What's new

Sporting News Top 15 Power Forwards

Finally some respect. https://www.sportingnews.com/list/4656116-power-forward-rankings-nba-2015-16-season-chris-bosh-anthony-davis
1. Anthony Davis
2. Blake Griffin
3. LaMarcus Aldridge
4. Derrick Favors
5. Pau Gasol
I'm shocked that a national sports page has him that high. They put him over Bosh, Gasol, Millsap, and Love. While I'd take him over any of those players at this point I didn't think nationally he'd get near that much respect. As for stuff like the all-star game all 3 of the guys ahead of him are also in the West. So the odds of him making the ASG are probably remote even though he'll be a better player than guys that do. Just like last year, BTW.

LOL saw that as well. I thought it was low, one other player I'm surprised got ranked behind Favors on a national site.

I guess they are just taking recent injury history into account way too heavily. I would still rank Ibaka at least in the top 8.

I'm shocked that a national sports page has him that high. They put him over Bosh, Gasol, Millsap, and Love. While I'd take him over any of those players at this point I didn't think nationally he'd get near that much respect. As for stuff like the all-star game all 3 of the guys ahead of him are also in the West. So the odds of him making the ASG are probably remote even though he'll be a better player than guys that do. Just like last year, BTW.
Yes, I'm surprised too. There are some omissions others have noted, but we now have 3 guys that are arguably top-5 at their positions in Favors, Hayward and Gobert. And I think Hood or Burks will emerge at SG. The future is blinding...if DL can resolve the PG position.

Yes, I'm surprised too. There are some omissions others have noted, but we now have 3 guys that are arguably top-5 at their positions in Favors, Hayward and Gobert. And I think Hood or Burks will emerge at SG. The future is blinding...if DL can resolve the PG position.

yep.

https://www.sportingnews.com/list/4...mcdermott-jordan-adams-tj-warren/slide/344163

https://www.sportingnews.com/list/4...ilchrist-antetokounmpo-sullinger/slide/349733

https://www.sportingnews.com/list/4...mes-carmelo-anthony-kevin-durant/slide/355989

It seems high for "No Favors," but hopefully he proves me wrong.

He would be somewhere in the 8-10 range for me, but with a bullet.

Not bad pub. Right behind 3 bonafide all stars. Hope he lives up to it.

And yeah, Ibaka should be higher. He plays a bit passive on offense, but still...

Is everyone aboard the Trans DF Express?

Sorry, had to do it.

katt-williams.jpg

That should never, be repeated.

Nicknames should be 'earned'... "Trans DF Express" sounds like the name of a children's toy...

I can't understand how that picked up any traction here.

I posted this somewhere with a savvy NBA fanbase, and I think, an odd thing happened. I was expecting more backlash about Favors ranking..

A handful of posters showed up and said 'Bosh should be higher, or Kevin Love'. Maybe 1 or 2 people said Favors was overrated, there was way more positive responses about him though.

Nerlens Noel should be on this list.

Tristan Thompson not being in the top-15 is funny. He wants 3yr/53mil right? Favors has basically 3yr/35 mil left on his deal.

katt-williams.jpg

I can't understand how that picked up any traction here.

It didn't. It was literally 2 posters who liked it, Cy and Dalamon. The rest of us thought it was terrible.

I posted this somewhere with a savvy NBA fanbase, and I think, an odd thing happened. I was expecting more backlash about Favors ranking..

A handful of posters showed up and said 'Bosh should be higher, or Kevin Love'. Maybe 1 or 2 people said Favors was overrated, there was way more positive responses about him though.

I think Bosh would be higher if he weren't coming off his ailment. Love was less featured with the Cavs, so his numbers dropped. Quite a drop for Nowitzki, tbh, more than I'd expect.

It didn't. It was literally 2 posters who liked it, Cy and Dalamon. The rest of us thought it was terrible.

Exactly. And the way they acted like they had found the ultimate Favors nickname was weird.