What's new

Slow tank...

The Midnight

#Baby_Talk
Contributor
After tonight's game... I feel like the Jazz has packed it up for the season.

- no real energy from Al & Sap who no longer feels any affiliation to this team

- no real drive from Ty, he's saying 1 thing to the press, doing the exact opposite in the game

The only guys giving a damn about winning are the young guys thrown in with 4 min. left in the game, and 25 points behind.

Call it what you want, but I think the slow tank has started...

Unless this is some secret tanking mission, we need to fire Tyrone Corbin. The guy is utterly incompetent when it comes to rotations.

A slow tank is much more on honorable than a regular tank. The rewards are just a lot different.

- no real drive from Ty, he's saying 1 thing to the press, doing the exact opposite in the game

The only guys giving a damn about winning are the young guys thrown in with 4 min. left in the game, and 25 points behind.

3-12 in last 15.
is the fast tank.

tanking at full speed ahead

A slow tank is much more on honorable than a regular tank. The rewards are just a lot different.

Not sure if serious..

But I personally think it's quite clever. The Jazz makes money selling hope/tickets for 3/4 of the season. Then if we can get the guy we wanted from the draft (i.e., Trey Burke at #10) - then what's the harm?

I'm not saying do it every season. But don't tell me you seriously think we have a chance to contend this year.

I also predict a "Tank for Jabari" strategy next year.

Bill Oram ‏@tribjazz
This is the second time on this trip the Jazz have rallied late to make a blowout look respectable on the scoresheet.

This is also true. Nobody can say we've tanked it like GSW last season.

....well, if the Utah Jazz fan support starts to dry up....they don't sell out games, they give up season tickets and don't renew, tv contracts are cut or diminished, then maybe they will get another coach?

it took you this long. The players quit weeks ago.

....well, if the Utah Jazz fan support starts to dry up....they don't sell out games, they give up season tickets and don't renew, tv contracts are cut or diminished, then maybe they will get another coach?

But what if Ty is "part of" the tank machine? What if he's been sucking it up on purpose with directions from the FO.

If that's the case we're stuck with Ty for a while to come.

what makes you think we're not?

Haha. What a stupid question. We have new coach whose entire career in the NBA depends on performing ASAP and a bunch of older guys in need of their last big contract. So you think those guys made a decision to sacrifice all of that, even tho several of them very probably won't be with the team next year, just so that we can get a lottery pick. And then they forgot to tell the young guys of their plans, since the youth are still playing their asses off and keeping the games close.

Like I said, a stupid ****ing question.