What's new

sick of being treated like the nba's step child

The foundation of the team should be most talent with the least amount of dollars. And in the process retain your high level stars. For Lauri the Jazz can go either way, but my preference would be 1st get and obscene return for him, if not then keep him/renegotiate. For the Jazz, if they got draft assets, then they would have an endless supply of cheap, depth pieces for a team. I would prefer that and hope that 2 or three talents explode in the process. It would the most dollar efficient strategy and with the new CBA it would be a huge advantage over most other teams.

Wow... really? You call for "multiple years of tanking" and use Spurs as evidence of it being a good idea. And you cannot see how there is a disconnect in your logic.....

I mean I can give you a 3 point hint if you want.
Ok which of the multiple times the jazz did a short rebuild help the jazz be contenders? It doesn’t work for a small market, you need to be patient and build through the draft to build a core, then you make a big trade with the many assets you’ve acquired. This needs to be a three or four year process. You just want the jazz to make the same damn mistake again and do the same thing that hasn’t worked in the past and left the jazz in purgatory with no way to improve until they decide to blow it up again and start all over. It’s like a bad nightmare.

I want things to be better. I want to be relevant for the first time since the mid to late 90s

Ok which of the multiple times the jazz did a short rebuild help the jazz be contenders? It doesn’t work for a small market, you need to be patient and build through the draft to build a core, then you make a big trade with the many assets you’ve acquired. This needs to be a three or four year process. You just want the jazz to make the same damn mistake again and do the same thing that hasn’t worked in the past and left the jazz in purgatory with no way to improve until they decide to blow it up again and start all over. It’s like a bad nightmare.

I want things to be better. I want to be relevant for the first time since the mid to late 90s
Who are we tanking for this year?

The last short rebuild yielded a team that became a #1 seed. I am pro-tank in general, but there are many recipes to find success (and failure).

this year's draft seems fairly flat in the top 5-8. I'd still rather draft higher and get our guy but I won't be too hurt if we end up losing our pick or getting a 7-9th pick this year. Next year is the year to do a full tear down and move Lauri if you can't put another star around him. I would do it this year for a big, big trade package.

The last short rebuild yielded a team that became a #1 seed. I am pro-tank in general, but there are many recipes to find success (and failure).
Yes those teams were always a great regular season team that particular year was helped by the fact that we got off to such a fast hot start. Then look how we crapped all over our selves in the playoffs. Those teams were such fools golf
this year's draft seems fairly flat in the top 5-8. I'd still rather draft higher and get our guy but I won't be too hurt if we end up losing our pick or getting a 7-9th pick this year. Next year is the year to do a full tear down and move Lauri if you can't put another star around him. I would do it this year for a big, big trade package.
If we are being honest with our selves. It would help in the long run to trade Lauri if we get a block buster offer

Yes those teams were always a great regular season team that particular year was helped by the fact that we got off to such a fast hot start. Then look how we crapped all over our selves in the playoffs. Those teams were such fools golf

If we are being honest with our selves. It would help in the long run to trade Lauri if we get a block buster offer
I’ve given you a lot of **** the last few weeks but want you to know I don’t think you are wrong here with the Lauri thought. You really can’t tank the next 2.5 years with him on the roster… so if you don’t believe you can build something around him then that needs to be on the table. I’m just not gonna root hard for losses at this point. I don’t see the all star trade appearing at this point. Closest we would get is Lavine or Dejounte Murray. Not sure what that does for us.

Even if we pulled the plug and traded Lauri we’d be in a better spot than Detroit/Charlotte/and other perpetual bottom feeders because we’d have like 15 firsts and already a few promising young players in the pipeline.

I already told you that the only teams to plow in the darkest cellar for 3+ years and win a chip in the past 20 years are the Cavs and the Lakers, and both of them signed Lebron as a FA so they kinda cheated.

Yet former stuck in mediocre teams have won 3 of the last 5 chips.

I’ve given you a lot of **** the last few weeks but want you to know I don’t think you are wrong here with the Lauri thought. You really can’t tank the next 2.5 years with him on the roster… so if you don’t believe you can build something around him then that needs to be on the table. I’m just not gonna root hard for losses at this point. I don’t see the all star trade appearing at this point. Closest we would get is Lavine or Dejounte Murray. Not sure what that does for us.

Even if we pulled the plug and traded Lauri we’d be in a better spot than Detroit/Charlotte/and other perpetual bottom feeders because we’d have like 15 firsts and already a few promising young players in the pipeline.
Ya, and I’m not proposing we just trade him for any deal. I think we’d still have Rudy had the wolves not gone all in. If someone offers a Rudy type deal then u absolutely do that. But in the mean time you absolutely look to unload guys like JC THT, sexton and Collins and KO

Ya, and I’m not proposing we just trade him for any deal. I think we’d still have Rudy had the wolves not gone all in. If someone offers a Rudy type deal then u absolutely do that. But in the mean time you absolutely look to unload guys like JC THT, sexton and Collins and KO
I agree and that time is coming soon. Clarkson is picking his play up in time to be trade eligible. They are also showcasing him in the bench role (the role he'd have on any other team). I just worry Ainge gets greedy with all these guys and prioritizes maximizing value over just getting a few seconds and expiring money. Hopefully he learned his lesson last year and fires up the tank earlier if that is the route we pick.

I love the fiction that the Spurs are a small market.
Its not fiction though.

Spurs/San Antonio rank right around Jazz/SLC in most market valuations. Forbes ranked them 2 slots above us at 19 two months ago, which was the most current and credible one. Many others had them below us.

The city itself might be 7x bigger but they got a lot more competition in the state for sport fans attention.

Its not fiction though.

Spurs/San Antonio rank right around Jazz/SLC in most market valuations. Forbes ranked them 2 slots above us at 19 two months ago, which was the most current and credible one. Many others had them below us.

The city itself might be 7x bigger but they got a lot more competition in the state for sport fans attention.

Market valuation is not the same as media market size or fan-base size.

I agree and that time is coming soon. Clarkson is picking his play up in time to be trade eligible. They are also showcasing him in the bench role (the role he'd have on any other team). I just worry Ainge gets greedy with all these guys and prioritizes maximizing value over just getting a few seconds and expiring money. Hopefully he learned his lesson last year and fires up the tank earlier if that is the route we pick.
I’m not so worried about that he did after all trade Bogey straight up for KO, when I thought a contender would at least pony up a future highly protected first.

frustrated the way the jazz have always been treated by some media. the jazz are not a minor league team. every trade proposal i hear suggest the jazz should just give players away to other teams, or take back bad contracts or just do whatever the can to assist other teams.

just heard a KO trade proposal to the knicks for a second round pick. Hell why would do that? Also seen a lot of lauri trade proposals.
First never, ever trade a 26 year old NBA allstar player that has publically just said he loves Utah, wants to stay in Utah and believes we are on the right track. If we are going to trade lauri it has to be a huge offer. i listened to a podcast over the weekend and these 2 yahwhos kept throwing out trade ideas. each offer had utah getting a ****** player with a bad contract or 1 or 2 protected picks. why even discuss it if you are not serious.
i just pisses me off that former players, the press and just about everyone else just thinks we suck and only exist to make other teams better.
You're sick of reality? You're sick of media and what makes them money?

You're cute.

Get in your lane and understand life.