What's new

Seems like we have a few new faces, I think it might be time for a new get to know you thread!

JGolds

Feels like we have some new people here and I think it would be nice for us all to get to know each other on a more personal level. I think we should be better acquainted with the people we call names to and be-little. But not only those people, also those we call friend. So whats your story?
How did you become a jazz fan?
when did you start posting on jazzfanz?
how many alts do you have?
Family? Explain...
Where are you from?
Fun Fact?
Favorite Book?
Team you would root for if you weren't a jazz homer?
Favorite food?
Favorite restaurant?
Dream Vacation spot?
Play video games? Xbox or PS4?
And any other information you think you would like to share.

How did you become a jazz fan? I was a kid, the Jazz were close (comparatively), and my neighbors (who were also my aunt and uncle) were rooting for the Bulls. My dad took me to a couple games growing up further cementing my fandom. Somehow I saw Stockton and Male play individually twice, but never together. What are the odds of that?

when did you start posting on jazzfanz? Gosh. Before it was jazzfanz. I started out as Jazzfan Bayamon 2.

how many alts do you have? Currently, none.

Family? Explain... Wife, one kid, another coming soon. We both come from a large extended family. Over 100 cousins easily. And no, we're not Mormons.

Where are you from? Montana

Fun Fact? I can answer any questions related to agriculture that you have.

Favorite Book? Impossible question. I'm frequently reading, and can't pick.
Non-fiction: Bible
Fiction: Kane & Abel by Jeffrey Archet

Team you would root for if you weren't a jazz homer? I wouldn't. I root for players I like, and whatever team is fun to watch. Style is huge for me.

Favorite food? All of it. Tough to beat a good steak though.

Favorite restaurant? A couple local places.

Dream Vacation spot? Hmmm...if it's a one time thing, Europe for a month. Regular vacation, Hawaii or something similar.

Play video games? Xbox or PS4? lol I got kids. I don't even watch TV.

And any other information you think you would like to share....I hate all of you.

How did you become a jazz fan? I was a kid, the Jazz were close (comparatively), and my neighbors (who were also my aunt and uncle) were rooting for the Bulls. My dad took me to a couple games growing up further cementing my fandom. Somehow I saw Stockton and Male play individually twice, but never together. What are the odds of that?

when did you start posting on jazzfanz? Gosh. Before it was jazzfanz. I started out as Jazzfan Bayamon 2.

how many alts do you have? Currently, none.

Family? Explain... Wife, one kid, another coming soon. We both come from a large extended family. Over 100 cousins easily. And no, we're not Mormons.

Where are you from? Montana

Fun Fact? I can answer any questions related to agriculture that you have.

Favorite Book? Impossible question. I'm frequently reading, and can't pick.
Non-fiction: Bible
Fiction: Kane & Abel by Jeffrey Archet

Team you would root for if you weren't a jazz homer? I wouldn't. I root for players I like, and whatever team is fun to watch. Style is huge for me.

Favorite food? All of it. Tough to beat a good steak though.

Favorite restaurant? A couple local places.

Dream Vacation spot? Hmmm...if it's a one time thing, Europe for a month. Regular vacation, Hawaii or something similar.

Play video games? Xbox or PS4? lol I got kids. I don't even watch TV.

And any other information you think you would like to share....I hate all of you.

Ag question: How come my raspberry plants aren't getting any blossoms? and how come my strawberrys aren't plumping up?

Also i hate you too..

My pa traveled for a living doin steel work on bridges an such. He took me to a LSU game an I was mezmorized by Pistol Pete. Years later in my late teens I went to Marti Gras. I was so bummed to learn that New Orleans Jazz would go out of town for a month around Marti Gras. So I quit work an went a month early just to see Pistol. I was so excited when New Orleans move to my home state that I quit my job again an moved from St. George to up north.

I don't read.
I live in a travel trailer in my dream vacation spot.
Have no family of my own. Nieces an nephews.
Favorite foods is anything grown on the land an harvested or killed with my own two hands.
Additional info I like fish a lot an eat fish I catch probably 14 meals a week. I love eggs an lock even tho it is not salmon cept when I get rides from the truckers to an from Strawberry Res when the salmon is in season.

Watching the 1997 NBA finals I was 7 years old.

A few years back. I use to really enjoy doing the game threads. Then I got busy... Now I lurk hardcore like.

Who needs an alt when you can troll on your own account.

Family? Explain...
Just my wife and a 7 month old baby girl.

Where are you from?
Born in Utah raised in Idaho.

Fun Fact?
It only took me 12 years to graduate from High school.

Favorite Book?
I Really don't read much anymore, but I do listen to books on tape/CD. One of my favorites of late would have to be "1000 leagues under the sea"

Portland. Its close enough that I could still go to a game every year and Lillard is one of my favorite players to watch.

Favorite food?
If it is high in carbs I bet I like it. However, Ribs would be something I would have a hard time turning down.

Favorite restaurant?
Texas Road house, or this little restaurant by my house called "Bit of Italy"

Dream Vacation spot?
Since cost is of no Consequence. I would love to travel of over Europe. Staying in B&Bs and seeing everything worth seeing.
However I love hiking and seeing natural sites so Yellowstone is good too. haha

Yes, I play. Xbox.

Love to hike, fish hunt, shoot, play basketball, play soccer, and just be active. And I am a Jazz homer for life!!

Jingles

I dunno can't remember

What's an Alt?

Family? Explain...

Just my folks, they're old and sick, aside from working I'm their carer but they still do a pretty good job on their own.

Where are you from?

Melbourne

Fun Fact?

I don't do fun

Favorite Book?

I love Arthur Koestler's books. Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami is also one of my favourite books. I've read nearly everything written by George Orwell, who is one of my favourite thinkers. Irvine Welsh and Chuck Palahniuk are two of my favourite authors. I studied History and Politics, mostly European History and political history, the history of the left as my main focus. I used to read a lot of Marxist authors. Oh yeah and check out the Flashman books, they're a great laugh.

Easy the Bucks, Delly and Thon. Got a soft spot for Philly too.

Favorite food?

Lasagna

Favorite restaurant?

Cicciolina's and Claypots are probably my favourites

Dream Vacation spot?

Hmmm hoping to go to the World Cup next year another trip to South America would be nice too.

Yeah Football Manager is more addictive than heroin

Probably not.

Last edited:
How did you become a jazz fan? Born in Utah.

When did you start posting on jazzfanz? Looked for "jazz fan forums" back in 2011?

How many alts do you have? 0

Family? Immediate - wife, 4 daughters, 1 son and 2 dogs. Extended - we are legion

Where are you from? Born in southern Utah and tried to get away my whole life. Now I'm "stuck" there.

Fun Fact? I have was adopted, twice.

Favorite Book? Wheel Of Time Series

Team you would root for if you weren't a jazz homer? Minor affection for the Grizzlies

Favorite food? Just feed me

Favorite restaurant? Just feed me

Dream Vacation spot? Far far far away, maybe a pacific island?

Play video games? Xbox or PS4? Played it all, I was a gamer till I had a family. Now just a PS4 for the occasional entertainment.

-Watching finals with my father, it was the only series he'd watch every year, and the first two we watched happened to feature the Jazz.

I suppose it says over on the side of this post.

Family? Explain...
Wife and daughter (1 month), in touch with my parents, but don't see them much, long ways away.

Where are you from?
South Dakota

Fun Fact?
Hmm... I'm taking the next year or so off work to stay with the little one while my wife finishes up with school, so that should be pretty dang fun.

Favorite Book?
Galapagos by Vonnegut.

Hmm... maybe the T-Wolves, kind of near where I grew up (relatively) and loved KG as a player. Warriors have been the best to watch for the last 3 years though.

Favorite food?
I'll do pretty much anything. Mom makes a mean scalloped corn dish though. Plenty of good Tex-Mex down here too.

Favorite restaurant?
Knotty Pine, little steak house in SD.

Dream Vacation spot?
I'd like to go see the Bolivian salt flats sometime.

Not much any more, PC when I did back in high school.

So many people fibbing about alts.

How did you become a jazz fan? I don't really know. I started watching them somewhere around 1984-85, but I don't remember why. I assume John Stockton got my attention.

When did you start posting on jazzfanz? Around 2005. Was very active for a few years, left for a few, came back for a minute or two, left for a few more years, returned last year (mostly because I wanted to talk to people about politics and current events and didn't know where else to go). Spend almost all of my time on the General Discussion board because I honestly don't care who we draft. I'll figure out who they are once we do. :)

How many alts do you have? No alts since I'm a rulekeeper and have no interest in pretending to be anyone other than myself. My name on the old site was Jazzgal15. I didn't stray far.

Family? Explain... Mom, Dad, 2 sisters, 1 brother, 10 nieces and nephews, 2 great-nieces and 1 great-nephew.

Where are you from? Raised in Ogden, lived most of adult life in Salt Lake, back in Ogden. Obviously not the adventurous sort.

Fun Fact? Was born in England on a USA military base. Returned to the same area while serving an LDS mission.

Favorite Book? Impossible question. Lifelong avid bookworm. I average 40-50 books per year. My current favorite is the one I finished last night (Beartown by Fredrik Backman). Ask me again in a few days and the answer will likely change.

Team you would root for if you weren't a jazz homer? Probably Portland because of Lilliard, but I suspect that if the Jazz hadn't moved to Utah I likely wouldn't be an NBA fan.

Favorite food? Chocolate

Favorite restaurant? Maddox's in Perry

Dream Vacation spot? New York to see Broadway shows

Play video games? Xbox or PS4? I play Trivia Crack and Spider Solitaire. Does that count? :D

And any other information you think you would like to share. I've always heard that you get more conservative as you get older. I've done the opposite. I like to be different.

I became a Jazz fan at birth.

I started posting here in like 07 or 08

No alts. That's retarded.

Married with 6 kids (turning 13, 10, 7, 6, 3, and 1). Wife finally says she's done having babies!!!!!!

Born and raised in the Salt Lake area.

Fun fact? I'll give you two: 1. I married my high school sweetheart. 2. I own a handmade guitar and don't know how to play the guitar.

Favorite book? Who knows

Other team to root for? There are NO other teams. The rest of you are traitors and are dead to me.

Favorite food? Red meat.

Fave restaurant? There's a little hole in the wall BBQ joint in Bountiful called Smoke 'N' Bones.

Dream vacation spot? Away from the kids.

Play video games? We have a wii that gets used to stream Netflix. Does that count?

Other info? I'm a self-employed electrician that works WAAAYYY too many hours

Married with 6 kids (turning 13, 10, 7, 6, 3, and 1). Wife finally says she's done having babies!!!!!!

Fun fact? I'll give you two: 1. I married my high school sweetheart. 2. I own a handmade guitar and don't know how to play the guitar.

Favorite book? Who knows

Other team to root for? There are NO other teams. The rest of you are traitors and are dead to me.

Favorite food? Red meat.

Fave restaurant? There's a little hole in the wall BBQ joint in Bountiful called Smoke 'N' Bones.

Play video games? We have a wii that gets used to stream Netflix. Does that count?

This sounds suspiciously like family of mine lol

Favorite book? Who knows

Favorite food? Red meat.

That's awesome! I would love to Patrick in Manning my own guitar. What kinda wood is it fashioned from? What are the strings made of?

--Went to college at BYU in the early 90's.

--Pretty close to day 1, part of the original migration from RealGM

Family? Explain...
--wife, 2 kids

Where are you from?
--Maryland

Fun Fact?
--I can beat anyone here in table tennis

Favorite Book?
--Too many to list. Excluding religious (e.g. Bible and Book or Mormon), I mainly read SF/Fantasy and spy thrillers. If I had to choose just one I'd probably go with Lord or the Rings.

--Whoever is playing the Lakers

Favorite food?
--Italian

Favorite restaurant?
--Not sure

Dream Vacation spot?
--Not sure

--Sometimes play PC games, mainly RPG and strategy. Not Xbox or PS4

--I'm active LDS. I've lived in Missouri, Connecticut, Maryland, Utah, California, Wisconsin, Austria, and Germany. I'm a physics professor.

I suppose it says over on the side of this post.

Not for everyone, though. We had a great board crash a number of years ago when all data was lost. Everyone had to rejoin. So the site now lists the rejoin date rather than the original posting date.

Memories of watching Stockon & Malone with father every year on his business trips, coincided with NBA playoffs. Remember begging my mother to stay up and watch Jazz/Rockets because I think we were going to Disney the next morning but my Dad took up for me, "the shot" happened and heard my Dad's exclamation... didn't even know he was awake watching with me! Excellent memory
I use to visit a site a long time ago UTJazz.com I think, it closed and recommended Jazzfanz
None but I did have an account here many years ago, i probably only posted <15 times can't remember the name or email
Family? Explain...
Married w/ Children
Where are you from?
Texas the best State
Fun Fact?
Umm, I like Jazz music and have a mutual friend of Joe Jesus and another with Jeremy Evans
Favorite Book?
many, I'll go with Where the Red Fern Grows
The texas' teams
Favorite food?
Fish, I also fish a lot. Catch mostly Largemouth bass
Favorite restaurant?
A local upscale "Asian Buffet" and Indian Buffet. Love Mediterranean food also.
Dream Vacation spot?
Tropical Pacificish
Wii U, Retro games
We need to move up for Malik Monk and draft Frank Mason