What's new

Senate Halts Repeal of DADT

Are you going to give any valid arguments against what Lady Gaga said? Did you even bother to watch her speech? Or are you writing her off completely because you think "she's so weird"? You may not like her theatrics, although many people do, but she is so much smarter than people give her credit for. If you are writing her off because you don't like her music or the way she presents it, that says more about you than it does about her.

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! No, I didn't watch that retard's speech.

It's hard to take Gaga seriously when she dresses like a clown and makes a mockery of everything. She may be smart but the only people listening are the disenfranchised ciphers, screwballs and outcasts that flock to her. If she wants to be taken seriously she'll have to be a little more mainstream. Any senator that voted to repeal DADT because Gaga rallies the troops against him needs to be voted out regardless.

Funny, this is what I think about the tea party and Glenn Beck.

Yes, I see what you mean.

0.jpg

lady_gaga_fans_in_tokyo_03.jpg

Glenn-Beck.jpg

DC%20Tea%20Party%20Patriots.jpg

yea, but you're a liberal pansy *** who gets no cutty.

For the record, cutty means something different in the Bay Area. It's not even a noun.

As to my liberalness, I presume you want to renounce all those student loans you took out that were federally funded because that was the evil federal government at work? Let's talk when you actually pay taxes.

To the baseline issue, discounting an entire position because a particular person advocates it is silly and narrowminded. I sincerely hope you and Trout are both joking.

Yes, I see what you mean.

Gaga certainly dresses less conventionally. Beck and his people believe much weirder things.

There's nothing that Lady Gaga has ever seriously said that's as weird or out there as saying people in California losing their homes in fires had it coming because they hate America, or all his weird Cleon Skousen stuff, or hyping up that FEMA was running concentration camps, or even this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFAm4N50Ufg

Glenn Beck attracts the looniest of the loonies and a lot of his followers are conspiracy theorists. And he's much more dangerous because people take him seriously. Lady Gaga is an entertainer that's essentially a modern update of Madonna that is speaking out on a particular issue of relevance to a segment of her fanbase. She's also providing a lot of mainstream arguments and using her access to cameras to provide a platform.

The idea that DADT is a good idea just because Lady Gaga is against it is simply wrongheaded.

1. Who cares about the Bay Area?

Given that you were trying to insult someone who lives there, it might be relevant that your slang was utterly nonsensical to the intended target.

3. If I renounce them, do I have to pay them back?

You usually can't even get out of those if you declare bankruptcy.

But seriously, you personally have lived off of government fat for the last three years. We'll talk when you're a net negative payer into the system. Given what we know, that might be a while for you.

Given that you were trying to insult someone who lives there, it might be relevant that your slang was utterly nonsensical.

it's completely sensical, ball.

You usually can't even get out of those if you declare bankruptcy.

Duh.

But seriously, you personally have lived off of government fat for the last three years. We'll talk when you're a net negative payer into the system. Given what we know, that might be a while for you.

tee hee, you dont know me! i do what i want!

Last edited:
I heard that they needed to have been in country since they were minors, and either complete a term of military service or get a four-year college degree before they could get citizenship. So, not exactly a dream.

No, that is incorrect. First requirement to get a green card is to have been in the country for five years and be between the ages of 12 and 35. That's far from being a minor in most cases. After that initial step, they must then either serve in the military or earn a degree. And it doesn;t have to be from a 4-yr college. Can you say technical school or on-line degree!? After that it's a clear path to citizenship and the ability to then sponsor parents, siblings, etc. Basically within 4-5 years, we'd probably be legalizing 90% of the undocumented immigrants (I still call them illegals - I know, I'm heartless).