What's new

Should Jazz claim Melo?

jazzfan1971

Melo is making 2.4 mil this season. If Houston cuts him it has been rumored that Philly will claim him off waivers. And why not take the risk for that few dollars?

But, Utah would be ahead of Philly in the waiver claim process as it stands today. Why not cut Tyler Cavanaugh and claim Melo? I'd think he could play next to Gobert pretty well. Put him in as the starting 4 and see what happens.

If it doesn't work out you can always waive him and re-sign Cavanaugh.

Dr0iKwLXQAAzLTd.jpg

1. Cavanaugh is on a 2-way. Waiving him does not open a roster spot, unless Melo clears waivers and decides he'd like to be on a 2-way in Utah.
2. Most people are coming around to see on Melo what they should have seen 10 years ago. It's like young, youthful good looks with a terrible personality, but everyone looks past the obvious for the optics. Now that youthful good looks has faded and you're left with not being able to see anything besides reality.
3. When we see Melo, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

1. Cavanaugh is on a 2-way. Waiving him does not open a roster spot, unless Melo clears waivers and decides he'd like to be on a 2-way in Utah.
2. Most people are coming around to see on Melo what they should have seen 10 years ago. It's like young, youthful good looks with a terrible personality, but everyone looks past the obvious for the optics. Now that youthful good looks has faded and you're left with not being able to see anything besides reality.
3. When we see Melo, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

No way he's leaving the scotus.

ah, I am not used to 2 way contracts yet. Honestly there is nobody on the active roster I'd dump to take a flyer on him.

He could play a similar role as Iso Joe. We need a second option behind Donovan in the event of a broken play.

He could play a similar role as Iso Joe. We need a second option behind Donovan in the event of a broken play.

He'd be like Joe in that second season when the Jazz couldn't wait to get rid of him. On top of the guarantee that melo will be a douche in the locker room.

ah, I am not used to 2 way contracts yet. Honestly there is nobody on the active roster I'd dump to take a flyer on him.
I wouldn't even replace our 2-way guys with him. I would probably replace one of the other Stars guys with him but only for teh lols.

I would love to dream that we could make it work, but I just don't see it. If Exum, Mitchell, Joe and Gobert defended their balls off, then maybe the offense Melo provides could be worth it. Just dont see it.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

How did that work for OKC in last playoffs?
Well, Joe worked pretty well for us. Melo isn't a good fit for the Thunder and Rockets because they've got enough offensive talents but not enough pieces to hide his defense. We are on the exact opposite of that spectrum.

Dante and Thabo can't get out of Quin's dog house it would be very crowded in there with Melo too.

Maybe he could play stretch-5 in some highly experimental line-up. Not for us though.
People I'd rather play at stretch-5:

Crowder
Thabo
Niang
Cavanaugh
Udoh
Exum
Antonio Lang
Segana Diop

One of the main reasons we beat the Thunder was because of this dude on their team. Let the Lakers sign him so they can lose more games