What's new

Russell Westbrook just landed in Utah

If the front office didn't want Conley, JC, KO, Vando, Beasley to play, then they shouldn't have been on the team. A 35yo 1st year coach that comes in and benches Conley & JC is going to lose the locker room in a heartbeat and probably his job soon enough.

And saying that anyone with the Jazz was thinking in October that Kessler and Ochai should be playing major minutes immediately has a serious case of hindsight.

IF (major IF) Westbrook should ever suit up for the Jazz, he's doing it knowing what role and minutes are available to him. Unlike all the vets that were shipped out, all of whom had all the reason to expect major roles and starting spots.

And sure, Sexton could've played 3 minutes per game more and Mike 3 less, but that's neither here nor there.
Agree to disagree. I was calling for more kessler minutes and less KO minutes, more ochai minutes and less gay minutes and more sexton minutes and less conley minutes from the get go. No hindsight involved. Its obvious this is a throw away tank season. People might not have thought that when the season started but Ainge literally just made a trade with the intention to get worse and lose more and to force hardy to give ochai, kessler and sexton (maybe tht and Dok too) more minutes.

Agree to disagree. I was calling for more kessler minutes and less KO minutes, more ochai minutes and less gay minutes and more sexton minutes and less conley minutes from the get go. No hindsight involved. Its obvious this is a throw away tank season. People might not have thought that when the season started but Ainge literally just made a trade with the intention to get worse and lose more and to force hardy to give ochai, kessler and sexton (maybe tht and Dok too) more minutes.
I agree with fish. There were a lot of people from the get go who wanted to play the young guys and see what we have. It was always going to be a rebuilding season and we need to fully evaluate what young talent will be part of the team going forward..

I agree with fish. There were a lot of people from the get go who wanted to play the young guys and see what we have. It was always going to be a rebuilding season and we need to fully evaluate what young talent will be part of the team going forward..
That would have been a coaching tank, not FO tank. Dont forget Hardy is also being evaluated for the future.

Collusion, anyone?
I think it’s tampering, not collusion. Collusion would be if the management of multiple clubs were working together to achieve something like this.

I personally think that the NBA needs to beef up their tampering rules so that players have to be careful about what they say as well. If their team risked losing significant draft assets (which should go to the team being tampered with) I think they’d crack down on their players saying stuff like this.

That would have been a coaching tank, not FO tank. Dont forget Hardy is also being evaluated for the future.
Its not a coaching tank to play conley 23 minutes rather than 33. Same with KO. Everyone would understand if Gay never played. Rest on back to backs. Its not hard really imo.
Especially considering that Gay has sucked, Kessler has been better than KO and Sexton is just about sixes with Conley. Hell, we might have won MORE games if he did what I thought he should lol.

Its not a coaching tank to play conley 23 minutes rather than 33. Same with KO. Everyone would understand if Gay never played. Rest on back to backs. Its not hard really imo.
Especially considering that Gay has sucked, Kessler has been better than KO and Sexton is just about sixes with Conley. Hell, we might have won MORE games if he did what I thought he should lol.
But you said in the previous post that this was an obvious tanking year and we should have played the youth more due to that.

How is that not a coaching tank?

But you said in the previous post that this was an obvious tanking year and we should have played the youth more due to that.

How is that not a coaching tank?
Because we would still be winning? I mean were we tanking to start the season? I would say no. So if we played some old dudes less and young dudes more and won more than expected then that wouldn't be tank at all imo. Just the right move for the franchise.

Because we would still be winning? I mean were we tanking to start the season? I would say no. So if we played some old dudes less and young dudes more and won more than expected then that wouldn't be tank at all imo. Just the right move for the franchise.
I understand. Im pretty sure Hardy played the guys who he felt gave us the best chance to win.. regardless of age. And its hard to argue those early season choices with the start we had.

It's a shame that we take his contract giving Conley, Vander, Beastley, picks for potencial 2nd rounder from Lakers. Worst trade ever.