What's new

SLC inversion

I'm more thinking along the lines of developing technology to clean the dirty air or move it out rather than prevent it.

Good luck. People much smarter than me have been thinking about ways to accomplish that for decades. It's not possible.

And yeah, I remember your bike story and thought it cool. I asked you for advice about buying one.

I'm more thinking along the lines of developing technology to clean the dirty air or move it out rather than prevent it.

I'm answer to your first question, I would 100% take public transportation to and from work every day if I could. I love riding traxx. Will be using it tonight in fact to go see the Christmas lights. Sadly my work is located where public transportation doesn't go.

I walk to the stores near my house when I can. I bought an electric bicycle to ride to work (cost me $2200). Then it got stolen.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

How was the bike stolen?

How was the bike stolen?
My garage was open for about 20 minutes.
Somebody on another stolen bike left their stolen bike on my lawn in exchange for mine.
I never left our garage open before. I was in a huge hurry and just ran in to take a super quick shower and then I was going to leave again and they got it in that short window.

I wonder if they kept it or sold it or sold it for parts. I also wonder what they did when the battery died since I had the charger.

How many of you put up with our public transit every day like I do to cut your emissions? Complain about smog and global warming and our marriage to Saudi Arabia human rights abusers all you want. But how many of you are actually sacrificing to solve what you have a problem with? "That's not my job".
I legit can't use public transportation. Carrying around a bunch of tools, wire, and ladders on buses and trains doesn't exactly work. Nor is there an electric pickup truck. If I had an office job, I would either carpool, use public transportation, and/or have an electric car as my commuter.

My garage was open for about 20 minutes.
Somebody on another stolen bike left their stolen bike on my lawn in exchange for mine.
I never left our garage open before. I was in a huge hurry and just ran in to take a super quick shower and then I was going to leave again and they got it in that short window.

I wonder if they kept it or sold it or sold it for parts. I also wonder what they did when the battery died since I had the charger.

Did you check to see if it was covered by your homeowner's insurance?

Did you check to see if it was covered by your homeowner's insurance?
Ya. I didn't really get a solid answer. They they wanted us to submit a bunch of paperwork (police report, bike receipt and serial numbers, etc) and then they just dragged their feet about everything. Wouldn't call us back ever. Put us on hold forever. And they said IF it was covered I would have to pay 1000 dollar deductible and that my rates would probably go up too.

I hate insurance.

I legit can't use public transportation. Carrying around a bunch of tools, wire, and ladders on buses and trains doesn't exactly work. Nor is there an electric pickup truck. If I had an office job, I would either carpool, use public transportation, and/or have an electric car as my commuter.

Yup. And that's why we can't fix the problem because it's not worth it yet. I'm not shaming anyone like you, that's a nonsense approach.

I didn’t think you were shaming.

I figured but wanted to clarify anyway. All the griping about this gets frustrating. Knowing more about this topic than most, having to try and explain in short conversations all the factors but not allowed a free tongue gets frustrating. I'm currently dealing with a breakdown issue that has again gone all the way to the top, and even the source talked down to me like I don't realize their needs. It's frustrating.

But you and fish and others know my work so I figure my word is trusted.