What's new

Sap on the block

Jazz4ever

Marc Stein
ESPN Senior Writer

Story posting soon with @WindhorstESPN: ESPN sources say the Hawks have begun listening to trade offers for free agent-to-be Paul Millsap

If we are trading Favors I'd rather have assets with long-term control potential, not a half year rental.

Lol. There's a reason he's on the block. They can keep him. Unless they'll go straight up for Mack and whatever else to make salaries work. But nobody who's good at playing basketball.

Give them Joe Johnson back he can finish his career there and throw them a first round pick. He is a half year rental and I am not sure he is going to put us over the top, not sure why we would give up much of anything. I guess if the team thinks Favors will never be healthy again I would trade him otherwise trading Favors for a lesser player that is half year rental is a really dumb trade.

Give them Joe Johnson back he can finish his career there and throw them a first round pick. He is a half year rental and I am not sure he is going to put us over the top, not sure why we would give up much of anything. I guess if the team thinks Favors will never be healthy again I would trade him otherwise trading Favors for a lesser player that is half year rental is a really dumb trade.

I dunno if it'll be a half year rental. Millsap started his career here, maybe he would like it if he can finish it here with a chance at winning the ring as well.

Millsap & Gobert is a DREAM combo in today's NBA.

Without long term commitment, I wouldn't give a single asset. With long term commitment, I still don't want him. He's going to want to be paid big, as it is his last large contract. We already have problems figuring out how to pay the players we have. Whose salary do you want to shed to afford Millsap? Favors? Get the **** out of here! Millsap is too old, and Favors is already at least as good when healthy.

I dunno if it'll be a half year rental. Millsap started his career here, maybe he would like it if he can finish it here with a chance at winning the ring as well.

Not sure about "dream" combo. Sap's three point range has severely diminished these last two years. They probably thought Howard/Sap would be a dream combo and hasn't worked out that way. Howard is beasting this year also.

Not sure about "dream" combo. Sap's three point range has severely diminished these last two years. They probably thought Howard/Sap would be a dream combo and hasn't worked out that way. Howard is beasting this year also.

I dunno about that comparison. Howard's a ball stopper ala Al Jef, ... Gobert's a willing passer.

The dream combo is Favors and Gobert, they are close to the same age and we know they play very well together and fit our identity. We also cant afford to pay Millsap enough to keep him here unless you want to give up Hayward and/or Hill next off season.

Millsap is shooting 30% from three right now and only 44% from the field. He is not really a good fit or a need.

The dream combo is Favors and Gobert, they are close to the same age and we know they play very well together and fit our identity. We also cant afford to pay Millsap enough to keep him here unless you want to give up Hayward and/or Hill next off season.

Millsap is shooting 30% from three right now and only 44% from the field. He is not really a good fit or a need.

I just hope, in the scenario Favors returns to form and starts playing great, he actually lets them finish games together.

Favors has been missing his mid range shots quite a bit the last few games I watched him.

Also he doesn't have the 3 point shot or even a long range 2 ala Aldridge required in today's NBA for a PF.