What's new

So.... what teams out there need a center?

I think I would only panic trade Collin if Hardy really is going to have him out of the rotation. That would be a mistake and I think its Dunn who should get benched temporarily while we sort stuff out. DA is infinitely more patient than I am so I trust his judgement here. Benching Collin would tank his trade value.

If we want to consolidate a little and get a vet leader... I think Sexton, Simone, Samanic to the Heat for Lowry is a deal they would have some interest in. Gets us some additional cap space... saves Miami a ton of money in tax. Lowry has been grumbly in Miami so he may be okay with it... if he is a starter. I wouldn't enjoy the corpse of Lowry all that much but he is a guy that knows how to win... IDK prolly just need to see Collin versus a non-clippers team and take a chill pill.
If Hardy is pulling his insane conditioning routine again, then we all need to chill.

Its obvious we have 1 extra guy though and the rotations need to be sorted.

I think I would only panic trade Collin if Hardy really is going to have him out of the rotation. That would be a mistake and I think its Dunn who should get benched temporarily while we sort stuff out. DA is infinitely more patient than I am so I trust his judgement here. Benching Collin would tank his trade value.
There's no way Collin isn't in the rotation.we will probably see some 3 guard lineups

Call me crazy but I think THT is easier to trade, less of an enticing player (for me), less of a risk for other teams because what he brings is more consistent. When you trade for THT you are trading for a valuable bench player who has starter minutes in Utah but who doesn't cost you top dollar.

I still love Collins effort and he is the sort of guy you want on your team just because he has that yeoman work ethic.

THT is a black hole, even if he has improved dramatically from last year.

If not THT, then Jordan Clarkson fits the bill, but his contract is amazing so I don't see the need.

KO is not getting you a starting pG...
Wouldn't really want that to be honest. Logjam at the position would be even worse. KO and sexton per say. KO and THT. KO and Dunn. Etc etc.
We might even have some draft picks idk.

If Hardy is pulling his insane conditioning routine again, then we all need to chill.

Its obvious we have 1 extra guy though and the rotations need to be sorted.
Yeah I need to chill. We have some favorable preseason matchups coming… so should have a better read on what kind of shape we are in at the guard spot. It’s just been really ugly and there are some things you can’t unsee.

Umm, yeah, I'm not going to give up on the Collin Sexton plan after two pre-season gams. WTF are y'll thinkin?
Much like when I hook up with your mom... we are just making bad decisions in the heat of the moment.

Yeah I need to chill. We have some favorable preseason matchups coming… so should have a better read on what kind of shape we are in at the guard spot. It’s just been really ugly and there are some things you can’t unsee.
For sure. If he is pushing them then we might face further increase in the hyperventilation.

Did you happen to read the Tony Jones piece from two days ago? I am very suspicious that one came out of his own head.

He didnt quote sources but was very specific and definitive in things like:
- Dunn starting would probably take Sexton out of the rotation (why would he name Sexton specifically?)
- George's areas of development, including how he needs to learn to get over his mistakes and give himself some grace (now does that sound like something that a reporter says without hearing it from elsewhere?)

If that article is based on some heart to heart with Hardy, then it seems like they just have to consolidate. Dunn has been too good to ignore and might be our best option, George is NBA ready (offensively) so he needs minutes, Clarkson is obviously too good to be benched, THT has been the best off the dribble scorer plus he is young and on a contract year, Sexton works hard and is too talented to be deep bench.

So if we trade for a guy, be sure to send 2 guys out. Or then make 1 for 1 trade but the guy we bring in is some raw guy with upside so he can be a deep bench project.
I have no idea what you mean by NBA ready but I don't think anyone knows that yet about Keynote and if Hardy and the Jazz FO believed that I doubt they would have been trying to find a real PG. I hope he surprises me but if he is "ready" as a 19 year old he is way ahead of schedule by all accounts. I can see him getting some spot minutes and I can also see him spending time in the G league. Call me a synic but playing well in the summer league has never been an indicator of readiness for me.

I have no idea what you mean by NBA ready but I don't think anyone knows that yet about Keynote and if Hardy and the Jazz FO believed that I doubt they would have been trying to find a real PG. I hope he surprises me but if he is "ready" as a 19 year old he is way ahead of schedule by all accounts. I can see him getting some spot minutes and I can also see him spending time in the G league. Call me a synic but playing well in the summer league has never been an indicator of readiness for me.
To me NBA ready for a rookie means he can at least be rotational quality contributor. Doesnt mean starter quality let alone a star.

However Keyonte wont be a solid starting lead guard for a while. Needs to be able to defend NBA first unit guards on at least a decent level and needs to learn how to run an offense.

Jrue would have been one of the best guys to learn from who also helps us compete in the now.