What's new

Sorry Jazz fans – Ben is the NBA Rookie of the Year

Scoring in the paint at will ... to the tune of what ... 15 ppg. He’s unstoppable .. who needs dem 3 balls

Mitchell took a lot more shots than simmons, most of which were 3 pointers, but still only averaged 4 points more than Ben. Not to mention Mitchell's ineffecient shooting compared to Ben's shooting

A 14 years old is raping this forum for the love of a dog!

Maybe that’s just what it takes for him to get some dog love. His dog apparently needs to be impressed by stellar trolling before giving utahjazzz some *** I reckon.

When *** (booty) start being censored?

Tbh, I would love to see them both as co-roy. They both have been fun to watch and they're great for the NBA. Both have legitimate arguments as to why they're the better of the two.
aint gonna happen. What are odds of 100 voters splitting exactly equally

Simmons has the better numbers but the context in which Mitchell has put up his is more impressive imo. Tho both are deserving & I can see the argument for either

Maybe that’s just what it takes for him to get some dog love. His dog apparently needs to be impressed by stellar trolling before giving utahjazzz some *** I reckon.

One would assume Fido would take him doggy style. Mind you dog ****ing isn't really my area of expertise.

Simmons has the better numbers but the context in which Mitchell has put up his is more impressive imo. Tho both are deserving & I can see the argument for either

I seriously think they should spit the award, much like Kidd and Hill, both have had fabulous years, Simmons has filled the stat sheet, done some great things, like Hill when he came into the league he can't shoot to save his life.

Donovan has really blown away everyone's expectations away, not just his scoring but his clutch play, solid D, winning mentality, he has been a huge part of getting this team into the playoffs.

One year into their careers both of them are looking like hall of famers, its extraordinary.

I mean, it's happened 3 times in the last 50 years so 6%, guy.
They have changed the voting. The current voting system has had a split vote 0 times.

It's just 100 media type people voting. If some of them vote a split that will probably hurt Mitchell more than Simmons in the end. The chances of exactly half voting for each seems unlikely.

But I do think it would be a good choice if it ended up that way.

There were almost 50 nba rookies who averaged 20+ points per game for their first nba regular season. Mitchell is one of them.

OTOH, There were only 2 nba rookies ever who had 1200 pts, 600 rebounds, 600 assists for their debut season, Oscar robertson and Ben simmons. Mitchell is a " once a half decade talent ", but Simmons is an once in a life time talent.
There is 1 rookie who made more than 185 3 pt'ers in a their rookie season.