What's new

Sap on the block

I wouldn't deal any of the long term pieces just because of the cap situation he'd put us in. But he's still a damn good player, best on the Hawks, and one of the best defenders in the NBA. TOR is the one I want to see, just to see a real top tier challenge to the Cavs in the east. Poeltl/picks/decent salary matching players might get it done, not sure.

Heard Korver/Thabo were on the block too, could definitely help a bunch of teams as well.

Favors has been missing his mid range shots quite a bit the last few games I watched him.

Also he doesn't have the 3 point shot or even a long range 2 ala Aldridge required in today's NBA for a PF.

Favors is no where near full strength still. If he isnt going to get healthy this season or next then we have an issue. Still they are putting up great numbers when they are both playing. We dont need a PF to be a shooter to be good. There is no requirment in today's NBA that a PF needs to hit 3s or long 2s. Some teams have had success with that and teams try and copy but that does not mean other things will not work. The Jazz are proof of that, we are not GS and we are not building like them. We are after long athletic players that can switch and be versatile. Favors is better all around then Millsap when healthy. We just need him to be healthy.