What's new

Someone told me today that

It would be nice if they can find a better spot for the Stars to play their games. Salt Lake Community College has a high school gymnasium feel to it.

If the Jazz are going to do this, why not move the team back to Boise. They had a nice downtown arena.

Because if Cedar City covered an entire state, it would be Idaho. Also St. George is an hour and a half drive from Vegas and an even shorter flight. Training camp in St. George was awesome.

I can now say it's 100% true it's a discussion. Not at all imminent, but it has been a topic of discussion for about a year.

Have no clue why they would do it... can't think of any good reason.

Fond memories of downing a burger at Nicos Burger with Big Dog Antione Carr during Jazz Training Camp in St. George.

I could definitely see the Jazz financing their own P3 like operation and placing it in St. George. Not a lot of distraction, easy to get in and out of, and it is a pretty Zen location. Think about all of those fitness resorts by Snow Canyon. I would suspect it would not by used exclusively by Jazz Players.

Fond memories of downing a burger at Nicos Burger with Big Dog Antione Carr during Jazz Training Camp in St. George.

I could definitely see the Jazz financing their own P3 like operation and placing it in St. George. Not a lot of distraction, easy to get in and out of, and it is a pretty Zen location. Think about all of those fitness resorts by Snow Canyon. I would suspect it would not by used exclusively by Jazz Players.

And I have 540 acres of raw land at Snow Canyon.
Greg is in the loop.

They should build a 2500-5000 seat arena at the Gateway, State st, main st, or near trolley square for stars, wnba, and to add an arena of that size downtown for concerts and events.

SLC has a need for a venue that size imo.

Thinking about it a little more. ..

The county offered one of 2 parcels on West temple connected to the Salt palace for a convention center hotel. The northern parcel next to umoca caused quite a stir with residents of 99 west who were worried about losing their expensive views of the valley as well as people concerned about Temple views. That would be a great spot. It is connected to UMOCA, the symphony, and critically the convention center.

It's almost too perfect as the Jazz own a smaller parking lot abutting the spcc near 300 N w temple that could be traded to the county for storage of freight during conventions. Everybody would win (except for DR pkm).

Greg Foster?

greg-foster-of-the-utah-jazz-digs-in-on-defense-against-the-chicago-picture-id75254904

And I have 540 acres of raw land at Snow Canyon.
Greg is in the loop.

I'd pursue the fitness resort angle regardless of the involvement from the Jazz. Those places are raking in the cash hand over fist and are booked years out. Snow Canyon is like Sedona without all the Hippies and pretention. I can reference you a good builder. . . :)