What's new

Say Goodbye to Victor Wem if we continue to play this good.

old-school-keep-our-composure.gif

Oh, we're going to be decent.

We have a lot of talent, whether you want to believe it or not. Off the bench we have two 20 ppg guys who will give second units nightmares. Both are in the physical prime of their career. Most teams in the NBA are lucky to have their sixth man give you 15 points a night. Too much depth on this team, and if Will Hardy has the balls to do it Walker Kessler will be the starting Center soon, and Olynyk will serve better as the backup big.

It almost seems as if Ainge wanted to build his own playoff team. We have too many weapons. Too many guys that can score 20 points on any given night. Previous Jazz squads if the starting unit was off our bench wasn't capable of handling the scoring load. Now we have Sexton, Beasley, Kessler, THT, and Gay (when he's on fire he's valuable) can come off the bench and give us a spark.

It amazes me that Ainge got two 20 ppg players in their prime for Don. We're blessed to have him running the team. No more of the KOC's and Dennis Lindseys who are scared to make a move.

We have a lot of talent, whether you want to believe it or not. Off the bench we have two 20 ppg guys who will give second units nightmares. Both are in the physical prime of their career. Most teams in the NBA are lucky to have their sixth man give you 15 points a night. Too much depth on this team, and if Will Hardy has the balls to do it Walker Kessler will be the starting Center soon, and Olynyk will serve better as the backup big.

It almost seems as if Ainge wanted to build his own playoff team. We have too many weapons. Too many guys that can score 20 points on any given night. Previous Jazz squads if the starting unit was off our bench wasn't capable of handling the scoring load. Now we have Sexton, Beasley, Kessler, THT, and Gay (when he's on fire he's valuable) can come off the bench and give us a spark.

It amazes me that Ainge got two 20 ppg players in their prime for Don. We're blessed to have him running the team. No more of the KOC's and Dennis Lindseys who are scared to make a move.

We need to trade more guys for nothing.

I’ve said this all along. Conley is a good player. Sexton and Clarkson can score. Up front we are tough. We need to dump Conley asap as he gives us the only guy who can truly run an offense. Dump him and Beasley for Westbrick (and buy him out) like a million people have said and let Sexton and Clarkson start and take dumb shots all night.

And acquiring Olynyk made no sense. Start Kessler and play him and Dok.

Christ, hire Corbin back for a year if you need to.

Last edited:
I’ve said this all along. Conley is a good player. Sexton and Clarkson can score. Up front we are tough. We need to dump Conley asap as he gives us the only guy who can truly run an offense. Dump him and Beasley for Westbrick (and buy him out) like a million people have said and let Sexton and Clarkson start and take dumb shots all night.

Hahaha I couldn't stand Corbin being our coach for another second.

As from the last night my official line of self mind propaganda is that Wemby's going to be an injury prone bust. F the tank!

I wouldn't put much stock in one game where our leading scorer did his best impersonation of his moniker, stalled the offense for five seconds, and ran right into the heart of the defense (awesome as hell though it was). We will blow this year. That said, it was cool to see that we have some parts to build around last night.

The new lottery odds really do flatten things out. As HH has mentioned, the more punishing drop may be that you drop from guaranteed top 4 to 6-7 (although the outcomes in this range aren’t too different) But it’s really just a 4% difference in getting Wemby. You need luck and you want the best chances, but as others have said it’s extremely unlikely we got Vic no matter what our record is. It’s miserable to pray for losses.

Players and coaches don't care about tanking. They want to win. It's management's job to make the team worse..but to do it for an improved 14% chance..idk. Ainge wants to win each trade so we may get talent back if we try to trade Conley.

Too late. We're gonna blow the one chance to get potentially the GREATEST nba prospect of all time. Lmao. Just so we can fill some seats!!

We don't need Victor, this team is going to go 82-0 and win the NBA championship. I'm heading down to reserve my seat on State Street for the championship parade...WHOSE WITH ME!!!

If Jazz don't tank this year they should have kept Gobert and retool around him.

Our next 3-5 year ceiling will be lower than a 2nd round playoff run if we don't find a way to tank right. What a mess

If Jazz don't tank this year they should have kept Gobert and retool around him.

Our next 3-5 year ceiling will be lower than a 2nd round playoff run if we don't find a way to tank right. What a mess
Just wait until Dok gets healthy. Everyone will forget Gobert.

This...

It sucks I can't appreciate smashing the Nuggets more. The team played really well and has some dudes who could be fun to watch develop. But I just can't get excited about 'overachieve for 40 wins and bad lotto odds'.

If we could have kept Rudy and built a fun team like this around him, I could get behind that. But this is like purgatory. It's one game, and a long way to go. But the team seems both way too good, and not nearly good enough.

Agreed, but I would just let Westbrick play. Make him the tank commander of the worst team in the league, in a place he desperately hates. Would make me happy to see that.