What's new

Should the Jazz rest Mitchell and Conley until the playoffs?

Should the Jazz rest Mitchell and Conley until the playoffs?

• Yes, let them get as healthy as possible

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Play Mike but rest Donovan

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Play Donovan rest Mike

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Play them both, we need them to get into a rhythm and we need the first seed

Votes: 12 37.5%

• Total voters
AD looked awful his first few games back before he got into a groove. He's a veteran.

I don't care who you are. After a month off, it takes time to get a rhythm back. This has been historically true for damn near every player coming back from a lengthy injury.
Some do some don't. Many players, especially ones that click with the team come back hot. I would like to see a stat about that though. Maybe if we lose in the first round like you seem to think we can look back at it.

Well, that's not how Bojan put it in a recent post-game interview.
He seems like he cares. Others do not, based on effort and focus. I definitely don't think they are afraid of whoever is the 8 seed when we most likely get it. If Jazz want the one seed they will win the games they have to. I guess they have done a good job at that so far.

I agree with very little of that. But, I guess we will see what happens round one.

The FO is one thing but the players are another. I don't think the players care about the 1 seed. They want to get into the playoffs and prove themselves. But that's just my opinion of the situation.
The players have been vocal about wanting the 1 seed. Especially Bogie.

The players have been vocal about wanting the 1 seed. Especially Bogie.
I could definitely be wrong about it. Players say lots of things they don't mean. I strongly prefer the 1 seed. Mostly because we have been really good at home and partially it sounds cool. But ultimately I'm not sure how much it matters. We are either good enough to beat teams or not.

I could definitely be wrong about it. Players say lots of things they don't mean. I strongly prefer the 1 seed. Mostly because we have been really good at home and partially it sounds cool. But ultimately I'm not sure how much it matters. We are either good enough to beat teams or not.
I mean, I do think it's advantageous to get to the WCF with a lighter schedule than our opponent. Denver had to endure b2b bloodbaths last postseason - Murray was noticeably hobbled by the time they got to the WCF.

Right now it's looking like the 2 seed will have to go through the Lakers and Clippers b2b.

Portland is fighting for their playoff lives, gotta think that they will not let fatigue be a factor tonight.

They are more than capable of beating the Suns just like GS did a few days ago.

I mean, I do think it's advantageous to get to the WCF with a lighter schedule than our opponent. Denver had to endure b2b bloodbaths last postseason - Murray was noticeably hobbled by the time they got to the WCF.

Right now it's looking like the 2 seed will have to go through the Lakers and Clippers b2b.
They were pretty hobbled, I also felt lucky. I don't think they were the better team in any of the series.

Who knows what will happen in the play in games. Teams get lucky all the time in a single game. That's why NCAA tournament is fun. Also who knows what the health of either of those teams is and how good they are this year in the playoffs. But yes, I generally agree I would prefer to not play Lakers first round and clippers second.

We play the Lakers in the first round and it will be 8 vs 5. No way the league is going to want LeBron out of the playoffs in the first round.

I wonder if tonight's result between the suns and blazers will determine if Conley plays

Suns win, Conley plays tomorrow. Suns lose, he continues to rest.

I mean we will never know but it's interesting

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I wonder if tonight's result between the suns and blazers will determine if Conley plays

Suns win, Conley plays tomorrow. Suns lose, he continues to rest.

I mean we will never know but it's interesting

I definitely think it will play a major factor in their decision.

Is a Mike Conley dialing it down to 50% till game is safely won then sitting down better than a Trent Forrest at 100% for entire game

Oh man I forgot all about that one. It felt like we couldn't really hang with them anyway, but my word that was remarkably bad officiating. So many wrong calls there.
Oof forgot about this game. Still think had we won that game we win G6. 2008 jazz team was the best team other than the 97/98 jazz teams. I think they smoke this year's team.

A win or loss last night should not factor at all into whether Conley plays. A hammie is either 100% healthy or it isn’t. Unless we want to rush him back a bit and have him re-aggravate it and miss the playoffs.

That said, this season has been such a major dick tease. I think these injuries royally ****ed us and we lose in the first round to the Blazers or Dubs.

A win or loss last night should not factor at all into whether Conley plays. A hammie is either 100% healthy or it isn’t. Unless we want to rush him back a bit and have him re-aggravate it and miss the playoffs.

That said, this season has been such a major dick tease. I think these injuries royally ****ed us and we lose in the first round to the Blazers or Dubs.
You want to put some scratch on that?

I think a suns win or loss last night should have an effect on Conley playing or not.
I think his hamstring is 100% right now but if the suns would have lost last night then why play Conley and risk him getting injured?
Hell if the suns lost last night then maybe joe or bojan would sit tonight's game out too

I think a suns win or loss last night should have an effect on Conley playing or not.
I think his hamstring is 100% right now but if the suns would have lost last night then why play Conley and risk him getting injured?
Hell if the suns lost last night then maybe joe or bojan would sit tonight's game out too

1 damn foul call to bail them out changes everything.