What's new

So, um, we’re the best three point shooting team

quin's offense is all about generating easy open 3s. and we are finally making the most out of them

Ya but we're 20th in attempts....I'd rather be at 4th or 5th in percentage but also be top 10 in attempts.
definitely room for improvement. adding one volume shooter such as Bertans would be a good start. Royce and Niang are both percentage shooters, but they are not really volume shooters. too few attempts

So why are we only 16th in offensive efficiency then? Lack of free throw attempts?
Probably. Without looking at stats it seems like Rudy and bogey are about the only ones who really gets to the line a lot.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Remember how disappointing the first couple months of this season were? I mean our expectations were so high - Conley can't throw it in the ocean, Green and Davis completely underwhelm and then somehow we still manage to emerge with our best team maybe since the Stock / Malone era.

So why are we only 16th in offensive efficiency then? Lack of free throw attempts?
Turnovers (we’ve gotten better there), lower three point attempts early in the year, no offensive rebounding... we were at a possession/shot disadvantage because we weren’t forcing turnovers and we were turning it over a ton. We also loved the midrange... we have been quite good offensively and likely get better when mike returns.

definitely room for improvement. adding one volume shooter such as Bertans would be a good start. Royce and Niang are both percentage shooters, but they are not really volume shooters. too few attempts

Niang is a volume shooter... shoots as many as Bojan per 36. I’d be curious to see how many we shooting in the last 15 games. Our offense has been awesome.

Remember how disappointing the first couple months of this season were? I mean our expectations were so high - Conley can't throw it in the ocean, Green and Davis completely underwhelm and then somehow we still manage to emerge with our best team maybe since the Stock / Malone era.

Yes because we were running nothing but iso single high screen over and over and over and over. Our offensive gameplan was trash. Some people think that Mike being out and Joe starting changed everything. It didn't. Quin ditching the iso garbage in favor of our usual blender offense is what changed things.

Yes because we were running nothing but iso single high screen over and over and over and over. Our offensive gameplan was trash. Some people think that Mike being out and Joe starting changed everything. It didn't. Quin ditching the iso garbage in favor of our usual blender offense is what changed things.
Quin has a pattern on this. He wants to see who can create an advantage, one-on-one, and how they can do it. I think that’s an early stage of building his offense.

But slow starts are a real bummer. The likelihood that seeds 2-6 are separated by just 3-4 games is pretty high. Our December woes could cost us a lot.