What's new

So, I heard another Nugget was stolen by the Jazz...

TBH I wasn't expecting much so I'm pretty pleasantly surprised. With our staff he'll most likely get the coaching and confidence he needs to become an important piece on a good team. Looks to be a great pickup so far.

He seemed stronger than I realized. Couple of times he bullied his way to the rim. Don't see him being a starter, but might be a contributor.

I want to see improvement with his tunnel vision.

Honestly though... we kind of need one rotation piece that has that. There are times when we pass up shots that its nice to have a guy just say eff it imma take it into the paint and bully somebody. As a bench piece it might work. I don't expect him to be that good obvi, but no turnovers and a couple nice passes (Rudy bobbled one on the pick and roll)… I might be cool with a guy just looking to eat.

Honestly though... we kind of need one rotation piece that has that. There are times when we pass up shots that its nice to have a guy just say eff it imma take it into the paint and bully somebody. As a bench piece it might work. I don't expect him to be that good obvi, but no turnovers and a couple nice passes (Rudy bobbled one on the pick and roll)… I might be cool with a guy just looking to eat.
That’s a good point. Dunno if I can get too comfortable with players who don’t APPEAR to me to value possessions.

For now, I’ll refrain from singing his praises after one game. This is clearly something he can improve on... and still eat plenty.

That’s a good point. Dunno if I can get too comfortable with players who don’t APPEAR to me to value possessions.

For now, I’ll refrain from singing his praises after one game. This is clearly something he can improve on... and still eat plenty.

For sure... the career sample size has shown that really isn't who he is. I don't think he's a crunch time guy when possessions matter most, but eating up minutes and creating/scoring through the middle of the game might be his NBA niche.

I literally expected nothing from him... so he has currently exceeded expectations... nice surprise.

conley is sensei, and donnovan, mudiay (and exum) are the students. if we can manage to keep all of them on the team (with mudiay's one year contract) we could have some serious heir apparants.

He had 5 ast in 23 min of play, some of them where very very decent. Not sure tunnel vision would be my biggest concern with him.
You can get tunnel vision forcing a pass which Mudiay has been prone to. Mudiay is a very willing passer, sometimes too much. He gets himself into tough spots and can't get out sometimes.

This game has been a positive but this isn't much different than what he has shown on occasion. I will be a believer when he can string some games

I am off to 23 min lead:). So far looks like the easiest bet I have ever made
This will be fun to monitor.
Wonder if the loser will actually pay up.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

conley is sensei, and donnovan, mudiay (and exum) are the students. if we can manage to keep all of them on the team (with mudiay's one year contract) we could have some serious heir apparants.

Donovan has already surpassed anything Conley ever was. He can learn some things from Conley sure, but last night Conley looked more like a bench-sei.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk