What's new

So Cal beaches

We have been there several times, and had things stolen every single time. Once we caught a couple of kids (maybe 14 years old) running away with a couple of strollers and everything on them, and they were expelled from the park, but we had to endure the wrath of their parents (temporarily, thank goodness) since we turned in their perfect children for stealing our ****. We have had half-eaten food taken off strollers, the novelty drink cups you can refill (these are hot items apparently), stuffed animals, sunscreen, and even diapers and baby wipes. That was all on 2 different rides. We learned the first time and took the novelty cups and such with us and left them with the attendant while we rode, but that was when they stole the baby stuff and food. I don't think they let you leave things with the attendant while you ride the rides anymore, so be prepared to have one of your group sit each ride out. People suck.

I've been to that god-forsaken place much more times that I wish I'd been and I've never had anything stolen from the stroller. Which shows you the theft there is ping-pong balls, really. Get ready to cough up some serious dough for way, WAY, WAAAAY overpriced Disney merchandise crap. Food there is awful too, if you can bring food from outside - do it. God, I hate Disney...but I will be there next year as well.

We have been there several times, and had things stolen every single time. Once we caught a couple of kids (maybe 14 years old) running away with a couple of strollers and everything on them, and they were expelled from the park, but we had to endure the wrath of their parents (temporarily, thank goodness) since we turned in their perfect children for stealing our ****. We have had half-eaten food taken off strollers, the novelty drink cups you can refill (these are hot items apparently), stuffed animals, sunscreen, and even diapers and baby wipes. That was all on 2 different rides. We learned the first time and took the novelty cups and such with us and left them with the attendant while we rode, but that was when they stole the baby stuff and food. I don't think they let you leave things with the attendant while you ride the rides anymore, so be prepared to have one of your group sit each ride out. People suck.

Shouldn't you be the one thanking God for giving us this inside Disneyland?

Stealing the momma's milk is not cool at all, but if she doesn't take it on the ride then you could chug that sweet womb nectar & spin it that you forgot to bring it and saw some punks run off with your stuff. That or go pro and save it to cook a batch of boob cheese later on.

ticket_price_actual.gif

That's pretty crazy how fast that is rising. Tripled in the last 15 years.

Wow. It has been a few years since I was there last. At $50 it was marginally reasonable. At $100, hell the holy mother **** no.

My favorite beach is a little nook called Torrey Pines. Just to the north of San Diego. . . All I need there is a pooper scooper and my dogs are legit.

Last edited:
I hate Disneyland. My only advice is to get there early. As the day goes on, the ride lines get worse and worse. Good luck. As for beaches, Huntington has always been my favorite.

I love Walt Disney World in Florida, been there multiple times over the years, always stay somewhere on site which makes it much more tolerable. Been to Disneyland three times, once as a kid myself as twice with my own kids. It's not nearly the same pleasant experience as WDW since it's so much smaller and you can't stay on site (well, maybe now you can, but not 20 years ago)

speaking of beaches, has anyone mentioned Seal Beach? That's probably the closest. Never been there though, but I'll bet it's decent.

Venice Beach is a real experience. Probably too far. Your kids would be very intrigued though.

Manhattan Beach is a nice beach and a nice town. The town is right by the beach.

I love Walt Disney World in Florida, been there multiple times over the years, always stay somewhere on site which makes it much more tolerable. Been to Disneyland three times, once as a kid myself as twice with my own kids. It's not nearly the same pleasant experience as WDW since it's so much smaller and you can't stay on site (well, maybe now you can, but not 20 years ago)

speaking of beaches, has anyone mentioned Seal Beach? That's probably the closest. Never been there though, but I'll bet it's decent.

Venice Beach is a real experience. Probably too far. Your kids would be very intrigued though.

Manhattan Beach is a nice beach and a nice town. The town is right by the beach.

They've had a Disneyland Hotel for quite awhile and built some new ones recently, built a shopping center on the property, and the other California Adventure theme park so it's quite a bit bigger if you haven't been there in a few years. But yeah, nowhere close to Disneyworld for sure, though I've never been to DisneyWorld.

Venice Beach is ok if your kids are a little older. It really isn't a great place for the beach per se, but for people watching and ogling weirdos it is pretty good. Just be ready to be followed around the entire day by dozens of aspiring rap artists pushing their self-made dvd's. Hint: they suck. Also, on venice beach you really have to watch your possessions.

So we ended up going to Sunset Beach. The water was a little chilly, but my kids and I enjoyed playing in the rolling waves anyway. They had notices posted about rays in the water, so we were trying to be careful and shuffle our feet and stuff like that. After we played for a while, my older kids said they wanted to go out deeper one last time so I took them out. On our way back in a bigger roller hit us from behind and made me kind of lurch forward a little. The next thing I feel is a sharp pain in the top of my foot. Yep, a ray got me. Let me tell you, that takes about 5 minutes, but then the pain really sets in. That son of a mother hurt like a bitch. My whole ankle and foot swelled up and my whole foot was covered in blood before the lifeguard got there. I hadn't been in that much pain in a long time.
Disneyland was fun, mostly in seeing my kids reaction to it all. We didn't have any problems with things disappearing from the stroller, but then again, we didn't leave anything of value on it. My wife carried her camera on the rides when we all rode, or whoever was sitting off kept it. The best part was that I literally didn't spend a dime in the parks. We took stuff for sandwiches or hit Del Taco before we went in and had a **** ton of treats for the kids.
All said and done, we drove 1644 miles on our 8 day, 7 night vacation, and I didn't kill anyone.

So we ended up going to Sunset Beach. The water was a little chilly, but my kids and I enjoyed playing in the rolling waves anyway. They had notices posted about rays in the water, so we were trying to be careful and shuffle our feet and stuff like that. After we played for a while, my older kids said they wanted to go out deeper one last time so I took them out. On our way back in a bigger roller hit us from behind and made me kind of lurch forward a little. The next thing I feel is a sharp pain in the top of my foot. Yep, a ray got me. Let me tell you, that takes about 5 minutes, but then the pain really sets in. That son of a mother hurt like a bitch. My whole ankle and foot swelled up and my whole foot was covered in blood before the lifeguard got there.

Did the lifeguard just tell you to pee on it and everything would be ok?

Did the lifeguard just tell you to pee on it and everything would be ok?

That's a jellyfish. I already knew about that. What you do is soak it in the hottest water you can stand for a couple hours and take Advil or Ibuprofen for the pain.

That's a jellyfish. I already knew about that.

Haha....I believe it's actually a myth in both cases. I was just joking anyhow. I've seen people use that to play practical jokes on others though. Peeing on their friends in the middle of a public beach.

Venice Beach. Then walk on the board walk towards the Monica pier/beach.

Near Sunset. Then go on the Santa Monica Ferris Wheel at night.

Boom Bitches

I can't wait for July. I plan to hit up my Zion (San Diego) away from "Zion" (Provo).

Point Loma is one of the most beautiful views I've seen in my life. Then I hope to hit up LA and spend some time in Santa Monica and Venice.