What's new

Schedule released

Considering what our PG rotation was for the first 2 weeks last year I can't see how we wouldn't improve. Plus this schedule doesn't seem to be quite the gauntlet that the first 15 were last year, IIRC.

I don't know about that. The Suns, Cavs, Pistons, Pelicans and Knicks are the only five teams we play during this stretch who didn't make the playoffs last year. Considering the Cavs are a clear playoff team this year and the Suns were well over .500 last year, that's like facing 14 playoff caliber teams and 3 non-playoff caliber teams. Then, when you consider SVG is the new Pistons coach and should have them much improved (given their talent), and the Knicks have an elite player and made the playoffs two years ago and should be improved imo, AND the Pelicans have the one player most of us would covet maybe more than any other 21 and younger, and this stretch looks absolutely God awful.

I'd love to start 2-15 but lose a ton of close (4 points or less) games early, slowly starting to win some from there, to finish with just a little bit better record than last year. 28-54 or something like that.

This schedule is brutal, but I think analyzing it to fine our wins and losses is futile. With such a young team, anything is possible. While we are young and stupid, we are also an uber talented pile of clay. If a couple of our players break out this year, there is no telling what we can accomplish.

I'm not going to put a number on our wins. I am hoping we are the Cinderella story. I really like the cast we've assembled, and would rather pray for their speedy development than another lottery pick.

Our games last season till the first win
Vs OKC (close game Hayward almost hit a 27 feet 3 to force OT)
@ Phoenix (Bledsoe game winner)
Vs Houston (double digit lead gone)
@ Brooklyn
@ Boston
@ Chicago + Rose
@ Toronto
Vs Denver
First 3 was all hustle
Last 5 was all blowouts

Last edited:
According to Locke, we will play 27 times with teams that are on the end of their back to backs. It is highest of any team along with the mavs. That should help some.

Considering we started 1-14 last year. 30something wins isn't out of the question, then factor in that our core will be better, and aided by a better coach who knows how to develop young players. We will be better then some think.

This schedule is brutal, but I think analyzing it to fine our wins and losses is futile. With such a young team, anything is possible. While we are young and stupid, we are also an uber talented pile of clay. If a couple of our players break out this year, there is no telling what we can accomplish.

I'm not going to put a number on our wins. I am hoping we are the Cinderella story. I really like the cast we've assembled, and would rather pray for their speedy development than another lottery pick.

Statistics don't support your claim that anything is possible because we're young. They say we are drastically more likely to lose. A lot.