What's new

Sorry Jazz fans – Ben is the NBA Rookie of the Year

he is austrailian. doesn’t matter what you guys say. he will always suck simmon’s ***

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

There is also 1 rookie who ever lead their team in scoring over an 11 game winning streak.

So DM is blazing new trails, Simmons just copying someone else.

So DM is blazing new trails, Simmons just copying someone else.
No, Simmons set the record for the worst free throw shooting rookie ever at his volume.

He also tied a few people with the worst 3 point shooting percentage in NBA history at 0%.

But he did get a lot of rebounds despite 90% of them being uncontested.

But I did find out in this thread that 15ppg is scoring at will so apparently the NBA has 50+ players that can score at will. So he has that going for him.

Also Simmons is an elite defender except in the 4th quarter where he is average and Mitchell is the better defender.

Joking aside I think Simmons will get this record but not because Mitchell didn't deserve it just as much as Simmon's. They both have done very impressive things this year and its really hard to compare two very different players. Both were a big part of their teams impressive records.

When you look it from Ben's side of things, staying sidelined for a whole 1st year makes you ineligible for the ROY if you change the rule. I get it.

BUT

Ben had the chance to pump his body up whole season instead of playing games. He got ready for the action more than someone from 2017 class.

AND

People miss chances for success when they get injured. Deal with it. Injury is a part of this profession.

I think changing the rule is the more just thing to do. Above all, being this great athletically, this ready to play straight away, not hitting a rookie wall is something absolutely special for DM.

Jesus this thread is still going? if i found a hooker that worked this hard for so little, i'd pimp the bitch

I think Simmons solidified ROY with that 13 game run to end the season without Embiid.

I have no problem with Ben winning but with all we know now if you offered me Simmons or DM in a redraft I'd pick DM without hesitation.

9 straight wins without Embiid and the winning streak is now 17. The 76ers are playing very well atm.

Ben with stat line of
17/9/14/2 against Miami Heat for the 1st game of round 1 playoff

Last edited:
9 straight wins without Embiid and the winning streak is now 17. The 76ers are playing very well atm.

Ben with stat line of
17/9/14/2 against Miami Heat for the 1st game of round 1 playoff

Disclaimer: This is happening in the very poor Eastern Conference.

Ben with stat line of
17/9/14/2/5 turnovers and 5th on the team in +/- against Miami Heat for the 1st game of round 1 playoff

Pretty impressive.

Disclaimer: This is happening in the very poor Eastern Conference.

17 wins is ****in nuts no matter who you’re playing. That said, it’s a lot do with Simmons, but imo more to do with how deep the offense goes on that team.

It seems like the 76ers are playing better without Embiid. The way they are playing now is Simply incredible

Yes, but Marco and Ilyasova make this team better, without them they would be in 6 or 7 for the playoffs. Their offensive power is impact, not Ben's.

Yes, but Marco and Ilyasova make this team better, without them they would be in 6 or 7 for the playoffs. Their offensive power is impact, not Ben's.

To prove his greatness, simmons needs to play with teenage basketballers, right ?

what a dumb comment. Without Gobert and Rubio, the jazz would not have made the playoff.

Last edited: