What's new

Sheridan: Spurs front-runner to land Jefferson

Short answer is that it is not realistic. Long answer:

Spurs next year have ~$50 mil committed once they re-sign Ginobili. If they trade for Al and got rid of $15 mil they are at ~$35 mil.
The cap is $58 mil
Dwight @ max = $20.5 mil
Total $55.5 mil

The kicker is that Jackson doesn't help them, since he expires, so they would keep him if Howard is the goal. They would also need to keep Splitter, then let him walk. At that point, a realistic trade becomes the issue.

I'm pretty newb on the CBA stuff, so correct me if I'm wrong somewhere.

I think the price to sign D12 will actually be lower due to the new CBA!!

Can't believe this rumor made it all the way up to the ESPN halftime show! I must be an idoit because I thought Jefferson makes no sense in SAS. Got humbled by Magic Johnson.

Every national guy that talks about Al, talks about his great defense.

1) They are all idiots

2) If Al's stock rises high enough, we might end up getting a great return on on the Al investment

Who am I kidding. Our great return will be four more years of Al maxed out.

I hate sounding like I'm defending Al, but he put up 32 and 13 on 68% shooting. It's hard to call those empty stats. The guy who was getting burned on defense was Millsap. Noah wasn't doing much, but Boozer carried the Bulls in the 4th.

Yeah, Jefferson shut down this era's Shaq: Joakim Noah.

BTW, Boozer is good. Sorry everyone.

I hate sounding like I'm defending Al, but he put up 32 and 13 on 68% shooting. It's hard to call those empty stats. The guy who was getting burned on defense was Millsap. Noah wasn't doing much, but Boozer carried the Bulls in the 4th.

One game vs 2 years?

No thanks. Al jefferson is the very definition of EMPTY STATS.

He always seems to net 15+ and 9+.

Yet it's horribly inefficient, bogs down the entire offense, is too soft (he never gets to the FT line), and his overall defense? Atrocious. How many points did Nate Robinson have? Many of those can and should be attributed to his poor help defense.

Jefferson supporters seem to ignore his stints in Boston and Minny. Folks, there's a reason why his teams never go anywhere.

HE DOESN'T MAKE HIS TEAM BETTER, BUT MAKES IT WORSE.

Favors or Kanter? Completely the opposite.

No doubt it's time to trade Al. While we're at it, we should trade Marvin Williams. TBH, we should probably trade Millsap too. It's time to make a clean break.

No doubt it's time to trade Al. While we're at it, we should trade Marvin Williams. TBH, we should probably trade Millsap too. It's time to make a clean break.

I am starting to lean this way, trade everyone on our team who has any value except Favors, Kanter, Hayward and prob not Burks and Demarre unless we get some one good in return. Aim for solid young players or 2014 draft picks.

Been on the anti-Marvin train longer than anyone here. He's has received the biggest free pass I've ever seen. Why not bench him, and
make him earn his minutes back?

Been on the anti-Marvin train longer than anyone here. He's has received the biggest free pass I've ever seen. Why not bench him, and
make him earn his minutes back?

Agreed. He is not starting caliber SF (physically and mentaly), he always gets lost on the match-ups and he has low self esteem. He can't put it on the floor properly, can't surpass his match up with the ball and off the ball. He is just one of those players who dissapears after they get the big contract.

Maybe next year we can see the real "Marvelous" Williams when he is at his contract year, but not now.

16gl83r.jpg