What's new

Sources: Bobby Portis significantly interested in Utah

I have no idea what his market is and I haven’t done a deep dive on his performance but he’s who I would’ve drafted in 2015. I’m a sucker for tough players that can shoot a basketball.

Breaking news...
Per Tony Jones, everyone has interest in Utah.
Tony just going to keep throwing names out there until the Jazz sign someone. Then he can bump the applicable tweet and say, "see, I was right." Tony has about as much credibility as a certain poster who does the same thing here with draft prospects 4 years in advance.

Breaking news...
Tony just going to keep throwing names out there until the Jazz sign someone. Then he can bump the applicable tweet and say, "see, I was right." Tony has about as much credibility as a certain poster who does the same thing here with draft prospects 4 years in advance.

No, that’s not Jones at all. If he’s reporting it it’s because he is hearing it. You do him a big disservice by this.

Breaking news...

Apparently you don't follow him very closely. Tony is very credible and accurate in his reporting.

Last edited:
Breaking news...

What did Tony do to you?

I'm all for signing Portis but I don't see why Washington would let him go?
Cap hell. They can't (or shouldn't) retain both Parker and Portis. They must decide on Parker's 20M first. And even then, it will cost them a lot to retain players like Satoransky or Portis

Cap hell. They can't (or shouldn't) retain both Parker and Portis. They must decide on Parker's 20M first. And even then, it will cost them a lot to retain players like Satoransky or Portis
They already declined Parker's option though, and I think that Portis would be a better bet than Jabari going forward but I know that's a point of contention.

Breaking news...

Any base for questioning Tony's credibility? Has he done something like Chris Broussard?

They already declined Parker's option though, and I think that Portis would be a better bet than Jabari going forward but I know that's a point of contention.
Thanks, I wasn't aware they already decided. Even now, their salary situation is hell, and for a team that it's not going to make the playoffs.

What is portis mindset? I mean is he a good teammate? Since his fight in Chicago, I don't really have a good opinion of him. Just don't want him come to destroy the chemistry and make a mess!

Sent from my MI 9 using JazzFanz mobile app

He's restricted people...it ain't going to happen.
There is absolutely ZERO chance Dennis would waive Favors in order to make an offer to a restricted FA. And Portis is different, but not better than Derrick. WAS will be keeping Portis and negotiating a lower per year deal with Jabari, but for more years.

Breaking news...

Horsecrap. Jones is the most reliable Jazz reporter of personnel moves.

First, it's impossible to get Tony to say anything about potential players and scenarios. If he's saying something, he knows something. If you follow him, you know how he operates. He hates putting names out there and refuses to do so.

Second, anyone still uttering the words 'Jabari Parker'... did you want to sign Jimmer, too? He's never happening here. Ever.