What's new

Snyder to step down - Woj

I would agree, the more uncomfortable a person may feel, the more important is is to have structure around them that will make them comfortable. Johnnie Bryant is someone who has been in Utah for years and built strong relationship with all of his players, there's no doubt his shared experience with the majority of players and his experience living in UTA for so long is a huge point in his favor. The elephant in the room isn't that part of his resume....it's whether or not his relationship with Don and CAA is what gets him the job undeservingly. Quite frankly, Johnnie Bryant is a strong candidate regardless of his relationship with Don/CAA....I do think people are shortchanging his resume and credentials beyond those relationships. But it's fair to raise an eyebrow if he gets hired for that reason. "Wokeness" is so far removed from the situation.
I also have a soft spot for grinders. I want Bryant or Griffen... I might lean more towards Adrian simply because he has a little more experience and I want to see how Don reacts. I don't think this team needs a Stotts type right now though he is a good coach.

In our particular market I think having a black head coach becomes slightly more important as well... not because of wokeness of course but a young black man might feel even more uncomfortable in Utah... having someone they relate to more closely could help that coach be very effective.
As long as management and ownership are making the decision purely based on their perception of the coach's ability to help us win (I assume that's their primary objective), I'm good with it.

I'm not sure fans are ever really in a good position to judge a coaching hire until games start, though. We have no idea how these coaches operate, their communication skills, plans for team development, etc. There must be a very large list of factors GMs and Owners consider. Most of those factors we have fans know nothing about, especially as it relates to a coach that hasn't been an NBA head coach.

Another person I know said that a Stars player last year was complaining about the "weird" offense. The Stars player played four years of college basketball and his father is a former NBA player and current head coach in the GLeague. So it wasn't his first rodeo being exposed to the genius' offense just like Conley complained about it too.
Absolutely, mike was clearly unhappy about the way offense was run this year. He does not justify his poor production as playoff but is part of the explanation. We are all human and if you go to your job every morning ( money has nothing to do with that) with not much motivation, result can't be good. I tell in February that i was shocked at Mike play as he was just doing his minimum and was clearly not happy to play this way. And i can understand that, looking at Clarkson and Don thinking they are Kobe is just not funny.

Ryan Smith is a neophyte who probably doesn't have any meaningful ideas of his own as it pertains to building a competitive basketball team. I mean, he may have played wardball at some point... The less Ryan gets involved and the less he tries to dictate, the more successful he's going to be.
He's a billionaire who bought the team because he liked the Jazz growing up (and its a good investments obviously).

What would any of us do in that situation? We'd all be running the team how we wanted. We'd all probably be pretty bad at it too.

Obviously Ryan Smith is more on the Lopo/White Chocoalte side of basketball IQ, so the franchise is potentially ****ed for the next decade.

Absolutely, mike was clearly unhappy about the way offense was run this year. He does not justify his poor production as playoff but is part of the explanation. We are all human and if you go to your job every morning ( money has nothing to do with that) with not much motivation, result can't be good. I tell in February that i was shocked at Mike play as he was just doing his minimum and was clearly not happy to play this way. And i can understand that, looking at Clarkson and Don thinking they are Kobe is just not funny.
If nothing else a new coach chucking the offense and putting in a more conventional offense might work wonders if the players can react instead of think. The Jazz made the finals running the old old Weber State offense. Basically here are the plays good luck stopping them.

He's a billionaire who bought the team because he liked the Jazz growing up (and its a good investments obviously).

What would any of us do in that situation? We'd all be running the team how we wanted. We'd all probably be pretty bad at it too.

Obviously Ryan Smith is more on the Lopo/White Chocoalte side of basketball IQ, so the franchise is potentially ****ed for the next decade.

If Ryan Smith played a game of 21 with Jeannie Buss and Vivek Ranadive, who do you think would win?

Can someone ban Cy’s alt please or is he wanting to start fresh because he’s lost so many arguments and looks like an idiot on the regular?