What's new

Spida’s Ankle

Imagine if Donovan had his own chef or massage therapist!
He should not be able to make any decisions on anyone around him in his life imo. The jazz organization should choose his friends too probably just to be safe

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
And they need to choose me! Or at the very least, remove the restraining order.

FWIW I heard this on a podcast from a national writer (maybe Zach Lowe) and I think Locke said it too. But they said that it's exceedingly common for players, particularly star players, to have private trainers work in conjunction with the team's official medical staff.

FWIW I heard this on a podcast from a national writer (maybe Zach Lowe) and I think Locke said it too. But they said that it's exceedingly common for players, particularly star players, to have private trainers work in conjunction with the team's official medical staff.
Why not when you're making the money they are -- I would too, and I think most of us would. We only have one body and if you're an NBA player you need to be in the best condition possible and have the best medical advice possible. It's always good to have another opinion when it comes to our health.

It’s common for hospitals to have a malpractice policy that covers their physicians. But it’s not uncommon to hear of the importance of having your own malpractice, because the primary goal of the hospital is to protect itself, with protecting you being a distant secondary goal.

It’s common for hospitals to have a malpractice policy that covers their physicians. But it’s not uncommon to hear of the importance of having your own malpractice, because the primary goal of the hospital is to protect itself, with protecting you being a distant secondary goal.
****ing diva doctors

IT IS, but on the bench during games? Not really. The Jazz just won’t say no because he’ll throw a **** fit to the media like the little diva he is. If you think the Jazz medical staff want him on their bench you’re insane.

There’s a difference between doctors/medical staff and trainers.

No. But they should choose who sits on THEIR bench during a ****ing game, and I can assure you the Jazz staff don’t want him there. It is total and utter garbage he isn’t listening to the Jazz medical staff when he is obviously not right either. He seriously hurts himself and it’s them paying that injured dude $200 million.
Thing is, you can't assure me of that unless you are also sitting on the jazz bench.

IT IS, but on the bench during games? Not really. The Jazz just won’t say no because he’ll throw a **** fit to the media like the little diva he is. If you think the Jazz medical staff want him on their bench you’re insane.
Why would that be insane. They get paid the same and get help so they have to do less? Sounds like a pretty sweet deal for them.

Plus they don't have to deal with the diva as much! Win win win.

The difficult truth is that this is only going to get worse as the playoffs progress. It's obviously hurt enough that normal things, like stopping hard, are enough to tweak it again. Every tweak builds up cumulative trauma on the ankle. I knew this was going to be a problem when he came up hobbled after that hard stop in the first half. On replay it wasn't anything crazy, the ankle didn't role, quite frankly it was something a normal healthy athletes ankle would have handled just fine. This is very concerning. Without Mitchell we will lose 4 straight to the clippers even with Conley. We need him for any thoughts of a deep run.

I'm really hoping he can get the rest he needs and that he can at least be functional. But it won't take much to push that ankle over the edge. And I'm really afraid at this point it's just a matter of time. It's not if, but when, as he keeps playing on it injured.

I get that he has no other option, but we need to be prepared for the one time he comes down from some high-flying move and lands just wrong enough to take him out of the playoffs.

The difficult truth is that this is only going to get worse as the playoffs progress. It's obviously hurt enough that normal things, like stopping hard, are enough to tweak it again. Every tweak builds up cumulative trauma on the ankle. I knew this was going to be a problem when he came up hobbled after that hard stop in the first half. On replay it wasn't anything crazy, the ankle didn't role, quite frankly it was something a normal healthy athletes ankle would have handled just fine. This is very concerning. Without Mitchell we will lose 4 straight to the clippers even with Conley. We need him for any thoughts of a deep run.

I'm really hoping he can get the rest he needs and that he can at least be functional. But it won't take much to push that ankle over the edge. And I'm really afraid at this point it's just a matter of time. It's not if, but when, as he keeps playing on it injured.

I get that he has no other option, but we need to be prepared for the one time he comes down from some high-flying move and lands just wrong enough to take him out of the playoffs.
Well, you're no doubt right about this. Guess we need to keep our fingers crossed.

Thing is, you can't assure me of that unless you are also sitting on the jazz bench.

I can assure you by the fact a couple weeks ago their was tension, frustration, and disagreement. No, having your personal guy on the Jazz bench is just diva level BS. Imagine if every player on the roster had their own personal dude sitting on our bench on things like this. It’s asinine and creates conflict that does not need to exist. It’s already proven to create problems. YOU DONT NEED OR WANT MORE AND CONFLICTING VOICES ON YOUR BENCH DURING A DAMN GAME.

Why would that be insane. They get paid the same and get help so they have to do less? Sounds like a pretty sweet deal for them.

Plus they don't have to deal with the diva as much! Win win win.

It has literally already created conflict and issues. Notice how Rudy, Joe, literally no one else has their own team on our bench during a ****ing game? Hell Joe flat out defended the staff after the last incident saying he would NEVER question them. Obviously only one dude feels the need because he’s a baby. The doctors who took care of him for 4 years just can’t be listened to at this point because well……he’s a child who thinks he’s better than everyone else.

It has literally already created conflict and issues. Notice how Rudy, Joe, literally no one else has their own team on our bench during a ****ing game? Hell Joe flat out defended the staff after the last incident saying he would NEVER question them. Obviously only one dude feels the need because he’s a baby. The doctors who took care of him for 4 years just can’t be listened to at this point because well……he’s a child who thinks he’s better than everyone else.
Created conflict and issues? Jazz whooped dat *** in round 1 and are up 2-1 in round two.
If that's conflict and issues then can I have some more please? Might just have enough conflict and issues to win a championship