What's new

So Cal beaches

bigb

Free at last!!!
Contributor
We gave my kids a trip to Disneyland for Christmas. We'll be gone Feb 7-15 and we're wanting to spend some time on a beach, but don't know which are the best. We're staying in Anaheim, but we are not opposed to traveling a reasonable distance to get to the right spot. Suggestions? Go!

Newport was fun but Huntington was wicked fun. The pier was a lot nicer and cleaner. Do NOT eat at the diner on the pier though, unless you like paying 20 bucks for a real shinty burger.

And...

Hahahaha hahahaha anahahahahahaha. Ha ha. Ha!!!

Have fun in ****sney Land! You poor, poor, son of a bitch.

Hahahaha hahahaha anahahahahahaha. Ha ha. Ha!!!

Have fun in ****sney Land! You poor, poor, son of a bitch.

LOL
my thoughts exactly

Disneyland is where wifegods banish husbands to. I'd rather attend 1000 funerals than be sober in that hell hole, and feel bad for any non-drinker going. My wife has taken our boys there a half a dozen times; I went once and am never going back.

A little advice if you have room, take a stroller even if your kids aren't toddlers. They're a lifesaver and easy to park your lunch, coats, wet clothes, water, souvenirs, etc. while you go on the rides.

A little more advice -- cancel now and go to San Diego/Sea World instead. It's so much better for too many reasons to list.

Disneyland is where wifegods banish husbands to. I'd rather attend 1000 funerals than be sober in that hell hole, and feel bad for any non-drinker going. My wife has taken our boys there a half a dozen times; I went once and am never going back.

A little advice if you have room, take a stroller even if your kids aren't toddlers. They're a lifesaver and easy to park your lunch, coats, wet clothes, water, souvenirs, etc. while you go on the rides.

A little more advice -- cancel now and go to San Diego/Sea World instead. It's so much better for too many reasons to list.

Dogwoof_Documentary_Blackfish_Quad_New_1600_1200_85.jpg

Growing up, I spent most of my summer days on Santa Monica Beach and while I had a blast as a kid, it's a ****hole. Zuma was an okay beach, too. If you're in Orange County, there's no real reason to drive north so stick with Huntington or for a really good and memorable time, head south to Blacks Beach.

Growing up, I spent most of my summer days on Santa Monica Beach and while I had a blast as a kid, it's a ****hole. Zuma was an okay beach, too. If you're in Orange County, there's no real reason to drive north so stick with Huntington or for a really good and memorable time, head south to Blacks Beach.

Heh. Definitely Blacks Beach.

If you just wanted to chill, Aliso Beach and Point Dume are my two favorite spots. Santa Monica/Venice/Manhattan are a lot more exciting if you want to be around interesting people and things to see. Huntington and Newport are inbetween.

Last edited:
Am I the only Dad on here that likes Disneyland?

nope

Its not my first choice for a couple, but your kids will love it and isn't that the purpose of a "family vacation". As for a beach, I prefer Huntington to Newport only because it tends to be less crowded, which is nice after a few days at Disneyland.

Definitely taking a stroller, maybe two small ones.
Doing Sea World a day as well, but we're not going to change hotels, so we'll make that one really long *** day.

Do NOT leave anything on the stroller or it will be stolen before you get 1/4 of the way through the line. Plan on one of you sitting out every single ride if you value your stuff at all.

Do NOT leave anything on the stroller or it will be stolen before you get 1/4 of the way through the line. Plan on one of you sitting out every single ride if you value your stuff at all.

If you don't need the stroller for an actual child, then just bring a backpack. They allow you to bring water bottles, sodas, snacks, sunblock, etc in there. When you go on a ride, put in on backwards (on front) or on the seat next to you if available. Otherwise it stays on your back. You will save a ton vs $3 per soda and other ridiculous snack charges. The weight of the bag get less as the day goes on since you've been eating the contents. You can easily save 20, 30, 40, maybe even $50 per day for a family. I can buy 36 water bottles at Costco/Target/Walmart for less than the price of 2 inside the park.

Am I the only gay guy on here that likes Disneyland?

Fixed. Your posts in the gay marriage thread are all of a sudden a lot funnier.

I'm not a dad yet, but I'd like to go to every Disney park in the world before I die. I dig them.

One word: Asian.

Huh? I was there over this last Thanksgiving (first time in my life, and most certainly, the last) with my entire extended family. We had eight strollers between all of us and we left them unattended for the vast majority of the time. No issues whatsoever.

Huh? I was there over this last Thanksgiving (first time in my life, and most certainly, the last) with my entire extended family. We had eight strollers between all of us and we left them unattended for the vast majority of the time. No issues whatsoever.

Lol nobody wants your ****, even if it's free.

Fixed. Your posts in the gay marriage thread are all of a sudden a lot funnier.

One word: Asian.

Stop bragging about it, or the Gods will find a way to get even.