Simple Poll - Vote!

Chat Transcript Behavior

• Leave chat stand-alone, don't post transcripts anywhere

Votes: 31 32.0%
  • Post chat transcripts to the game thread like before

Votes: 20 20.6%
  • Post chat transcripts to their own thread like the Warriors game

Votes: 38 39.2%
  • I don't use game threads or chat, really.

Votes: 8 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't understand what the issue is with how it is set up now. I like the ability to go into chat and have live conversations without refreshing a page, and I also like the chance to go to the game thread and post something specific about some awesome moment during the game. Also, sometimes its fun to read back through some of the chat logs to see what the general feel of the game was in case you missed it.

No need to change it up at all.

To me the chats on the game thread are unecessary and unuseful clutter. I go right past them. Those little comments are only the good in the moment, right?

Jason make sure people aren't creating fake accounts to change results

Chat will stay. Please place your vote based on chat being an option on the site. We're just talking about what to do with the transcripts, if anything. Thanks!

I like the game chat but i dont see any point in keeping it, its like a conversation enjoyed in the moment then gone. Keeping it is kinda like taking a scribe to the pub to note the banter while you watch the footy i find it odd.

Have it and let it go off into the ether.

I'd leave them out of game threads but I never understand why people can't look at the poster's name and simply scroll past. From the sounds of complaints, Guantanamo Bay could torture them by making them read facebook.

Ok, here's where we are entering the Suns game. I'm going to have them post to a separate thread based on the poll results. Long-term, I'm heavily leaning toward ignoring the chat transcript altogether. If people chat, they chat. If people game thread, they game thread. The two won't mix and based on usage of the chat transcript thread we'll see whether we keep that anyway.

Democracy-ish!

Ok, here's where we are entering the Suns game. I'm going to have them post to a separate thread based on the poll results. Long-term, I'm heavily leaning toward ignoring the chat transcript altogether. If people chat, they chat. If people game thread, they game thread. The two won't mix and based on usage of the chat transcript thread we'll see whether we keep that anyway.

Democracy-ish!
Coalition? Is it democratic when over 60% of voters don’t want it on a separate game thread? I think we need to be dialectic about it. Just let people fight over it, launch the nukes and see who lives.

I used to fight a lot for the Chat’s existence. It’s a pitty it is a rockstar now that I can’t come as often anymore. Wait. Maybe I was the problem. Now I see...