What's new

Snyder must leave!!!!!!

I wasn't a huge fan of Snyder's rotations, but the reality is that he can only roll out the team he's given.

DL and Zanik have given him a roster that just isn't built for the playoff grind.

Simple question. Just look at the roster. Is replacing Snyder alone gonna be enough to push the Jazz over the top? If the answer is No, then firing DL will always be the priority going forward.

Simple question. Just look at the roster. Is replacing Snyder alone gonna be enough to push the Jazz over the top? If the answer is No, then firing DL will always be the priority going forward.
Impossible to say. Him doing a better job against the clippers might have won is a championship this season though.

And if we keep everyone from this season and they all stay healthy then we might be able to win a championship next season as well with quin.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

If we give Quin the talent will he play them? I doubt it. See Shaq Harrison.
Mike Malone doesn't play Shaq much either. Look, if there is a single player who's proven Quin wrong since they left the Jazz we might have an argument. But most of them just straight left the league after that, let alone having much of a NBA career. Shows you the kinda of talent DL is getting you. We have proven NBA talents like Kaminsky and Patrick Patterson who isn't getting any minutes right now. I doubt guys like Morgan, Oni or Brantley would even make it to other teams 15 men roster.

Mike Malone doesn't play Shaq much either. Look, if there is a single player who's proven Quin wrong since they left the Jazz we might have an argument. But most of them just straight left the league after that, let alone having much of a NBA career. Shows you the kinda of talent DL is getting you. We have proven NBA talents like Kaminsky and Patrick Patterson who isn't getting any minutes right now. I doubt guys like Morgan, Oni or Brantley would even make it to other teams 15 men roster.
Jeff green could have helped us a ton this year. At least the way he played after he left us. No idea why they couldn't get that kind of play out of him here.

Jeff green could have helped us a ton this year. At least the way he played after he left us. No idea why they couldn't get that kind of play out of him here.
Except Quin did play him...? Jeff was in the regular rotation when he was here, receiving roughly 20min a game on a nightly basis. It was DL's decision to sign Tucker in his place......cuz he's cheaper?

Except Quin did play him...? Jeff was in the regular rotation when he was here, receiving roughly 20min a game on a nightly basis. It was DL's decision to sign Tucker in his place......cuz he's cheaper?
When Jeff Green was here he really stunk as did Ed Davis. It's like Quin has his system and if a player doesn't fit it too bad. I wonder if Quin thought about designing an offense or set of plays that take advantage of a player's strengths? I don't disagree about the talent level of Oni, Morgan and Brantley. Locke tried to warn us after that draft. Even Melo the Jazz killer tried to warn us saying that JWF was the only talented one of our 2nd year players.

When Jeff Green was here he really stunk as did Ed Davis. It's like Quin has his system and if a player doesn't fit it too bad. I wonder if Quin thought about designing an offense or set of plays that take advantage of a player's strengths? I don't disagree about the talent level of Oni, Morgan and Brantley. Locke tried to warn us after that draft. Even Melo the Jazz killer tried to warn us saying that JWF was the only talented one of our 2nd year players.
The thing is we really struggled during that first half of 2019 season when guys like Conley still trying to get "acclimated" to the new system. Everyone was trying to figure things out collectively as a group. And now we've seen how good Conley could be when he did figure it out. As long as we stuck with Jeff and Quin still played him the minutes he had, who is to say he wouldn't figure it out either? But now we will never know cuz DL just gotta sign his favorite Rayjon Tucker, who was let go six months after while costing us a second round pick in the process.

Now Ed Davis is the one who Quin did leave on the shelf, but his tenure at the Wolves this season showed exactly why we do need to respect Quin's judgement sometimes. And lest not forget DL signed this scrub to a two year deal while only giving Jeff a one year.

Things like these are what convinced me to come to Quin's defense. Tough to work with a FO that constantly made poor decisions.

Last edited:
The thing is we really struggled during that first half of 2019 season when guys like Conley still trying to get "acclimated" to the new system. Everyone was trying to figure things out collectively as a group. And now we've seen how good Conley could be when he did figure it out. As long as we stuck with Jeff and Quin still played him the minutes he had, who is to say he wouldn't figure it out either? But now we will never know cuz DL just gotta sign his favorite Rayjon Tucker, who was let go six months after while costing us a second round pick in the process.

Now Ed Davis is the one who Quin did leave on the shelf, but his tenure at the Wolves this season showed exactly why we do need to respect Quin's judgement sometimes. And lest not forget DL signed this scrub to a two year deal while only giving Jeff a one year.

Things like these are what convinced me to come to Quin's defense. Tough to work with a FO that constantly made poor decisions.
The signing of Tucker was just curious. He had good GLeague stats at the time but it could also be argued that he was the second or third best player on his GLeague team. The Stars had also just beaten Tucker's team for the GLeague showcase championship. So DL and Quin were sending a not-so subtle to the players and coaching staff of the Stars: "We think you guys suck. " Then the comedy continued when we bribed the Cavs with a 2nd round pick to take Tucker off the Jazz hands.

Yeah but Jeff didn't play that well here at all. He really amped up his level of play after he left. Not sure why he didn't play like that here.

I seriously doubt Quinn has zero input into these decisions.

If it was Quin’s idea to let Jeff go on the 24th of December, why would he play him 18min against Miami on the 23rd?
So one anomalous game is analogous to Quinn having zero input. Yeah, ok.

Yeah but Jeff didn't play that well here at all. He really amped up his level of play after he left. Not sure why he didn't play like that here.
People said the exact same thing about Conley in 2019 season. Look how good he is for us this season. At least Jeff's consistent minutes showed Quin's willingness to put trust in his play. Plus we don't really need Jeff to be as good as he has been for the rockets/nets to make a difference for us in the playoffs. All we need is just one good night or even one good quarter from him, it could've been a different series.

I seriously doubt Quinn has zero input into these decisions.
I never said Quin had zero input. But ultimately it's DL who's paid to make decisions on personnel transactions.

We've seen DL working with a different coach(corbin) in the past and it was nothing short of a disaster. Quin can go if nothing changes after we bring in a different GM. At least give him a chance to work with a different FO to see if he still sticks to his old ways.

Last edited:
So one anomalous game is analogous to Quinn having zero input. Yeah, ok.
And i wouldn't call that game versus Miami an "anomalous game" when Jeff actually had played 18min EVERY GAME under Quin.

Like I said, the man was a solid rotation when he was here, playing more minutes than Georges Niang. Why would any coach wanna get rid of one of your regular rotation guys in favor of a G league/end of bench scrub in Rayjon Tucker?