What's new

Should the Jazz rest starters tonight against GSW?

Rest starters tonight?

• Yes

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 32 88.9%

• Total voters
Using that chart if the Jazz win tonight they have a 50% chance of meeting OKC.
If the Jazz win they have these chances out of 16 scenarios.

OKC--8 50%
SAS--3 19%
NO--2 13%
DEN--2 13%
MIN--1 6%

If they Lose tonight the chances out of 16 are.

POR--5 31%
OKC--4 25%
GS--3 19%
DEN--2 13%
MIN--1 6%
SAS--1 6%

So as of right now the chances out of 32 are

OKC--12 38%
POR--5 16%
DEN--4 13%
SAS--4 13%
GS--3 9%
MIN--2 6%
NO--2 6%

Not sure who I'd rather face but it's pretty good odds it's OKC if we win and POR or OKC if we lose.

If it weren't for the chances of playing GS if they lose I'd almost rather lose. I don't like the match up vs OKC. I'd rather they play POR.

Because of the chances of dropping to 7th I really want them to win tonight.

I wouldn't be mad if the Jazz rested starters both today and tomorrow.

But I'd rather they go into the playoffs with momentum.

I wouldn't be mad if the Jazz rested starters both today and tomorrow.

But I'd rather they go into the playoffs with momentum.
They lose them both and the odds of playing GS become troubling. 38% chance of meeting GS if they lose both games.

Using that chart if the Jazz win tonight they have a 50% chance of meeting OKC.
If the Jazz win they have these chances out of 16 scenarios.

OKC--8 50%
SAS--3 19%
NO--2 13%
DEN--2 13%
MIN--1 6%

If they Lose tonight the chances out of 16 are.

POR--5 31%
OKC--4 25%
GS--3 19%
DEN--2 13%
MIN--1 6%
SAS--1 6%

So as of right now the chances out of 32 are

OKC--12 38%
POR--5 16%
DEN--4 13%
SAS--4 13%
GS--3 9%
MIN--2 6%
NO--2 6%

Not sure who I'd rather face but it's pretty good odds it's OKC if we win and POR or OKC if we lose.

If the Jazz win tonight, they're playing the Thunder in the first round. Only way they don't is if Memphis beats OKC in OKC, which is extremely unlikely.

They lose them both and the odds of playing GS become troubling. 38% chance of meeting GS if they lose both games.

OKC is going to beat Memphis. That puts it at 25%, depending on how you feel about Min and SA both winning tomorrow.

First thought:

Keep it rolling.

But...

Its been a long hard slog to climb into the playoffs, the players must be exhausted mentally. If they were to rest I would hope they rest against Portland also.

We dont need home court advantage so keeping everyone healthy should be the priority.

If the Jazz win tonight, they're playing the Thunder in the first round. Only way they don't is if Memphis beats OKC in OKC, which is extremely unlikely.
I just looked at the chart. Didn't actually look at the games.
But your correct. Damn probably the one team I'd rather the Jazz not face.

Basically Jazz will face OKC unless they lose both games. Even worse, if they win only one, they'll face Rockets in second round.

(yes, we know okc will beat Memphis, other scenarios are stupid).

Resting starters and losing both games was better in my opinion. You avoid OKC in 1st round and Rockets in 2nd. You probably face GS without Curry (very doable), or Portland.

It would be better. But if you don't want to lose both, then winning both is second best because you don't get Rockets in second round, you get HCA and you get momentum.

I voted work the starters simply because I don't like the fact that there are three teams just one game down from us. I really want to see the Jazz get the 4th.

I voted work the starters simply because I don't like the fact that there are three teams just one game down from us. I really want to see the Jazz get the 4th.
Well that's out the window. They now will be 3rd or 5th according to tonight's broadcast.

Not afraid, just don't like the match up as much. That said we haven't played them since we got Crowder.
And our three losses were without Gobert. OKC doesn't frighten this team. I'd rather face OKC and get GSW in the 2nd round if the Jazz win that series. Fair chance for the WCF at least.

Perfect scenario happened. Crushed the #2 team in the west, starters played just enough minutes to keep them tuned in and hungry but not enough to be tired.