What's new

Sign Jason Collins

If Utah is looking for a 3rd string big man/ mentor and Jason Collins is the best available, then I think they should bring him in. That said, I do not live in Utah but know that Utah monies helped to back Yes on Prop 8 in California and the Boy Scouts of America which have strong roots in Utah have not supported gay rights, so I seriously wonder how the Utah fan-base would react to an openly gay player. Even if the Jazz management and players wanted and supported Collins on and off the court, would the fans? I am seriously asking.

Yes, though the likelihood is not large, there are reasons that could be imagined for the Jazz to offer a spot to Collins. And though I'm often cynical toward Utah, I think that even if there's a little fluff thrown around by a few people, the fan base and area would support Collins quite well.

Whether it's Jason Collins or Jimmer Fredette - don't bring in players because you're simply hoping for PR. Bring in players because they help your team. At this point Jason Collins is bad at basketball - so no thanks.

Last edited:
If we signed him he would be drooling over Kanter's naked body all season. How would he stay focused? No gay man should suffer such torment.

enes-kanter-workout-03-608x1024.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=afJbUZCqXjo

Why does he care? Also, why does it mean he is immoral just because he is gay? I don't understand this point of view, and I don't like it. And I am a christian person who values my faith in god. To bring religion into this is annoying. ESPN does not need to be talking about sinners and what not. They should talk about sports. I like what Charles Barkley said on tnt tonight. He said "first of all, I want to ask, why does it matter if we know who he sleep with?" It should not matter. Unless it is Kobe, then he should be put away for being a rapist. haha, had to throw that one in there.

Why does he care? Also, why does it mean he is immoral just because he is gay? I don't understand this point of view, and I don't like it. And I am a christian person who values my faith in god. To bring religion into this is annoying. ESPN does not need to be talking about sinners and what not. They should talk about sports. I like what Charles Barkley said on tnt tonight. He said "first of all, I want to ask, why does it matter if we know who he sleep with?" It should not matter. Unless it is Kobe, then he should be put away for being a rapist. haha, had to throw that one in there.

Why does it mean he's immoral because he's gay? If you're a Christian, you should know the answer to that.

As for why he's talking about it...I believe they asked him to. He is allowed to have an opinion, and calling ESPN a sports show is hardly accurate anymore. They're becoming more and more like TMZ.

Why does it mean he's immoral because he's gay? If you're a Christian, you should know the answer to that.

As for why he's talking about it...I believe they asked him to. He is allowed to have an opinion, and calling ESPN a sports show is hardly accurate anymore. They're becoming more and more like TMZ.

yeah, espn sucks. I have a different view of gay people than most christians, I guess. I see the argument of premarital sex being immoral, and promiscuity, but married gay people should be just the same as married straight people in my opinion. It is his opinion though, but I have never liked him much.

yeah, espn sucks. I have a different view of gay people than most christians, I guess. I see the argument of premarital sex being immoral, and promiscuity, but married gay people should be just the same as married straight people in my opinion. It is his opinion though, but I have never liked him much.

The show is called "Outside The Lines" it deals with issues in sports that go on outside the game. Hence "Outside the Lines".

Before Brousard they have two of their openly gay writers come on and talk about it.

Make this post in the GD board and I can explain it to you. I don't want to clutter up this board, after all...it is a sports board.

Whether it's Jason Collins or Jimmer Fredette - don't bring in players because you're simply hoping for PR. Bring in players because they help your team. At this point Jason Collins is bad at basketball - so no thanks.

but but bit he is gay, we needz him

If LeBron James revealed he was gay and was a free agent, of course I'd want the Jazz to sign him. But were talking about Jason Collins, that's a whole different story...whether he's straight, gay, bi, transsexual, whatever...he ain't worth a damn as a basketball player.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2