What's new

Sensabaugh and Hendricks watch thread in gleague

Tay Henny and Brice have been sent down for the Stars two game series in Mexico City Sunday and Monday afternoons. The Stars also signed a 6'5"guard out of Florida who was a late 2021 second round pick by the Hornets. He was a two way player for the Hornets for one season but has had injury issues since.

Last edited:
WTF!!!? Isn’t Hendricks supposed to be a defensive wiz or something I mean my god!!! Why did we draft him ****ing 9th!! We could’ve had Whitmore. Super ****ing talented. This is a ****ing *** disaster!!!
Recently in a close game the coach was subbing them out late in the game for defensive purposes. My thought is why? The purpose of the league is development.

Tay Henny and Brice with 19 points each in a blowout win. Potter 14 points 14 boards. Langford, Ongenda and Keyshawn Justice had strong games for the Stars. Tay Henny had more blocks (3) than rebounds (2). Same teams tomorrow afternoon. It will be interesting to see how the Stars fare with the 8,000 foot elevation there. No Juzang today.

If you're bored the Stars are on the G League app. Hendricks with a couple early 3s and 12 pts.
Thanks for the heads up. Ended up watching.

Both Hendricks and Sensabaugh had 19 pts to lead the team in its 23-pt victory. In that sense they played fine (Hendricks only had two boards and was in foul trouble for parts of the game, however). They didn't share the court at all except for about 5 minutes toward the end of the game, with the Stars already up by about 25.

In just checking in on these two, a few thoughts:
- Hendricks doesn't look any closer to me to be a SF than he did earlier in the year. Just doesn't have much wing feel or playmaking skills. Still a good weakside shot-blocker (had 3 blocks today), but I wouldn't really call him a rim deterrent. The thing I'm most concerned with is that I don't think he shifts his balance well. He's ok when he has time/space to get down in a stance, but if he gets (knocked) out of that, he can get blown by easily. I'm not impressed with his first step either on offense or defense.
- Sensabaugh's defense is still rather rough, though I thought it improved a bit throughout the game. Still not sure he knows how to play hard. I'm impressed with his passing, though it usually manifests itself after he's done the dribbling 5 times thing.

Both Hendricks and Sensabaugh had 19 pts to lead the team in its 23-pt victory. In that sense they played fine (Hendricks only had two boards and was in foul trouble for parts of the game, however). They didn't share the court at all except for about 5 minutes toward the end of the game, with the Stars already up by about 25.

- Hendricks doesn't look any closer to me to be a SF than he did earlier in the year. Just doesn't have much wing feel or playmaking skills. Still a good weakside shot-blocker (had 3 blocks today), but I wouldn't really call him a rim deterrent. The thing I'm most concerned with is that I don't think he shifts his balance well. He's ok when he has time/space to get down in a stance, but if he gets (knocked) out of that, he can get blown by easily. I'm not impressed with his first step either on offense or defense.
- Sensabaugh's defense is still rather rough, though I thought it improved a bit throughout the game. Still not sure he knows how to play hard. I'm impressed with his passing, though it usually manifests itself after he's done the dribbling 5 times thing.

It took Aaron Nesmith a couple years to become a decent defender. I'm hoping Brice Sensabaugh can follow the same path. The thing that's interesting about Brice, aside from his shooting, is his secondary playmaking ability.

I'm assuming that Hendricks will be a 3D wing who can straight-line drive with a couple dribbles. I still see his effective comp as a Dorian Finney-Smith.

On the shifting the balance thing, the Jazz have a battery of PTs and strength coach types that can improve that in the off season. We still don't know what exactly the injury was that kept him out of Summer League and it might be something he is afraid of reinjuring or it might be an imbalance somewhere.

Spot on
Hendricks looked like he was slogging through a couple inches of mud today and incapable of any deft dribbling while driving.

Reactions: bpg
We traded Devoe for a 2024 G-League 1st round pick.

At least Hendricks played better yesterday. But it's weird he only pulls down two rebounds in 21 minutes. He makes Romeo Langford look like Dennis Rodman.
He's not very talented at any skill that isnt spot up shooting

We traded Devoe for a 2024 G-League 1st round pick.

At least Hendricks played better yesterday. But it's weird he only pulls down two rebounds in 21 minutes. He makes Romeo Langford look like Dennis Rodman.
He averages 5.8 per 36 in the real NBA. He's fine.

Tay Henny pooped the bed today getting two points and fouling out. He made no field goals. I think the entire team had too much Tequilla last night. Potter and Brice were the leading scorers with 17 and Langford played well. Brice needed a lot of shots to get his 17 points. The Stars only lost by 8 but it seemed more like 80.

Was discouraged to see that Hendricks fouled out and only played 18 min tonight. He shot 0-4 but had 6 rebounds 2 assists, 1 steal, 1 block. The crazy part is that his plus/minus was +11. The next best Stars player had -3. ????

Tay Henny pooped the bed today getting two points and fouling out. He made no field goals. I think the entire team had too much Tequilla last night. Potter and Brice were the leading scorers with 17 and Langford played well. Brice needed a lot of shots to get his 17 points. The Stars only lost by 8 but it seemed more like 80.
Thank god we drafted Hendricks over Whitmore.

One comment about Tay Henny is that he looks awkward when he is running straight forward. I'm just wondering if the mystery injury last summer was hammy related and there is some scar tissue still lurking.

One comment about Tay Henny is that he looks awkward when he is running straight forward. I'm just wondering if the mystery injury last summer was hammy related and there is some scar tissue still lurking.

I didn't think he was a the smoothest of athletes to begin with, especially when he has the ball in his hands. He's a great pogo stick athlete though.