What's new

so, "liking" posts goes away and nobody is talking about it?

What if I told all of you that reputation via the system on this board means nothing? What if I told you that "liking" or "disliking" means nothing? What if I told you that online karma means and has never meant anything? What if I told you that disregarding all of these forum bells and whistles only adds to your experience on this board? It's simple virtual addition by subtraction.

Try it, you might be surprised.

What if I told all of you that reputation via the system on this board means nothing? What if I told you that "liking" or "disliking" means nothing? What if I told you that online karma means and has never meant anything? What if I told you that disregarding all of these forum bells and whistles only adds to your experience on this board? It's simple virtual addition by subtraction.

That's okay. Nothing inherently matters.

Unless of course the like/dislike system is directly tied to a poster's ability to post, start threads, like/dislike their self, or even have a live account here. Then it does mean something. And many on ths board including yourself have bitched about certain users.

What about instead of liking or disliking, we had a scale?

Genius +3 rep
Spot On +2
Solid post +1
C'mon man? -1
That's really bad -2
Don't ever reproduce -3
[MENTION=1]Jason[/MENTION]. This is really an incredible opportunity to make the fun on this forum even more.

Can you work on something?

Cunning maybe you can open a different thread on it.

Pretty sure I'm going to auto-neg all your generic geriatric preaching posts. So formulaic and dry.

Jason, I saw you liked a few posts regarding what I proposed in here. Any idea if we could actually do this? If so, I'd say start everyone at 0 again too...it would make it fun I think and more importantly, regulate some of the nonsense if we tied people's rating to they could or couldn't do on the site.

Jason, I saw you liked a few posts regarding what I proposed in here. Any idea if we could actually do this? If so, I'd say start everyone at 0 again too...it would make it fun I think and more importantly, regulate some of the nonsense if we tied people's rating to they could or couldn't do on the site.

15 minutes up.

I like parts of the idea. It won't be easy to implement but am keeping it in mind next time we do some updates, if possible. Thank you.

Dislike has been added to posts. In addition, something called "Thanks" has been added as well. You may think "Thanks" and "Like" are redundant (and we kinda think so too) but since Tapatalk supports this feature, we've enabled it as well.

These items will be in a trial mode to see how it goes. Feedback is welcome here...

Dislike has been added to posts. In addition, something called "Thanks" has been added as well. You may think "Thanks" and "Like" are redundant (and we kinda think so too) but since Tapatalk supports this feature, we've enabled it as well.

These items will be in a trial mode to see how it goes. Feedback is welcome here...

I think the dislikes may help get rid of some of the negativity around here, myself included. I like it.

Question. If someone receives a dislike, does that take away one like from them?

I think the dislikes may help get rid of some of the negativity around here, myself included. I like it.

Question. If someone receives a dislike, does that take away one like from them?
[MENTION=3213]Cunning Linguist[/MENTION] let's find out.

It's funny that you think that. I'm gonna dislike the **** out of so many posts. I expect negativity to double overnight.

It's funny that you think that. I'm gonna dislike the **** out of so many posts. I expect negativity to double overnight.
People who are vocally negative will be such. This just let's the silently negative people get their hate in.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk