What's new

Russell Westbrook just landed in Utah

His track record is he is a prickly *******... Dave Mcmenamin is not some TMZ guy lol. Believe what you want... the Jazz are not even considering this.
Bro they have expedited orders on free Russ posters for the first 5k fans at Viv. Ryan is finishing the paperwork to make him mayor of SLC for ASW.

I’m interested in seeing if he gives any money back on his deal outside of the usual vet minimum.
So is Ryan. lol

Sometimes those things aren't released sadly. I would really like to let Rudy Gay explore the market too. I think if he won't accept a buyout they should send him home.

Bro they have expedited orders on free Russ posters for the first 5k fans at Viv. Ryan is finishing the paperwork to make him mayor of SLC for ASW.
Nah... Ryan is negotiating that Russ has to come hang out with him for a weekend and play pickup with his friends and go golfing... and then he will give him the full amount of his contract... Russ has countered with a 5 minute zoom call where they both do crazy dances... stay tuned.

even if russ dont play there's no guarantee Lauri will stay. the state of the jazz in the next 2 years isn't appealing
After getting rid of Mike Conley and without having even passable PG ( Sexton is not PG and neither is Clarkson ) to replace Conley
staying to current losing Utah Jazz for 2 remaing years is basically career suicide for Lauri.

Jazz has made very clear that winning and playoffs aren't priority for at least 3-5 years so why Lauri should stay after this season.
That current contract what Lauri has now is easy to trade for future assets.

Lauri will not make all NBA teams or future allstar games on losing Utah Jazz team.
Not to mention that his chances to win even MIP award this season have got hit after Conley's trade.
Anthony Edwards, De-Aron Fox and Shai Gilgeous Alexander are also allstars now and eveyone has career year going on.

That will mean Lauri is not number 1 favorite anymore to MIP award.
If team success and teams regular season record turn more important priority to MIP award that personal stats
i can see MIP award going to Fox or Edwards Sacramento Kings is TOP6 team in western conference so Fox is challenging Lauri and SGA in MIP award competition.

Edwards isn't also out and if / when even Minnesota makes to playoff then candidates to MIP award are Fox, Edwards, Lauri and SGA.
It wasn't Utah Jazz who made Lauri on allstar it was Lauri himself Jazz only pays Lauri's salary but personally Lauri hasn't nothing to owe for Utah Jazz or Will Hardy or Danny Ainge.
Lauri is now allstar so his value in trade market is high now and there are for sure some teams who might even trade for Lauri if he comes available this off season or some draft night trade.

Lauri is not 22 yrs old he's in few months 26 yrs old and coming to his prime years.
There's no sense to stay in Utah in this situation Lauri's career goals ( playoffs and NBA championship title ) DO NOT FIT Jazz plans anymore.
Jazz is now tanking team which-ones team goals are 5-7 years away so why Lauri should stay.

Jazz isn't this situation TOP10 or evenTOP15 landing spot for star / allstar level UFA free-agents.
Only free agents what Jazz might get are guys like Garret Temple, Simone Fontecchio, Coby White, etc guys who aren't even close NBA allstar level.
Rebuilding trough of NBA draft is not easy task and takes time several years.

These are brutal facts of Jazz current situation.
Hopefully Lauri and his agent and inner circle takes serious evaluation after this season which will lead trading Lauri Markkanen to playofff team.
There's no sense Jazz are holding Lauri away of his career goals so it is time to say goodbye for The Finnisher before summer 2025.

Oh I don't think the Jazz are truly considering it. Doesn't change the fact that I would think it would be fun.

His track record is that the players repeatedly come out for him and vouch for him and praise him for the impact they've had on his career.
I don't think he got along with Reggie Jackson. the reason the locker room got toxic is this is the first year the coach and org hasn't just bent to his will. I imagine it will be real fun for Westbrook to be out there doing whatever the **** he wants while Collin gets yanked from the game and gets another tongue lashing from Hardy. Its just not my kinda fun

After getting rid of Mike Conley and without having even passable PG ( Sexton is not PG and neither is Clarkson ) to replace Conley
staying to current losing Utah Jazz for 2 remaing years is basically career suicide for Lauri.

Jazz has made very clear that winning and playoffs aren't priority for at least 3-5 years so why Lauri should stay after this season.

Lauri will not make all NBA teams or future allstar games on losing Utah Jazz team.
Not to mention that his chances to win even MIP award this season have got hit after Conley's trade.
Anthony Edwards, De-Aron Fox and Shai Gilgeous Alexander are also allstars now and eveyone has career year going on.

If team success and teams regular season record turn more important priority to MIP award that personal stats
i can see MIP award going to Fox or Edwards Sacramento Kings is TOP6 team in western conference so Fox is challenging Lauri and SGA in MIP award competition.

Edwards isn't also out and if / when even Minnesota makes to playoff then candidates to MIP award are Fox, Edwards, Lauri and SGA.
It wasn't Utah Jazz who made Lauri on allstar it was Lauri himself Jazz only pays Lauri's salary but personally Lauri hasn't nothing to owe for Utah Jazz or Will Hardy or Danny Ainge.
Lauri is now allstar so his value in trade market is high now and there are for sure some teams who might even trade for Lauri if he comes available this off season or some draft night trade.

Lauri is not 22 yrs old he's in few months 26 yrs old and coming to his prime years.
There's no sense to stay in Utah in this situation Lauri's career goals ( playoffs and NBA championship title ) DO NOT FIT Jazz plans anymore.
Jazz is now tanking team which-ones team goals are 5-7 years away so why Lauri should stay.

Jazz isn't this situation TOP10 or evenTOP15 landing spot for star / allstar level UFA free-agents.
Only free agents what Jazz might get are guys like Garret Temple, Simone Fontecchio, Coby White, etc guys who aren't even close NBA allstar level.

Hopefully Lauri and his agent and inner circle takes serious evaluation after this season which will lead trading Lauri Markkanen to playofff team.
There's no sense Jazz are holding Lauri away of his career goals so it is time to say goodbye for The Finnisher before summer 2025.
I didn't like the trade but the Jazz can dive into win-now mode at any time they want with all of their assets they can trade, especially considering the current market value of 1st rounders.

They're not going to just sit on those assets and waste Lauri's prime.

I don't think he got along with Reggie Jackson. the reason the locker room got toxic is this is the first year the coach and org hasn't just bent to his will. I imagine it will be real fun for Westbrook to be out there doing whatever the **** he wants while Collin gets yanked from the game and gets another tongue lashing from Hardy. Its just not my kinda fun

You know what, Reggie Jackson whining about not starting over WB when WB was one of the best players in the world does change my opinion this. Steven Adams, Bradley Beal, Lonnie Walker, Avdija, Rui and others were just lying. RWB is truly a vampire out to suck blood.

And it also should be said that RWB also prevents Collin Sexton from getting that crack cocaine dose of starting minutes.

You're very dramatic.

You know what, Reggie Jackson whining about not starting over WB when WB was one of the best players in the world does change my opinion this. Steven Adams, Bradley Beal, Lonnie Walker, Avdija, Rui and others were just lying. RWB is truly a vampire out to suck blood.
I'm probably wrong on his relationship with other players. I do think the side show that would accompany bringing him in wouldn't create a big distraction that would not be productive. I just see like a .0000001% chance of him playing 1 minute as a jazz man.

And it also should be said that RWB also prevents Collin Sexton from getting that crack cocaine dose of starting minutes.
He deserves the shot. He has worked hard... he's been coached hard... we need to see it anyway.

The Utah Jazz should not see or treat itself in a different manner than any other franchise, otherwise they're hurting, diminishing themselves.
Keep it simple. Westbrook is under contract and he should play and do anything in his power to be true to his contract. The same is valid for the Jazz as an organization.
I'm sure Westbrook understand it. I'm not sure Smith understand it, hope I'm wrong.
You just cannot kill the very foundation of what your a part of. Not Westbrook and not the Jazz.
If the player does not want to be a Jazzman just let for him and his camp to state it clearly.
Otherwise, the show just must go on.

Last edited:
I didn't like the trade but the Jazz can dive into win-now mode at any time they want with all of their assets they can trade, especially considering the current market value of 1st rounders.

They're not going to just sit on those assets and waste Lauri's prime.

You seem put much value for 1st round picks and that's totally fine.
But even you cannot know that how much the value of draft pick changes during the next 3-5 yrs.
If that Lakers future 1st round pick ( 2027 ) is TOP4 or TOP5 protected lottery pick and Lakers sucks Jazz probably won't get it and if they get then it could be 2nd round pick.

I get that Danny Ainge is long-time and experienced NBA excecutive who knows his job.
That what i wrote earlier of Lauri's staying to Utah is my own speculation and it is pure fantasy which is not based any reality.
We don't know yet how well Lauri plays FIBA world cup later this year so there is absolutely possibility for that Lauri will have as good FIBA world cup what 2022 Eurobasket was for him.

And it is absolutely possible Danny Ainge wants to see that can Lauri play another allstar caliber year before Jazz are going extend Lauri or trade him for future assets.
There are so many possibilites and moving pieces so it is kinda impossible to exactly know what's going to happen and when.

And that's why speculating with different scenarios is so fun.