What's new

So where does Dwill live now?

Beantown

I have been reading about this in a couple of other threads. The only thing I could catch is someone saying it is Dallas. I find this really odd and sort of alarming. Here is why:

-Dwill always said he loves Utah in the offseason because of the great golfing.

-He is a member of Glenwild Country Club in Park City, which cost him between 150,000 to 200,000 dollars. I also heard he bought some land up there which would cost close to a million. As well as about 30,000 plus a year in dues.

-Glenwild is really only open for golf during the offseason months (May-Sepetermber). So why is he paying so much money for something he will not be using? He was up there constantly last summer and has many close friends there. He even golfed with Michael Jordan a few times.

-Dallas sucks for golf in the summer. Way too hot and humid.

-It just seems odd he is up and moving to Dallas after all these offseason investements here in Utah as well as golfing in Dallas in the summer would be hell.

Anyone heard anything or have any insight? It just worries me that he is already planning his departure. But hopefully this is me just being paranoid.

I just read some Ross Siler tweets saying that Deron just bought a house on a golf course in San Diego.

Why the sudden widespread Deron panic? He's gonna be in a Jazz uni this season and next. Way too far in the future to get your briefs in a twist just yet. Stuff will work itself out.

Do ya think DWill might have 2 or 3 houses or condos? Maybe he divides his time between a few locations during the summer. No doubt he has a lot of friends in Dallas still, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't play his whole career with the Jazz. Both Stockton and Malone left Utah after their careers were over. Granted, they lived in Utah during their playing careers, but there's nothing that says DWill can't have a house or condo in Park City during the winter and then head to Dallas, San Diego, etc. in May for a few months.

When you are making $15 million a year or so, I think you can afford more than one country club membership and house.

When you are making $15 million a year or so, I think you can afford more than one country club membership and house.

I agree, the house in San Diego makes alot of sense because he could golf there year around. I was more addressing the situation where he is spending the majority of his time in Dallas during the summers over Utah. When Utah clearly meets his needs more for golfing which is what he mostly does during the offseason and has already put an investment into.

Golfing in Texas in the summer is almost an impossibility. So it just seems a little odd to me if this is the case.

Williams was under orders to take it easy this off-season to give his wrist a chance to heal. I doubt he did much golfing anywhere.

If anything, this offseason has proven that the Jazz Front Office is ahead of the curve on letting Deron walk. What they pulled off after Boozer walked was nothing short of amazing. It made me much more at ease in regards to D-Willl's future in Utah. They are clearly intent on surrounding D-Will with the type of talent that is very hard to walk away from.

But then again Id pick Utah over Texas

Which is the purpose of this thread, we know Dwill loves golf so why Dallas? If he was living in San Diego I could care less. Its just scary to think that he really wants to live there. Even if it sacrifices the golf and the offseason investments he has already purchased here in Utah.

Which is the purpose of this thread, we know Dwill loves golf so why Dallas? If he was living in San Diego I could care less. Its just scary to think that he really wants to live there. Even if it sacrifices the golf and the offseason investments he has already purchased here in Utah.

Seriously who cares where he lives or lived? Yall shoulb be off this topic already. You do realize that Stockton NEVER lived in SLC during the offseason. I hope you are also not under the impression that Utah is a Golf Mecca. There are so many better places to tee up in the summer than Utah. He is a multi millionaire, he will have houses where ever he wants, he will buy many country club memberships and they may not all be in Utah, and he will have many different charites he supports.

I just heard Derron Williams will be moving to Africa to join the vuvuzela army stamped heading towards Brazil's World Cup.

You know that's where he's from, right? Maybe he likes to have his own place to stay when he visits family and/or he actually lets family live there.

A couple of things...

1) Is it confirmed that he recently purchased a property in Dallas?

2) Is it possible that he got bored of golfing at the Glenwild Country Club - I mean not all golf courses are the same, right?

3) Ok - I don't want to be alarmed neither but consider this. Carmelo is considering not signing an extension with 1 year left on the contract. Denver could do nothing about it except to trade him for some role players, and is ultimately be heading into a rebuilding phase as well as being stuck with Kmart, Nene, and Co's contract for years to come. Isn't it time that we start to consider the possibility of Dwill's situation? I mean, this time next year we could be in a similar situation Denver is now - except the remaining year on Dwill's contract may or may not be a lock out - and I assume much harder to get any good trades out of!

Not wanting to panic here, and certainly doing nothing would be much simpler. However, I am 100% sure that KOC would be pondering this question/issue as well, unless until Dwill signed a muti-year extension with the Jazz soon.

One year from now this thread may sound stupid (i.e., Dwill signed an extension) which I hope it will - or sound absolutely genius (i.e., Dwill opts out) which I hope it won't!