What's new

Sporting News Top 15 Small Forwards

Hayward over George?
This is going to create some debate. I suspect it's because George was out all year and Hayward had a very good season.

Carmelo would be better if he cared. I would take Hayward over him as he actually plays d. PG is better than Hayward, but it will be interesting to see how he plays after that gruesome injury.

Hayward over George?
This is going to create some debate. I suspect it's because George was out all year and Hayward had a very good season.
The appropriate response to Hayward over George is "suck it paul George"

Carmelo would be better if he cared. I would take Hayward over him as he actually plays d. PG is better than Hayward, but it will be interesting to see how he plays after that gruesome injury.

De acuerdo... 100%. Carmello plays for himself and NY's record shows it. Pouts half the season. If we played like he could then he would be very special. Waste of talent. I would take Hayward over Melo right now too. The Greek Freak won't be too far behind Hayward and George by the end of the season though...

De acuerdo... 100%. Carmello plays for himself and NY's record shows it. Pouts half the season. If we played like he could then he would be very special. Waste of talent. I would take Hayward over Melo right now too. The Greek Freak won't be too far behind Hayward and George by the end of the season though...

I disagree about the Greek freak.

I think he is very over rated..... At least until he can hit a wide open jumpshot

Burks > giannis

Glad to see Hayward getting #5, I agree that he is better than Melo, simply by his attitude. Not to mention he is younger. Paul George may be better by the end of the year, but he is a giant question mark after that nasty injury.

Carmelo sucks so badly that he's advanced in the playoffs multiple times and been the key cog in doing so.

Carmelo sucks so badly that he's advanced in the playoffs multiple times and been the key cog in doing so.
Yup, consistently taking a team as far as one player can. To bad he never made any of his teammates better and always tried doing it ask by himself because he's so ****ing great.

Yup, consistently taking a team as far as one player can. To bad he never made any of his teammates better and always tried doing it ask by himself because he's so ****ing great.

I didn't say he was flawless but the self-gratification over our own players who haven't even gotten us one playoff win yet while tarring and feathering a guy who is arguably the best offensive player in the game is a joke.

I wouldn't want to build around Carmelo either. But he's a pretty damn great player.

I didn't say he was flawless but the self-gratification over our own players who haven't even gotten us one playoff win yet while tarring and feathering a guy who is arguably the best offensive player in the game is a joke.

I wouldn't want to build around Carmelo either. But he's a pretty damn great player.
I agree.

I like Tobias Harris as much as the next guy, but I wouldn't put him quite that high.
Agree. I'd drop Carmelo to #6 (based on current, not previous seasons). And probably move George ahead of Hayward - but it's hard to slot a guy who missed a season. I'd also bump DMC up a few notches based on his defensive prowess. And Wiggins was very good late in the season, although his 3PT percentage took a dive (fatigue?). He could also be placed a couple of spots higher.

Paul George is averaging 29.4 ppg 9.4 rebs and 4.4 assists in his last 5 games.

There's no way Hayward's better.. The Jazz would be much more of a force in the west with Paul George, don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise.

Paul George is averaging 29.4 ppg 9.4 rebs and 4.4 assists in his last 5 games.

There's no way Hayward's better.. The Jazz would be much more of a force in the west with Paul George, don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise.

I agree.

There was a hypothetical discussion not long ago about trading Hood and Burks for George and many said they wouldn't do it. lol