Simple Poll - Vote!

Chat Transcript Behavior

• Leave chat stand-alone, don't post transcripts anywhere

Votes: 31 32.0%
  • Post chat transcripts to the game thread like before

Votes: 20 20.6%
  • Post chat transcripts to their own thread like the Warriors game

Votes: 38 39.2%
  • I don't use game threads or chat, really.

Votes: 8 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jason

Administrator
Staff member
We have chat and game threads. Do you care?

Edit: Chat will stay. Please place your vote based on chat being an option on the site. We're just talking about what to do with the transcripts, if anything. Thanks!

Last edited:
I don't mind the chats being posted, because I'd rather it be there than not BUT I believe the chat enables the continuation of crappy game thread.

Count me as a GF torn, too.

I think jazzfanz should tank for a better pick...

I like game threads. I use them but not during the game.

I strongly prefer chat during the game when I am watching them live. It is a much better discussion and you dont have to refresh anything which means posts are more timely and you can respond.

That said I dont ever re read the chat and would be okay with it not being saved. I like it being more relaxed discussion that does not need each chat/post scrutinized and hashed out like it is in the game thread.

But frankly I am happy with whatever options gets picked assuming the chat stays.

Also this game made me appreciate the chat even more after re reading through the game thread posts during the game. I do wish we could make some trades though with some posters on chat with some game thread posters during the game.

Love the chat, and love the game threads. But I think the chat transcript really clutters up the game thread. I think they should stay separated.

I tried chat early on, but I didn't like it and didn't inhale. I like to read the transcripts in the game threads.

Can people place the transcripts on their ignore list?

Last edited:
This. Seems like a simple solution to keep both camps happy.

Oh, and I often read the game threads when I can't watch the games (prime example: last night's Warriors' game), and appreciate the chat logs there. But if the chat logs are separate from the main game thread, I likely wouldn't take the time to look at them separately. May as well not even have the chat logs converted into posts if they're going to be in a separate thread, as far as I'm concerned (prime example: last night's Warriors' game, again).

This poll closes on February seventh. That is not enough time for me to decide.

Don't read any posts but my own so not sure how this effects me.

I rarely come to the game thread during a game. I've never opened chat. But I just browsed through both threads and I think having chat post to a separate thread is dumb. If/when I come here during a game, I would prefer either no chat in the threads or chat posting in the game thread.

Man this is a tough question.
I think I am with the group saying chat should be attached to the gamethread, but require clicking on each installment to expand. I don't mind checking in to see who Yamers is hating on in any particular gamethread. (Btw, he must have hated seeing crappy Ingles sink some shots last night - or did it add to his trade value :) )

Farewell and adieu to game threads forever, farewell and adieu to the threads for the games...
C6pVByZXAAApTso.jpg