might simply walk away next year.

Haha if thats even a real deal, you have to do that.

Half the dudes saying no to trading Joe are the same guys killing the front office for being homers, bidding against ourselves and not being focused on winning primarily.

I like Joe. More so his personality. But I would make that trade in 1 second. Guys........come on.

We need to stop kidding ourselves if they offered Moody in a deal for Ingles we’d be stupid not to take it. They won’t so no need to talk about it. It’s definitely just speculation I threw out that exact trade on here yesterday because it works salary wise.
Besides his being a lottery pick, can someone tell me why it would be a good move to add yet another guard in Moody? Especially at the cost of Ingles?

When would he play while we have Clarkson, Mitchell, and Conley?

I’m not being dismissive, I just don’t get it.

I don't think Moody's a guard. I think he's a SF. He's not ideally sized for that, but he's good enough with his length and I think he'll be able to guard that position.

I have zero interest in any of the packages that have been suggested.
You wouldn't take Moses Moody AND Eric Paschall for Ingles? You realize that we'd be getting a guy who was AR1T two years ago and a guy was drafted in the lotto, right? That could wind up becoming of the most lopsided trades in league history if Paschall and Moody pan out.

You wouldn't take Moses Moody AND Eric Paschall for Ingles? You realize that we'd be getting a guy who was AR1T two years ago and a guy was drafted in the lotto, right? That could wind up becoming of the most lopsided trades in league history if Paschall and Moody pan out.
Paschall doesn't seem to fill a need and neither does Moody. Moody wouldn't play much if at all while we're chasing a title.
I don't get trading Ingles for a rookie guard that will have to fight Mitchell, Conley, and Clarkson for playing time, no. It doesn't
really make sense to me going forward either for that same reason, except that he's a lottery pick.

I can be persuaded but I honestly don't understand why everyone is so hot for it.

I think people see Moody as more of a wing than a guard, but he’s kind of a tweener. Definitely a versatile player. I understand people liking a lotto pick for an aging player, but it does not seem like a “win now” move, so I understand that angle too.

It’s a lopsided deal in our favor in the long run, but one that doesn’t make a ton of sense for us if we’re in “win now” mode.

If Moody is involved, I think you have to do it, but I wouldn’t really like it if the idea is to compete for a title the next three years.

If the idea is to kinda maybe contend but a build another youngish core that can step in around Don if we pivot next offseason, I get it. Moody, Butler, and Paschall could all be usable pieces of a new core in 3 years.

Last edited:
Makes zero sense. Moody is 19 years old so he's unlikely to contribute right away to a win now team and Ingles is better than Paschall. This is a long term move looking to the future. If the goal is go all in for a championship then they should keep Joe. Also, why the hell would we help make a western conference team so much better? Can you imagine a lineup of Curry/Thompson/Ingles/Wiggins/Green? Plus they added Porter and BJelly and still have their TPMLE to use. They would be insane offensively.

Last edited:
I think people see Moody as more of a wing than a guard, but he’s kind of a tweener. Definitely a versatile player. I understand people liking a lotto pick for an aging player, but it does not seem like a “win now” move, so I understand that angle too.

It’s a lopsided deal in our favor in the long run, but one that doesn’t make a ton of sense for us if we’re in “win now” mode.

If Moody is involved, I think you have to do it, but I wouldn’t really like it if the idea is to compete for a title the next three years.

If the idea is to kinda maybe contend but a build another youngish core that can step in around Don if we pivot next offseason, I get it. Moody, Butler, and Paschall could all be usable pieces of a new core in 3 years.
He's got a ****ing 7'1 wingspan and a 8'9 standing reach while being 211 lbs at a 19 year old (born in May, so a pretty young 19 year old at that).

He's not a tweener jesus christ. Look up some basic information before you spout garbage.

I think the fact that there is such a good debate about this suggests there’s merit to the idea.

If Moody can play SF and he can pop this year, then I can be swung back to doing it.

As of right now, trading Joe or Bojan for picks or prospects is trading a chance at a championship for a re-tooling. If the Jazz’s hand were forced by totally striking out in free agency (and the draft), then I’d say it’s time for re-tooling, but that’s not how it’s played out.

Joe is so, so important to this team and unique in this league. The Jazz should only consider a trade if they’re getting bulled over with a crazy offer and that’s what this package kinda looks like.