fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
This **** is so nasty. Can't even see the mountains at all today. I vaguely saw an airplane flying through the haze today and wondered what SLC valley looks like to someone flying in on a day like today.

I took my daughter and dog to the park today to play in the snow and use the playground and later, as I was walking to Harmon's (walking cause I don't want to drive somewhere so close and contribute to this crap) I thought I might be a bad parent for taking her outside in this.

On my walk to the grocery store I'm looking around and thinking that I'm losing some of my life just walking outside right now.

Letting your kids go sledding or build a snowman or have a snowball fight or play football is actually a health risk in SLC winter's now.

Every winter when this crap shows up I start thinking about moving out of here again.
But sadly it seems that the number of cities with crap air are only increasing all the time and fresh air is getting harder and harder to find.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

My dream location is star valley. Right on the border of Wyoming and Idaho. Salt River running through. Jackson hole a short drive away. Grey's River. My kinda paradise.
We'd practically be neighbors :)

This **** is so nasty. Can't even see the mountains at all today. I vaguely saw an airplane flying through the haze today and wondered what SLC valley looks like to someone flying in on a day like today.

I took my daughter and dog to the park today to play in the snow and use the playground and later, as I was walking to Harmon's (walking cause I don't want to drive somewhere so close and contribute to this crap) I thought I might be a bad parent for taking her outside in this.

On my walk to the grocery store I'm looking around and thinking that I'm losing some of my life just walking outside right now.

Letting your kids go sledding or build a snowman or have a snowball fight or play football is actually a health risk in SLC winter's now.

Every winter when this crap shows up I start thinking about moving out of here again.
But sadly it seems that the number of cities with crap air are only increasing all the time and fresh air is getting harder and harder to find.

It looks like this...20181209_140137.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using JazzFanz mobile app

Winter time the air is filled with nasty inversion smog.
Summers the air is filled with smoke from wildfires.

Dammit fish, if ya keep posting about this I'll get baited into posting something that could get me fired.

You are a fish living in a smog fishbowl. You can escape that fishbowl if you want. Why stay in a fishbowl if you hate the fishbowl, or more importantly if you think it is killing you?

Yup. It sucks. The inversion went all the way to the summit of Parley's today before popping into any kind of light, and it was forming in Park City and Heber.

Dammit fish, if ya keep posting about this I'll get baited into posting something that could get me fired.

You are a fish living in a smog fishbowl. You can escape that fishbowl if you want. Why stay in a fishbowl if you hate the fishbowl, or more importantly if you think it is killing you?
My job is here. As is my home.

My job is here. As is my home.

Then you have to deal with it. People in Utah should either put up or shut up IMO. I don't see many willing to pay for the lifestyle changes necessary to fix it, only complaining, which is fine, but why complain about something you can fix at a cost if you are willing to put in the effort?

I deal with this stuff daily and it gets exhausting (no pun intended).

How many of you put up with our public transit every day like I do to cut your emissions? Complain about smog and global warming and our marriage to Saudi Arabia human rights abusers all you want. But how many of you are actually sacrificing to solve what you have a problem with? "That's not my job".

How many of you put up with our public transit every day like I do to cut your emissions? Complain about smog and global warming and our marriage to Saudi Arabia human rights abusers all you want. But how many of you are actually sacrificing to solve what you have a problem with? "That's not my job".
I'm more thinking along the lines of developing technology to clean the dirty air or move it out rather than prevent it.

I'm answer to your first question, I would 100% take public transportation to and from work every day if I could. I love riding traxx. Will be using it tonight in fact to go see the Christmas lights. Sadly my work is located where public transportation doesn't go.

I walk to the stores near my house when I can. I bought an electric bicycle to ride to work (cost me $2200). Then it got stolen.