What's new

Should #47 hang from the rafters at ESA

I was one that took up for AK for many years, and had long drawn out fights with Salty Dawg and others posters on here about AK. Was AK used correctly by Sloan? Heck NO. Could he have been a perennial All-star player with another team? Heck Yes. But I got off the AK band wagon. Why? He refused to give the Jazz all he had and just went through the motions many games. I remember once when AK had played about 30 minutes and had 0 rebounds. I said a statue holding a basket could have had at least 1 rebound. So his lack of giving us his all and his lack of improving his game from year to year like Milsap has are the reasons that AK does not deserve having his jersey hanging from the rafters. Period end of story.

So was Rob Horry. Hornacek was much more than a Rob, or a Kerr though. He's also still in the community to this day; don't have any sort of problem with the Jazz retiring his jersey whatsoever.
I like the Horry comparison. It could be argued he was every bit the contributor Horny was. Just for 3 different franchises. He has the same type of impact as Horny for all of the Spurs, Lakers and Chicago. He was a key piece in their championship runs. Why is he not deserving of having his Jersey retired for all 3? At least in a similar way as Hornacek does for Utah. The answer is Horny was beloved here.

It is not on court actions for the Jazz that gets their # retired. This as much as anything will keep AK's jersey off the rafters.

Reactions: MVP